Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Stock Honda rubber mats, easy to remove, hold up well over several years, colors match, and by the looks of it are cheaper.
Completely agree! I had Weather Tech mats in our G1 truck and also a couple cars over the years. Not a good bang for the buck IMO. OEM Honda winter mats are in our G2 truck (3rd winter coming...they're like new) We also run OEM winter mats in our 300S AWD.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I went with Husky on my 2017 (I had Weathertech on my Gen1). I like the fact that the rear is one piece. It fits great!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Completely agree! I had Weather Tech mats in our G1 truck and also a couple cars over the years. Not a good bang for the buck IMO. OEM Honda winter mats are in our G2 truck (3rd winter coming...they're like new) We also run OEM winter mats in our 300S AWD.
I like the soft rubber mats (vs. some harder plastic I've seen) in my 2007 RL, and though somewhat worn they really held up well.

From the pics, these G2 OEM mats look like they're similar, and they say "Ridgeline" on them, which is pretty cool....plus they're $118 + shipping ($145 total to my location) for 3 pieces:

Picking up my new G2 on Wednesday, and think I'll get a set of these.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The gripe with the honda ones are that they don't cover underneath the gas pedal or the dead pedal. So in the long run you will be vacumming more than those with liners. And if you have snow and salt where you are, that's even more fun.

I've had 6 cars in the last 10 years and started off kind of cheap using the OEM all weathers, then got weathertechs, and boom, never looked back.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like the soft rubber mats (vs. some harder plastic I've seen) in my 2007 RL, and though somewhat worn they really held up well.

From the pics, these G2 OEM mats look like they're similar, and they say "Ridgeline" on them, which is pretty cool....plus they're $118 + shipping ($145 total to my location) for 3 pieces:

Picking up my new G2 on Wednesday, and think I'll get a set of these.
I have the Honda mats in my 2017. I am very pleased with the quality in general. The coverage is pretty poor though and anything dripping off your right foot while driving is going to end up on carpet because the mat doesn't cover there. This is a huge shortcoming in my opinion and I am looking to replace my mats. I recommend skipping the Honda mats.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have the Honda mats in my 2017. I am very pleased with the quality in general. The coverage is pretty poor though and anything dripping off your right foot while driving is going to end up on carpet because the mat doesn't cover there. This is a huge shortcoming in my opinion and I am looking to replace my mats. I recommend skipping the Honda mats.
Thanks for letting us know that right-side weakness - good info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys. I have always used weather tech Mats in my previous car but found them too expensive and overrated. I wanted to try another brand so I tried husky liners and damn they are nice. Anyone have experience with these? What are your thoughts?

I personally like how they have this custom double lip that doesnt allow anything to drip in the edges, I like the look better and the quality.

As always I did a video showing these as it's easier for me to video and talk then type lol. It's not sponsored so relax lol. I just like making videos on my youtube channel. It's fun. Check out my husky liner video below of you want.

Weather tech, if you could see the way mine look, no doubt

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just got a set of 4 3D MAXpider. So far I really love them, especially at $128! I thought it was a great deal myself. From Amazon. The crazy thing, the day they were delivered, I looked them back up on Amazon, and they were priced at $194. WTH?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had Husky mats for my '13 Accord Sport (full set front and back). While the rear ones were relatively fine, the fronts were a disaster.

Within only 1-2 years, they had lost their general structure/rigidity and had lost all ability to remain flush with anything on the floor. They also would slide around despite their spikes on the bottom.

The passenger side was by far the worst, though I'd maintain that basically the entire set was a bit disappointing overall.

I now have a set of WeatherTech liners up front and WT mats in the rear for my '19 RL and they seem to already fit a lot better and my gut feelings say they will not disappoint like the Husky did on my Accord.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I got husky for the back, I like that it is all one piece including the cargo area and even goes over the unnecessary parts of the track. For now I'm rolling with the stock carpet ones up front. No complaints . . . But I just got the truck on Monday.

·
Super Moderator
22,848 Posts
I had Huskies in my T100 and have WT in my Ridgeline. Both have lips that tend to curl as they age. It is what it is. I like them both in spite of that.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I just got a set of 4 3D MAXpider. So far I really love them, especially at $128! I thought it was a great deal myself. From Amazon. The crazy thing, the day they were delivered, I looked them back up on Amazon, and they were priced at $194. WTH?
Do the rear mats fit well? Everyone seems to love the front mats, but some complaints on the rear.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The stock carpet mats don't cover under gas pedal either, and already noticed a lot of dirt there, so I ended up getting the maxpider for the front. I have the husky in the rear, very happy with both choices.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Our Pilot has the W/T front liners. The step plate area has warped so it's like a funnel, & occ. catches my foot. I've taken a heat gun to them, but they return to the warped position. Coverage is poor, too.
Thanks to this thread, I've chosen & ordered the Husky full set. Way better coverage over OE or W/T.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I just installed the Maxpider mat and it completely deals with this weakness. I posted some comparison pics over int he Maxpider thread: https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/threads/3d-maxpider.212932/post-3090702
Ended up with the Maxspiders myself - very nice. And the rears fit better than I was expecting after seeing some complaints. Truck was a week old when they arrived - glad to have the carpet protected, especially since the weather is already starting to get sloppy.

·
Super Moderator
22,848 Posts
Those 3D Maxspiders look interesting. I just bought a set of front liners for my daughter's Corolla. It has those fabric mats that tend to scoot up underneath the brake and gas pedal.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts