Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ended up with the Maxspiders myself - very nice. And the rears fit better than I was expecting after seeing some complaints. Truck was a week old when they arrived - glad to have the carpet protected, especially since the weather is already starting to get sloppy.
Sorry I missed your original question from 1 month ago. Just now saw it. The back mat was a real bear to get installed correctly, mostly because it grips the carpet so tightly, makes it hard to align perfectly. I found that it was way easier to align with two people, one on each side. The under the seat mat however fell right into place. Had them over a month already and they are truly genuine carpet savers with 99% coverage.

Reactions: Pleease

·
Registered
42 Posts
Now that winter has arrived I am happier than ever with my selection of weatherTech. I added the front and rears along with the rear seat under storage tray and the cup holder for my i-Phone. The lips on my mats keep water, mud and slush contained entirely within the mat and they clean up nicely as needed. Nobody beats the fit and finish of WeatherTech and yes... they are not cheap but are IMHO worth every penny.

As always... Opinions and YMMV.

(y)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I put husky's in the back as they look to have the best protection and 3d maxpiders in the front as I see them more , they fit as well if not better and I like the look

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been studying this way too long now. In my opinion there are no clear winners based upon these comments. I will research a little more but I am leaning towards the Husky product at the moment. Any particular source beside the factory? Is there an alternate? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
I have been studying this way too long now. In my opinion there are no clear winners based upon these comments. I will research a little more but I am leaning towards the Husky product at the moment. Any particular source beside the factory? Is there an alternate? Thanks!
I've got the Maxpyder 3D front mats and the Husky rear mat. They seem to fit well, albeit tight, but temps have not been above freezing here for a while, so they are pretty stiff (installed less than a week ago). Purchased from Amazon.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I went with the Maxliners and they have been fine. There are some on here that have stated with various floor liners that I had a problem with this on the front and this and that didn’t fit properly. Might be an issue with either the way they were made, designed or the current mold they were using. There will always be a better fit than what I got or someone else bought, but I will live with what I chose at the time. All of them have pro’s and con’s to each one. Look at what is available and what works best for you. with so many alternatives, it isn’t always easy basing it on what someone stated on a forum. See if you can find someone that is actually using the brand you are looking at, and some you may not have even considered. Look at those if you can before you lay out your hard earned cash!

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
LOL, OEM here for years on all my Hondas, i like the softer thicker rubber it flecks nice when removing. Im in the bush a lot, plenty of mud and snowy boots for years, its not a deep tub, never had issues with my snow shoes on with plenty of snow on them :). Why do some need some special floor mat tub thats like a piece of computerized rubber hardwood floor. Over priced and over rated, whats the rest of your truck like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just received and installed Maxpider Kagu mats. Fit very nice with excellent coverage. Rear cargo fit is a little off where the small tabs cover the area between the cargo and passenger area but this shouldn't be an issue and could resolve as the mats relax into the space. Overall very happy with fit and time will tell about durability and wear. 2019 RTL.

·
Registered
261 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: longboat

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just did the Huskys front and back In a 19BE. Put them in and they fit as designed but one or two edges didn’t fit perfect. So I laid them out in the sun for several hours (Tucson). They became much less rigid and very easy to work with. Then back in the truck and I sorta pushed on them in a couple of spots to better fit. The next day I went to check and they had ended up being perfect fit.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have the Husky mats front and rear as well. Very satisfied.
There is virtually no exposed carpeting, and combined with the smooth surface of the mats, makes the truck very quick/easy to vacuum and keep clean.

To me, a big drawback of the Maxpider Kagu mat is the rubberized and textured surface.
It has to be more difficult to clean when you get mud/salt/dirty water on the mats, as it gets ground into the dimpled surface and doesn't easily wipe away from the rubber.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Stock Honda rubber mats, easy to remove, hold up well over several years, colors match, and by the looks of it are cheaper.
I went with the Honda All Season Mats High Wall on my new 2020 BE. Fit like a glove and seem hefty and heavy duty enough to last a good while, plus they look good and say Ridgeline on them. Now I'm looking at something for underneath the back seat, but have not decided yet. Currently eyeing the Cargo Tray (08U45-T6Z-100). Picked up a Honda cargo net last week for use in the bed and I also want to add running boards eventually. Accessories = $$.

·
Registered
53 Posts
To me, a big drawback of the Maxpider Kagu mat is the rubberized and textured surface.
It has to be more difficult to clean when you get mud/salt/dirty water on the mats, as it gets ground into the dimpled surface and doesn't easily wipe away from the rubber.
I have the Maxpider Kagu liners (full set) in my Ridgeline. While I have not had them very long, they don't seem to be any harder to clean than the WeatherTech liners I had in my previous Frontier. And I like the grip of the rubberized surface; it's not as slick as the WeatherTechs.

·
Registered
213 Posts
While I have not had them very long, they don't seem to be any harder to clean than the WeatherTech liners I had in my previous Frontier.
I guess time will tell.
Based on the materials and design alone, the Maxpider mats would be more difficult clean/maintain by default.
  • A smooth surface will be easier to clean than one that has thousands of dimples/recesses.
  • A harder plastic surface will be easier to clean than a rubberized surface.
Someone on here mentioned finding gum (or something similar) ground into their Maxpider mat and was never able to fully remove it.
That would not be a problem with Husky style mats.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Husky's i saw some reviews they buckled.

Also,Weathertech support American jobs; but quick searching on Husky, looks like they are made here too? Guess i got owned =-(

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
33 Posts
Will the custom fit floor liners for 2019 Ridgeline fit a 2020 for the WeatherTechs or Huskys? Both website do not list the custom floor mats for the 2020 Ridgeline

·
Registered
'20 BE w/Skid Plates, Upgraded Stereo
43 Posts
As was mentioned, the Husky's are superior for the rear cabin. For the fronts, the WeatherTech and Husky's seem interchangeable. Use what you like for the fronts.

As a side note, this past weekend (7/19/2020), I had some cooked onions and peppers spill while on my way to a BBQ. Juice went everywhere. The Husky rear mat caught all of it. After spraying it off and wiping down with Windex, there was no evidence of spillage or even smell! I can now seriously vouch for the rear Husky's.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had a similar occurrence in my rear of the truck with a cooler. Someone opened the drain valve on a full cooler and water leaked everywhere, like it was a tub. The Husky mat collected easily 90% of it with some spillage near the center console, but we are talking probably a gallon of water. Wiped it out and let the carpet dry till the next day.

No symptoms of any water smells or anything.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
LOL, OEM here for years on all my Hondas, i like the softer thicker rubber it flecks nice when removing. Im in the bush a lot, plenty of mud and snowy boots for years, its not a deep tub, never had issues with my snow shoes on with plenty of snow on them :). Why do some need some special floor mat tub thats like a piece of computerized rubber hardwood floor. Over priced and over rated, whats the rest of your truck like.
I have the Maxspyders, and while they fit perfectly and protect everything great, kinda wish I'd gotten the old-school honda soft-rubber mats. From memory, I think there's some pretty nice carpet in the truck, but I can't see a wisp of it; feels like I got a base-model vehicle with vinyl floors. And the plastic is pretty hard. It's like covering your nice, soft sofa in plastic to protect it from spills, but it also blocks the nice feel.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts