Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These pictures are old, but I am just now getting around to posting them. They are from the weekend of August 5. I had just bought the Ridgeline 2 weeks earlier, and this was our first real trip in it. We went with another couple on a journey searching collectibles on the "Worlds Longest Yard Sale" otherwise known as "HWY 127 Sale".

We all had a great time and enjoyed the trip immensely. The Ridgeline was great. I did all the driving, and never got sore. We averaged about 400 miles a day. We left Louisville KY at 6:00 Friday August 5th. We took I-64 to Frankfort, where we connected with HWY 127. We stayed the first night in a golf resort outside of Crossville TN. Saturday we crossed Look-Out MT in Chattanooga. Beautiful Scenery. Saturday night we arrived in Gadsden AL. We spent the night here in a motel.

The next morning, we spent about an hour visiting Noccalula Falls Park, which is just breath taking. From there we headed west towards Birmingham. Just outside of Gadsden, we stopped and explored this huge flea market. My wife fell in love with this black puppy that we wound up buying, and took home with us to give to my 27 year old son.

The truck averaged 16.76 Miles/Gallon on the way down. From Birmingham to Louisville, on I-65, we averaged 20 Miles/Gallon.

Enjoy the pictures. It was a great weekend, we found a few collectibles that we purchased, and the Peaches that seemed to be for sale everywhere were great.

I almost lost my Extended Bed on this trip. Left it lying on the ground at one of the yard sale sites in Northern TN Saturday morning, after loading some stuff in the bed. Pulled into a McDonald’s about 12 miles down the road, and my wife says, “Jerry where’s the Bed Extender”? Oh well, we backtracked, and fortunately, it was still sitting on the ground where I had left it undamaged. :)

I have since installed Honda Running Boards.

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Great pics -- thanks for posting! That sounds like a lot of fun -- the RL is perfect for road trips!! :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kellcut said:
exactly what I thought. Is that an item that you purchased or just saw on your great HWY yard sale?
I just saw it, and thought I had to have a picture of it. Brings back old memories doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I know a few people who would go crazy if they could get their hands on that cooler. They have all sorts of coke memorabilia. Cool pictures though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts