Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
TexFromKansas said:
I am tired of people saying "oh it looks like a baby avalanche ". If i hear it one more time i am going to.....

Had a guy at a stoplight yelling over to me that very thing a week or so back LOL He was very interested though. Wanted to know the price,what I thought of it etc.

·
Registered
534 Posts
...I'm going to flatten his toes under my back wheels. :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
TexFromKansas said:
I am tired of people saying "oh it looks like a baby avalanche ". If i hear it one more time i am going to.....
Next time tell them it's built better, gets better gas mileage, and dependable! ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Had an avalanche owner at work say that to me. I said: "Yes, you have a point. Let me know when you need a ride to get your Avalanche out of the shop."

The best part was, a week later... she asked me for a ride! :)

L

·
0 Posts
Perkolater said:
Had an avalanche owner at work say that to me. I said: "Yes, you have a point. Let me know when you need a ride to get your Avalanche out of the shop."

The best part was, a week later... she asked me for a ride! :)
YES!!Oh sorry!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
ladyridge said:
Hey Lady, what happened to your signature? I followed the link and it seems most of your stuff is there, but it was so much easier looking at the signature to see all the neat things you had on your truck, now I have to go to another site.

Anyway...that wasn't very nice ;) Poor Avalanche owner. I mean we can't hold them responsible for wanting something like a Ridgeline before the Ridgeline was available. We should feel sorry for them and the lack of choice available to them when they made their most unfortunate decision.

L

·
0 Posts
captmiddy said:
Hey Lady, what happened to your signature? I followed the link and it seems most of your stuff is there, but it was so much easier looking at the signature to see all the neat things you had on your truck, now I have to go to another site.

Anyway...that wasn't very nice ;) Poor Avalanche owner. I mean we can't hold them responsible for wanting something like a Ridgeline before the Ridgeline was available. We should feel sorry for them and the lack of choice available to them when they made their most unfortunate decision.
Sorry capt. I'll put it back. But while you go to that other site....vote for Ridgena please!! Thanks buddy.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
ladyridge said:
Sorry capt. I'll put it back. But while you go to that other site....vote for Ridgena please!! Thanks buddy.
I will after I get an account later. Need to go grocery shopping now ;).

·
Registered
616 Posts
ladyridge said:
I had only had the truck 2 days when she made the comment and less than two weeks when I took her to the Chevy dealer! I couldn't stop laughing!

She loved the Ridgeline after riding in it, even if I did rub it in a bit!

·
Registered
14 Posts
captmiddy said:
Ok now, lets not throw stones if ya never owned one. Me being an ex- Avalanche owner have only good things to say about them. She was roomy, had plenty of gadgets, loved removable rear window, loved the midgate, the additional side storage areas built into the sides of the bed, hated the gas milage. A true gas hog. Then again they are big trucks, just like the Excursion or a Surburban or a Tahoe, they all sport a large V-8 so crappy gas is to be expected.
At one time that was the size truck I needed since I towed a 28' boat around from time to time and needed all the truck I could get to move her. The Avalanche fit that bill. Once my wife and I decided to have children then something had to go and that was MY boat (for the time being.) So now I don't have a need to have such a large truck so I traded her in for my Ridge. Needless to say I am very happy with my decision but if I ever bought a LARGE boat again I would probably look to the Avalanche one more time not unless Honda develops a V-8 that would fit the bill and then of course the decision is obvious and that would be to stay with Honda.

L

·
0 Posts
The nerve of some Avalanche owners.
I had one try to race me today.
Huh..what do you think about that??
Wanna know what I did??
Beat the pants off him!! :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Ral1 said:
Ok now, lets not throw stones if ya never owned one. Me being an ex- Avalanche owner have only good things to say about them. She was roomy, had plenty of gadgets, loved removable rear window, loved the midgate, the additional side storage areas built into the sides of the bed, hated the gas milage. A true gas hog. Then again they are big trucks, just like the Excursion or a Surburban or a Tahoe, they all sport a large V-8 so crappy gas is to be expected.
At one time that was the size truck I needed since I towed a 28' boat around from time to time and needed all the truck I could get to move her. The Avalanche fit that bill. Once my wife and I decided to have children then something had to go and that was MY boat (for the time being.) So now I don't have a need to have such a large truck so I traded her in for my Ridge. Needless to say I am very happy with my decision but if I ever bought a LARGE boat again I would probably look to the Avalanche one more time not unless Honda develops a V-8 that would fit the bill and then of course the decision is obvious and that would be to stay with Honda.
I don't have to have owned one to have heard of the problems many people have had with the Avalanche. Problems which are far in excess to what Ridgeline year one problems have been. Things like leaks in the mid-gate, problems with a rattle in the mid-gate, worse than bad gas mileage and the like. Yes I am aware that some people have really liked the Avalanche and I even wanted one for a while and was on my list for a little while when I went looking for a truck.

But it is true, I shouldn't pick on them too bad since I haven't actually owned one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
DWdrums said:
Well it does.

I have to agree with ya DWdrums. When I first seen the Subaru I thought the same thing. A smaller version of the Avalanche. It made sense though. For those folks who did not need a large truck the Baja made sense. When the Ridgeline arrived, once again it made sense, a classy mid size Avalanche for those again that did not need a large truck. So to compare the original (Avalanche) to the vehicles preceeding (Baja, Ridgeline)is normal to me and not necessarily a bad thing. Hell, I think the El Camino was original to start this style (car like ride with a pick up bed).

L

·
0 Posts
oridgenL said:
Now if you really want a fight, tell someone with one of those cadillac trucks, " Hey, nice avalanche " :eek:
I think the Ridgeline looks more like the Cadi-Up Truck than the Avalanche. When I see a Cadi-Up Truck from a distance, especially from the rear, I think it's another Ridgeline and begin convulsions until I realize it's not. :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
I totally agree, I think that people that compare the Ridge to an Avalanche are trying to insult us, and to me it IS an insult. Only one time have I had someone ( a teenager ) say " Cute, It looks like a little Cadillac " She meant it as a compliment. I believe if people were honest and not jealous, they would agree. But lets face it. "Your truck looks like a Cadillac" just does not feel like a low blow. :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
A few of the guys in the neighborhood were in the alley chatting with the neighbor (Bill) directly behind me last weekend. He's been building a major addition to his place for the last serveral months. I heard them talking as I was working in my backyard and wandered out to the alley with a bag of yard refuse. Think "Hank Hill" and you've just about got it. Anyway, one of them, an older southern gentleman was oggling the Ridge and asked to look at it. He just went on an on about how nice it was and made the comment "I'd dare say this is nicer than that Caddy truck, yes sir I do". I just smiled and said I thought so too and thanked him for the nice compliment. Everyone else all nodded in agreement (most of them had gotten the tour of the Ridge before).

God I love this truck!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts