Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys go to find some small OEM parts. In the 09 RTL I bought I have been finding missing parts. I need the filler door handle with the pin, and also a cover that goes over the 12Volt outlet on the rear of the console. All I can find is a diagram that says parts 3,4,and 5. Thanks

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
I gave up on my rear 12V socket cover. Mine broke and I have been keeping that cover in my glove for the last 8 years.
the part number for the rear scoket cover is 39631-SJC-A01ZA/B/. The last letter changes depending on the interior color you have. Costs $12. BS is what I say.

I do not understand "the filler door handle with the pin". Got a picture?

Administrator
I've been known to pay "exorbitant" prices for certain parts as upgrades or replacements because my OCD won't allow for aftermarket or used alternatives. This is in direct conflict with my preference for "the best deal".

I'll argue over the last $1 for some things while overpaying hundreds or even thousands of dollars for other things. Humans are weird.

Registered
2007 RTL Steel Blue
What is the deal.. Did Honda not produce that many Ridgelines??
They produced a good amount, but they weren't Honda's biggest seller. Many suggest that the unusual shape, being Honda's 1st "truck", high cost, and the fact that it wasn't built using traditional methods made it less desirable for those in the market for a truck. My opinion is that the tanked economy of that time did't help sales either.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
That is to bad.. Though there are way to many add ons to the truck. I owned many trucks. Never had a screen, or in my case a rear seat, and all of the other little do dads. Now that I am older, and retired I kind of like all the extras. It just means more to go wrong with it.

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
That is to bad.. Though there are way to many add ons to the truck. I owned many trucks. Never had a screen, or in my case a rear seat, and all of the other little do dads. Now that I am older, and retired I kind of like all the extras. It just means more to go wrong with it.
It all boils down to what we are comfortable with. For many years, I missed the ease of driving of my '89 Accord; partly due to its simplicity and partly due to my comfort level in its working and ability to fix it.

With today's customer base, technology hunger, safety and fuel economy demands, vehicles have increasingly become complicated and integrated. Even the most basic vehicles available now are rather complicated with electronics. This means, gone are the days of very basic vehicles.

Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
Where do you guys go to find some small OEM parts. In the 09 RTL I bought I have been finding missing parts. I need the filler door handle with the pin, and also a cover that goes over the 12Volt outlet on the rear of the console. All I can find is a diagram that says parts 3,4,and 5. Thanks
Ebay is a good place to find bits n pieces. Search Honda outlet cover...

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Guess I didn't quite know the name of it. I will look on ebay. Thanks
As far as complicated. It is a shame that we can't work on our own cars. I HATE ABS.. It will cost me over $200 for a master cylinder, and someone else has to put it in and bleed it because of that blasted ABS. I have a 37 Ford in my garage right now that I have been building myself from the ground up. I never had to bring it to the dealer to fix, and I have no idea how to fix it if it starts spitting out codes. I also had a 93 Honda DelSol Si Vtec. Even that I could fix, and rebuild. I bought this truck AS IS.. So when parts start to go bad.. I am going to find out how I can bypass the computer and put in parts I know something about.

Administrator
It will cost me over $200 for a master cylinder, and someone else has to put it in and bleed it because of that blasted ABS.
That's not correct. Your Ridgeline's master cylinder can be replaced and the brakes can be bled using the same tools and techniques used for non-ABS equipped vehicles.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
The dealer said I have to use Honda parts.. I don't want to be in the middle of this, and find out I can't. I can afford to get it done this one time only. After that I will be on my own..

Administrator
The dealer said I have to use Honda parts.. I don't want to be in the middle of this, and find out I can't. I can afford to get it done this one time only. After that I will be on my own..
The list price for the 46100-SJC-A71 master cylinder from Honda is $226.52. You can buy one from Honda dealers who sell online for about $150+shipping. I have no problem with and recommend a Honda-branded part because it is likely to be of higher quality than aftermarket brands from auto parts stores.

For $25 per day, you can access the same service information that Honda dealers use and learn that no special tools are required for this job. Or, you can trust that I've already verified this information for you.

Registered
You know, I gotta say. I can see both sides of the coin here. I have a good friend who works the Honda parts counter, which lends to some sweet discounts (at times) and honest advice. The truth is, even at its newest, the 1G is almost a 7 year old truck. Mine is a 06, so we are turning the corner at 15 years. For some parts, OEM is just too hard to come by, or damn near impossible. So as the RL gets older, I'm constantly faced with the decision on how much $ I want to sink into a truck with 260K+ miles.

In the past 12 months, I've replaced the steering rack, oil pan, water pump/timing belt, valve cover gasket, catalytic converter, both bank o2 sensors, and every front suspension part possible. Now I'm heading towards the rear of the vehicle. That's a whole lot of $ to unload just for wear and tear parts.

There is the satisfaction in knowing that it still basically runs like new (suspension not withstanding), and that I haven't had a car payment in a long long time. The longer it goes, the less inclined I am (personally) to worry about OEM parts. Especially when it comes to the small stuff. I used to say "I'm gonna drive this truck till the wheels fall off". But, chances are, I'd probably swap those out, and keep on rolling.

So when is enough really enough?

With exception of a few things (o2 sensors, ps pumps) I don't get in a twist over OEM. Its not like it will increase in value. And I'm pretty sure I've gotten my money's worth out of it already. Now its kinda on borrowed time, at this point. Looking at sinking another $1200 in random wear and tear parts, and at this point I'm not sure what to do anymore.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I will trust you on this.. I just hope that I will have some kind of warrenty after this job is done.
Shawn Waldrop. Same boat here, only I have only maybe 20 miles I have driven on it. I would really like the guy who owned it before me. I found today after buying 14 12' 2x6" treated lumber that he had super glued 2 tie downs on. I hooked into a tie down, started to ratchet it tight, and the tie down blew off.Both of those bolts were broken and were glued in place. Lucky I had one good tie down on each side. Makes me wonder what else will be glued in place. The last owner won't give up the title on the truck. I just want to ask him if he had the timing belt changed. He doesn't want to say anything to anybody about the truck, and he is keeping the title. Even after trading it in.. Guess I will just have to play it by ear. I will get the parts fixed, and see how it goes. I do like the truck.. Way better MPG. Wish it was a little higher though. In Northern Minnesota in the Winter it is super hard to see over the snow banks..

Administrator
The last owner won't give up the title on the truck. I just want to ask him if he had the timing belt changed. He doesn't want to say anything to anybody about the truck, and he is keeping the title. Even after trading it in.
Whoa. WHAT?

That's not legally your truck nor was it legally the dealer's to sell without a title.

Some of your posts are bordering on unbelievable. :)

Super Moderator
If you can't get clear title. You don't own anything. NOTHING. If you have given any check out for this thing put it on HOLD at the bank. DNP as we like to call them in the banking bis....

Steve

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Dealer had me sign a form. The State of Minnesota will then push on the former owner to give up the title or put my name on a new title for the truck. He traded that truck in on a newer car. He has the title for that as well. Dealer told me they have seen it many times before. There is no problem on that. The truck is mine.

This is not a fly by night car dealership. This the Honda dealer in town. They have been selling Honda's and Cadilacs for years.

Oh, and what posts have I made that don't sound real??

Administrator
Dealer had me sign a form. The State of Minnesota will then push on the former owner to give up the title or put my name on a new title for the truck. He traded that truck in on a newer car. He has the title for that as well. Dealer told me they have seen it many times before. There is no problem on that. The truck is mine.

This is not a fly by night car dealership. This the Honda dealer in town. They have been selling Honda's and Cadilacs for years.
Good luck. I hope that doesn't come back to bite you in the rear. I still think it's foolish to spend money on a vehicle you don't have the title to.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts