Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

I asked my salesman if he wanted me to post his name and dealership with the price...

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JaxRidge 
#1 ·
... and he said "Uh... no."

I told him "You could get a lot more people coming in asking for you if they know you will sell at invoice."

He said, "Yeah, but I'll get in trouble."

What do you think? Think he was feeding me a line? Why would he turn down a good recommendation on ROC?

Also, he said they make a flat amount on each car sold and not a percentage of the "scamage". Ever heard of this?

#3 ·
Re: I asked my salesman if he wanted me to post his name and dealership with the price...

arteegee said:
Why bother to ask if you aren't gonna honor his wishes? :confused: Of course he doesn't want to sell them all at invoice. Jeez...
I'm sorry to have offended you.

Do you see a name or a dealership?

:rolleyes:

#4 ·
Re: I asked my salesman if he wanted me to post his name and dealership with the price...

You think the people who paid him more might be offended? Think about it. :rolleyes: And yes, some sales reps make a flat rate. And no, I'm not a salesman.

#5 ·

Crispy said:
... and he said "Uh... no."

I told him "You could get a lot more people coming in asking for you if they know you will sell at invoice."

He said, "Yeah, but I'll get in trouble."

What do you think? Think he was feeding me a line? Why would he turn down a good recommendation on ROC?

Also, he said they make a flat amount on each car sold and not a percentage of the "scamage". Ever heard of this?

Sounds like they didn't make much money on the deal, and they don't want to give out too many more deals like it.

If that's the case, you did well. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.