Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a silver RTS tonight...thanks to Christn and his post of 1300.00 over invoice--I got a local dealer to deal with me from invoice instead of down from MSRP! Also, thanks for the tip on the extended warranty. I got the dealer to sell it to me at cost. They're expecting it to arrive in 5-7 days. I have to say that this particular vehicle purchase was really different from the rest. Instead of sitting in a dealership going back and forth, I did it on the phone (email prior) while working on a home project. Very cool indeed.
One thing though...I bought the paint treatment thing--they said I wouldn't need to wax it--guarantee the finish for 5 years. Anyone know if this is true? I hate waxing cars much less washing them.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Post the pictures once you get the RL home. I can't comment on the "protectant" that the dealer sold you but I can't believe that you can avoid waxing your car.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Not with the amount of rain we get up in the NW. I'm hoping to wax mine next week when we have some nice weather again. I like the way the water beads up and runs off a freshly waxed truck.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Congratulations on your new truck. You will be glad that you bought it once you get to cruise around in it.

I bought the paint treatment as well. I got it because they will guarantee the finish even against love bugs. We get those in abundance several times during the year here in FL and it can be difficult to keep up with getting their squashed bodies off the finish EVERY time you drive your car.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I said NO to all the costly "protection guarantees" except one they slipped in on us, the window etched "theft protection." It was a sneak attack that I didn't discover until that evening. We paid $289 for that one.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well today is the day my truck is supposed to be delivered to the dealer (although it could also be tomorrow or Saturday)...so as I become more and more antsy as each minute goes by I've been searching for small things I might outfit my truck with. For RTS owners: what is the steering wheel covered with if it isn't leather?

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
The steering wheel is like a hard rubber feel. I like it. The only accessory I've added so far, besides the tow package, are the rear mud flaps. You should do that at least. HandA has them for around $50 online. I think I will also put the wind deflector on the hood, but that's it.

Congrats on pulling the trigger. I have the same one and love it! I guess it's a good thing you got silver. The dirt doesn't show as much, so you should be able to get by without washing as much. My last car was also silver and I might've washed it 4-5 times a year! And I wax about once a year, if that. (Maybe more at first.)

·
Registered
406 Posts
I like the feel of the steering wheel as well, but still went and bought a leather cover for it so that I can easily "clean" the steering wheel a few years down the line when it's grimy just by replacing the cover.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grok,
Did you buy a leather cover that you use thread to attach it to the steering wheel and if so, was it difficult to do?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Awesome" doesn't begin to describe this truck! When I picked it up last Friday night, I think the salesman delivering the car could tell that I wasn't paying close attention to what he was saying. I did the laundry list check (thanks, btw) and everything checked out. Got it on the road and wow! Now I know I was stepping up coming from a Civic but it's also better than my wife's Liberty! No pictures yet...I'm too busy driving it!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats. I hope you enjoy your truck as much as I am mine. Now you need to take time out to take some pics to share!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts