Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For several days, I've tried to login at home and the website keeps taking me back to the login/password screen, which says I might not have permissions and stuff like that. I don't think it's my account, though, because I don't have any problem at work. I use MS Internet Explorer and I've deleted my internet cookies, files, and history, but to no avail. I connect with Netscape via phone modem at home, T1 at work. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Check your privacy settings on IE.

I use Firefox browser, and sometimes when I'm "google searching" I disable the loading of any cookies. If I forget to re-enable cookies, then I cannot get into ROC!

By the way.... I love Mozilla Firefox. On the privacy settings you can set it to only load cookies from the site you actually select (so, if you are on the ROC URL, then it will only allow ROC cookies to load). You can get it for free at: http://www.mozilla.com/

I still keep IE on my desktop for Microsoft Updates, and a few sites that do not work well with Mozilla Firefox.

FYI... good luck!:)

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I did try resetting the security levels last night. I set to lowest level, tried again, didn't work, reset to medium. I'll continue to try, but other than that, I haven't changed these things before.

I tried Firefox about a year ago or less and it doesn't allow some websites. Maybe it's gotten better.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions and I'll just keep trying.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Firefox just came out with version 1.5.... I've not had any issues with web sites..... a few, when you go to purchase, require IE.... FYI....

Sorry about your issues..... that's a real puzzle!

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that was the issue. So, when that happens and the website requires IE, are you just able to open IE, bring up the website and continue your transaction? Or how do you deal with that?

Actually, It's very rare that I purchase anything online at home, or do much more than surf or play poker, so it shouldn't matter. We tried Firefox at work where I do a lot of online purchasing, so that was an issue, but shouldn't be too much at home. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
RidgeOwner3 said:
Yeah, that was the issue. So, when that happens and the website requires IE, are you just able to open IE, bring up the website and continue your transaction? Or how do you deal with that?

Actually, It's very rare that I purchase anything online at home, or do much more than surf or play poker, so it shouldn't matter. We tried Firefox at work where I do a lot of online purchasing, so that was an issue, but shouldn't be too much at home. Thanks again!
Install the IE View Extension and Firefox will have a right-click "Open this page in IE" option, and an "Always View in IE" option on the Tools menu. I use it occasionally, usually when a page as an embedded media player - Firefox seems to struggle with those sometimes. Other than that, I'm extremely happy with Firefox and the Thunderbird email application.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Lingered_I said:
Install the IE View Extension and Firefox will have a right-click "Open this page in IE" option, and an "Always View in IE" option on the Tools menu. I use it occasionally, usually when a page as an embedded media player - Firefox seems to struggle with those sometimes. Other than that, I'm extremely happy with Firefox and the Thunderbird email application.
Lingered_I,

...... Great! Thanks for that tip...... I need to look at more of the Firefox options. I just upgraded to version 1.5 today. Always something new to learn:rolleyes:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Lingered_I said:
Lingered_I,

Are you using Foxfire 1.5? Before I downloaded it, I saw this comment from a user:

Using it

by milki, December 09, 2005 7:49pm

I've been using this ever since it existed but in 1.5 final crashes all the time

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
RidgeOwner3 said:
For several days, I've tried to login at home and the website keeps taking me back to the login/password screen, which says I might not have permissions and stuff like that. I don't think it's my account, though, because I don't have any problem at work. I use MS Internet Explorer and I've deleted my internet cookies, files, and history, but to no avail. I connect with Netscape via phone modem at home, T1 at work. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!
CAP LOCK ON? or NUM LOCK off? It's got me a few times....:eek:

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I FIGURED IT OUT!!

I use Netscape dial up service, which has a feature called Web Accelerator to speed up the loading of web pages by limiting graphics, etc.

I had to turn this feature OFF (much like my Auto Door Locks on the truck) to let ROC.com recognize my account login and redirect me. Otherwise, ROC said "Welcome Ridgeowner3" as if I were logged in, but would never actually complete the login process.

I hope this might help others that could have the same problem!! I'm just happy that I can login to the ROC at home again. Maybe I'll get some work done at work now.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RidgeOwner3 said:
I FIGURED IT OUT!!

I use Netscape dial up service, which has a feature called Web Accelerator to speed up the loading of web pages by limiting graphics, etc.

I had to turn this feature OFF (much like my Auto Door Locks on the truck) to let ROC.com recognize my account login and redirect me. Otherwise, ROC said "Welcome Ridgeowner3" as if I were logged in, but would never actually complete the login process.

I hope this might help others that could have the same problem!! I'm just happy that I can login to the ROC at home again. Maybe I'll get some work done at work now.
Also, I have to leave Web Accelerator OFF if I want to remain logged into the ROC. I will automatically be logged out if I turn it back on.

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
14 Posts
RidgeOwner3 said:
your problem begs the question of....is this a problem only with one website or are all the sites you try to visit giving you the same trouble??...and do you have good spyware,malware,virus programs running in the background??...let me know, i can give some pointers....my homepage was recently hijacked and gave me all sorts of BS symptoms

·
Registered
14 Posts
your problem begs the question of....is this a problem only with one website or are all the sites you try to visit giving you the same trouble??...and do you have good spyware,malware,virus programs running in the background??...let me know, i can give some pointers....my homepage was recently hijacked and gave me all sorts of BS symptoms

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
FrontRoyalRidge said:
Thanks. I'll check. I only usually login to one other website at home and haven't had problems there, Pokerroom.com. I might have an anti-virus program running, but just whatever came with the computer, and no spyware or anything. I don't really do much online at home besides checking email, playing poker, and keeping up with the ROC. That takes most of my time right now! But I'll check this out more this weekend.

Actually, I guess I do login to Yahoo all the time and don't have problems there.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FrontRoyalRidge said:
So I just went over to Edmunds.com to see if I could login there, which I did with no problem even with the Web Accelerator on. My problem must be only with this site.????

It was interesting reading some of those old posts. I haven't been over there in months. In fact, nobody has posted in the Ridgeline vs. Tacoma forum in almost a month. Potential Ridgeline owners must be using the ROC for their research, which only makes sense!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts