Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gave my ridgeline the first ding at 6 days old. was not driving related. i was securing an old silver windshield visor on top of the dog crates with bungee cords when the first cord slipped from my fingers as it was fully stretched and whips around and hits the outside of the bed. there's 2 small dings just above the crease. aaaaargh!!!
if only i had ordered the cargo net sooner(it's now being shipped). i will see how much it costs to get fixed. i hate those first dings. of 4 vehicles(including this one) i've had, only my minivan escaped early dents, others were 1 day, 10 days and now 6 days.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Ouch! Let us know what your repair costs. We've always driven our 4x4s as work/play vehicles expecting them to show that we don't baby them. It's different with our Ridge. I want to keep her pristine. Maybe in a year or two I won't be so protective, but right now she's my new baby.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Lurker, I heard a story about a guy who takes a hammer to his new vehicles to get that first ding out of the way on the first day!! (I would never do that!)

My wife backed out of the garage and hit my door on my last car, 98 Civic. Put big dents in both our cars! Needless to say, I don't park in the driveway anymore!

Anyway, 3 months and 5500 miles on the truck and no dings yet (knock). On our recent 3000 mile trip, only 2 very small chips in the front end and a couple microscopic chips in the windshield. Still looks new, and my wife is EXTREMELY careful when parking next to it in the garage!! (She loves the truck as much as I do, even though she's only driven it once, and does not want to be the one to put that first ding in "him".)

ps. Stay away from vehicles with snow on their roof. As it falls on the freeway all kinds of stuff fall with it. That's how I got hit with a couple rocks.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I feel your pain. I was rear-ended with 1900 miles on mine. It's all fixed now. Looks great, and you'd never know it happened. Take the time to find a reputable body shop, and let them do their thing. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Sorry to hear of your trouble. I hate that when it happes, I really do. It will happen to all of us sooner or later. You may want to check with your dealer, especially the used car manager, and ask if they have a dent guy that comes around and fixes the kind of dent that you have. Locally, and I am sure they are elsewhere too, there is a "Dent Wizzard" that has lots of tools, tricks and experience at removing dents that you would not think could be possible without involving the body shop and major repainting. I have seen his work and it is simply amazing. As long as the paint is not cracked your dent may be able to be fixed inexpensively. This guy has quite a business going. He travels a set route to a lot of dealers and mostly works on their used cars. He also does great chip repair work as well. An unintended consequence of his work is that he also treats depression and anger management at the same time as he fixes your dent.

·
Registered
362 Posts
My front window got hit by a rock upper left by driver and scratched the glass while I was on the highway yesterday. Im suprised it didnt shatter with as loud as it hit - scared the Bejesus out of me. I guess what im saying is its hard to keep them totally new when S*&T happens. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
72 Posts
My wife got a new, red Corvette a few years ago and within 2 weeks ran into the support post in the garage and practically tore the front fender off.

I only bring that episode up at very carefully chosen moments :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
ridgelurker - sorry to hear about your unfortanate event. I had a similar situation as bellteck in that a rock hit my windshield after owning the vehicle for one week. Even after the repair, you can still see a star-like shape on the windshield. Good luck with your repair.

L

·
0 Posts
I know the feeling as well.
I had my Ridgeline 2 weeks and I put the first ding in the tailgate.
I am an experienced truck driver but I forgot about the guy's plow set up that I parked in front of. :eek:
I have not had it repaired as of yet because I was waiting for the water leak issue to be fixed.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Londo said:
My wife got a new, red Corvette a few years ago and within 2 weeks ran into the support post in the garage and practically tore the front fender off.

I only bring that episode up at very carefully chosen moments :)
Oh man. You'll get more mileage out of that deal then you'll ever get out of your Ridgeline.

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2 year old side swiped my RTL with his battery operated John Deere Gator. I've had it for only 10 days. I now have a nice 3 foot scratch on the passenger doors. I was sick for a week. Now I found that if I leave it dirty I can't notice the scratch as much.......By the way, his Gator had zero damage, not a mark! :eek:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Stiflersmom, same story about the dent guy. Sometimes a "Dent Wizard" guy or a body shop can work miracles with dings and scratches. It may not be as bad as it appears.
Good luck

L

·
0 Posts
Stiflersmom said:
My 2 year old side swiped my RTL with his battery operated John Deere Gator. I've had it for only 10 days. I now have a nice 3 foot scratch on the passenger doors. I was sick for a week. Now I found that if I leave it dirty I can't notice the scratch as much.......By the way, his Gator had zero damage, not a mark! :eek:
Welcome to the ROC. :)
Can I assume we have another female on the board???? :D
I sure hope so..I'm getting tired of having to sound like I know what I'm talking about with these wise guys!!!! ;)

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
One hour after driving off the lot some idiot parked so close to me at the mall parking lot, I could not even fit between vehicles to get to the door. I asked the driver to move up. He pulled out and back in, giving another three inches. So I just climbed across from passenger side and when i got in, noticed his kid looking at that side of my truck. They left, and after pulling out of the spot, pulled over and saw a scuff mark from their door hitting mine :mad:

At 4 days someone scraped my bumper in the parking lot where I work (my first day back to work with the new RL). It happened right between 'showings' to co-workers that I noticed it. Needless to say I was mad :mad:

Damage was minimal in terms it was only paint scratch and not dented.

Then two days later, not used to the length, scraped it myself on the rear bumper. So I know I need to get those back up sensors next!

A little touch up paint but knowing its there sucks! Well, at least it's 'christened' and don't have to stress about the little ones anymore.

I feel your pain!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i just got back from another road trip. 9 days old and 2250 miles or so already. i had a bodyshop that does good work look at it and said it'll cost about $300 to fix. it would involve sanding and filling in with primer or something and then repainting pretty much the whole upper part of the quarterpanel. he was pretty good about advising me against it since he said it was not too noticeable anyway and that he recommended keeping a factory finish on as long as possible but that if i went for it that they'll do it. i'll ask my dealership about a dent guy when i go in to have them fix the scratches that was caused by the salesman.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts