Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We all know kids, at the ripe old age of 14, learn some very colorful language in school. Here is an example of some colorful language I thought I would never laugh at coming from my baby boy. We have a fantastic relationship and I am not one of those Mom's who pick apart every little thing he does wrong ( unless of course he's coming in last at the Kart track ) He calls me "Noni". ( short o long e ) I have always raised my kids to understand that the words people use as "cuss" words are just words, it's just all in how you use them. But they still are just words.
This story is a bit lenghty and I hope you will find it well worth the read. I couldn't wait to share it with you.

Last night, my son and I had our Mom/Son night out. We went to Red Lobster, had a great dinner and came home. I realized I had forgotten my house keys at my office 30 miles away and couldn't get in because the office keys are on there too. I knew that my better half Todd would be home soon so we sat in the Ridgeline waiting. We decided to play with Ivan. ( for those of you who don't know, that's what I call my Navi ) I showed him how I had his kart racing schedule in the calendar and how I can set my own title and message to be read by Ivan when we got in the truck and start it up for the first time of the day. He said , "Mom, can I try something?' I said, "sure, go ahead". He asked me to turn my head and wait until he was done. He completed what he was doing and asked me to shut the truck off and turn it back on again. When I did, of course Ivan fired up. I pushed the ok button and all of a sudden Ivan said, "April 21, 2005, title: dooshbags are a way of life. Message: just like my crazy f&%^ing Noni taught me". I thought I would never stop laughing. It was the funniest thing I think I have ever heard in my life. I couldn't even get mad at him for putting that f word with my name because I was in hysterics. We had a good laugh at my expense, but a good one just the same. And to top it off, Ivan pronounced Noni with a long o. I imagine it's much funnier if you were there to hear it so for those of you who have Navi...try it if you haven't already. Maybe a Happy Birthday or Happy Anniversary message for your wife or kids or a funny surprise message for one of your drinking buddies. It will leave you in stitiches.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
CLassic!

Do you guys know if you can program several different things for it to say upon start-up and then pick one on the fly?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I knew I should have bought the NAV. ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hey LadyRidge,
Thanks for sharing. Am I going to have some fun with this!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Leave it to a smart ass kid who races go karts to figure that one out!! I'm still laughing.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vertrkr said:
Good one! I knew it could say just about anything but never thought to use it as a prank. Next time I pick up my buddy I'm going to have it say

"Warning, dumb ass detected in passenger seat. Ejection sequence initiated in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1"
I think I''ll try that one on my daughter the next time she asks for a ride and 10 bucks for gas!! She's 21. It will serve her right!! :D Ok..I'll leave out the dumb ass....lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
That is funny as "heck"........no limit to the fun you could have with that.

My better half trades me trucks every weekend.......was always a good deal when she has had the nicer truck the past few years..no longer.

She "Cathy" uses the truck to commute to her horse, my last van used to come back with many different smells and odors plus the additional hitch hiker that may have stuck to her boot.

I'm going to prepare a nice Saturday morning reminder for her to keep my baby a little cleaner.............she wont, but it will be fun.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Driving a Ridgeline RT...what a ride
Driving a Ridgeline RTS...manual lumbar support..ahhh my back
Driving a Ridgeline RTL...with Navi that bids you good morning?? PRICELESS!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I didn't go for the NAV because I really didn't think I would use it much. I had no idea that it could be programed like that! Wish I'd gotten it now...I can think of all kinds of ways to end up sleeping on the couch!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I don't have the NAV but I do have the radio with XM. I had my 14 year old in the front with me and was listening to Fungus when a song came on titled:

F*&^F**&^F*&^F*&^ (the four letter word)

Of course the XM showed this on the screen. We both got a kick out of it. :)

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I'm glad you posted about the ability to leave messages. I had no idea about this. We haven't seen a RTL NAV, but hopefully ours will be here by the end of the week so we can play with it.

I'm going to surprise my husband with a message or two to bid him good morning as he heads to work at 5 AM. It should give him a chuckle.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It sure is a conversation piece isn't it?? I love it!!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Go to information...then calendar..then press the date you want and it will bring up a screen for you to edit date..edit title and edit message. Be sure that the reminder in the top right corner is turned on. Have fun!! :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts