Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We stopped at a busy restaurant over Thanksgiving and the main lot was full. Parking guy tells me to back down but keep it tight against the grass. Rainy night and I did not see the wooden guard rail till I impacted it. Best part when I get out to look he comes over and says... oh yeah I forgot to warn you about that. No reflectors on it. Rear cam was covered in water and proximity sensors never went off. First insurance claim in 15yrs. Adjuster says they will not reskin the doors due to issues down the road with rust so they are replacing them. Also worried about color match so they are respirating the entire side. Total estimate for repair 4600.00. Stupid hurts the wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
We stopped at a busy restaurant over Thanksgiving and the main lot was full. Parking guy tells me to back down but keep it tight against the grass. Rainy night and I did not see the wooden guard rail till I impacted it. Best part when I get out to look he comes over and says... oh yeah I forgot to warn you about that. No reflectors on it. Rear cam was covered in water and proximity sensors never went off. First insurance claim in 15yrs. Adjuster says they will not reskin the doors due to issues down the road with rust so they are replacing them. Also worried about color match so they are respirating the entire side. Total estimate for repair 4600.00. Stupid hurts the wallet.

Bummer. I could definitely do something like that.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I scrapped up my left rear quarterpanel. Fortunately, the cost wasn't nearly as bad ~$700. The real pricer kicker is the 3-stage paint Honda uses.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one in front would drive if he could. The one in back just wants the window down and the wind in his ears. Paint is almost a third of the cost. Doors are around a grand each. Tried to find a pair in a scrap yard but this model is too new. The place I’m using does the body work for Honda America here in Ohio. Earliest opening is Jan 13. Originally I was not gonna claim it but once I got the estimate I turned it in.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Wonder how it would have turned out if you had the body side moulding. If you would have felt it or if if would have lessened the damage. Hope you have another means for your riding buddies while it gets repaired.

·
Registered
293 Posts

oHH Ouch! I feel your frustration. But with a couple of new doors and modern paint matching tech nobody will ever notice it was damaged. I might have told the insurance company the dog was driving. Your picture almost verifies that. LOL :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've actually had quite a bit of trouble seeing out the back of my Ridgeline.

The higher theater seats make looking back kind of rough. Camera is garbage. I've been super duper careful backing up with this vehicle.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sucks. Backup cam is pretty bad on the Ridge
Need a couple side sensors for people like me. Definitely on me and not checking the area. I was pretty mad at myself but in the end no one was hurt and it is just money. At least I did not compromise the cab

Reactions: Tswiftma

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,197 Posts
Need a couple side sensors for people like me. Definitely on me and not checking the area. I was pretty mad at myself but in the end no one was hurt and it is just money. At least I did not compromise the cab

Can you find a pair of used doors in the right color from a totaled Ridge?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can you find a pair of used doors in the right color from a totaled Ridge?
I looked State wide for three days. No luck

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,197 Posts
I looked State wide for three days. No luck

Is the damage only limited to the doors? Even nationwide if you could find the doors it would be cheaper than $4.5K. Even if color were wrong a used set of dent free doors with a new paint job would be better than your old ones repaired. Was the quote for new doors?

·
Registered
564 Posts

Bit of bad luck there, but a proper repair and you'll not know the difference.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is the damage only limited to the doors? Even nationwide if you could find the doors it would be cheaper than $4.5K. Even if color were wrong a used set of dent free doors with a new paint job would be better than your old ones repaired. Was the quote for new doors?
Damage is only to the doors. Quote was for new doors and repainting the side to match

·
Registered
564 Posts
Maybe you can have the back door extender installed as new trucks have, easier for the dogs to access the rear seats

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe you can have the back door extender installed as new trucks have, easier for the dogs to access the rear seats
I put those in a few weeks after I got the RL. Definitely worth the money and super easy to install yourself

·
Registered
119 Posts
That sucks. Backup cam is pretty bad on the Ridge
I've learned it's better to tilt the side view mirrors Downward when backing up. The rear cam works well enough- but it difficult to see whats on either side. Some higher end cars with rear cams automatically tilt the side mirrors when reversing....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts