Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still keep hearing this drumming noise from the passenger side/ front wheelwell.
I got like 500 miles on my Ridge now..Bought it Oct.15.

The sound of "tapping a hollow coffee can" happens when I back out of my driveway, turn at slow speeds, stop and go slowly etc....

The boss mechanic at my dealer said before he can "condemn" it, He needs to hear the sound..
I kind of agree with him, but I know I am not going crazy, I hear a drumming.. My 2 sons heard the drumming.. Grrr.:eek:

Unfortunately,
By the time I get to drive it over to the dealer, the drumming is gone or I dont have time to stop...

The last time I tried to take it in, "reception" tech dude who drove the truck around to the service bay garage said he heard it, but when the actual mechanic drove it, the drumming stopped. I got in, it was gone..:confused:

Any suggestions..?I like my new truck, but I dont want to have a strut pop on me while I'm driving either...
( BTW.. my 02' CRV never made any noises.. :( )

·
Registered
953 Posts
Sounds like you need to leave it over night so they can test it when it is cold. I had a simliar problem with a Suzuki Sidekick in 1993 and it would stop after it warmed up. Left it over night and they found the problem the next day. It ended up being a bad bearing in the left front wheel.

Your problem could have something to do with the front axles. Don't delay take it in and have them check it the next day.

·
Registered
85 Posts
VinnyFromBrooklyn said:
I still keep hearing this drumming noise from the passenger side/ front wheelwell.
I got like 500 miles on my Ridge now..Bought it Oct.15.

The sound of "tapping a hollow coffee can" happens when I back out of my driveway, turn at slow speeds, stop and go slowly etc....

The boss mechanic at my dealer said before he can "condemn" it, He needs to hear the sound..
I kind of agree with him, but I know I am not going crazy, I hear a drumming.. My 2 sons heard the drumming.. Grrr.:eek:

Unfortunately,
By the time I get to drive it over to the dealer, the drumming is gone or I dont have time to stop...

The last time I tried to take it in, "reception" tech dude who drove the truck around to the service bay garage said he heard it, but when the actual mechanic drove it, the drumming stopped. I got in, it was gone..:confused:

Any suggestions..?I like my new truck, but I dont want to have a strut pop on me while I'm driving either...
( BTW.. my 02' CRV never made any noises.. :( )
I had this problem with my Ridge...There is a thread somewhere on here with the problem...The strut on the right side needs to be lubricated. There is a TSB meant for Acura MDXs that tells how to fix it...I'll try to find the thread

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
kbird said:
I had this problem with my Ridge...There is a thread somewhere on here with the problem...The strut on the right side needs to be lubricated. There is a TSB meant for Acura MDXs that tells how to fix it...I'll try to find the thread
Another post mentioned that he left the truck at the dealers overnite, to be tested first thing in the morning....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts