Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a Honda Metro with windshield today. Picking it up this afternoon!! Will get at least 80 mpg :D This will be ride to work :D

L

·
0 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
I'm buying a Honda Metro with windshield today. Picking it up this afternoon!! Will get at least 80 mpg :D This will be ride to work :D
Post some pictures Tex!!! :p

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Cute! With a football helmet you'll look like those guys from Dumb and Dumber.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks just like that Steve, except it's yellow and white. Helmets not required in CT. Having to wear one would have swayed my decision to buy!! I will post pic's for you Ladyridge. Sonia and I went to Block Island in the Long Island sound, and we rented a scooter and went around the island. I think the capacity on those things are only 300 lbs. We overloaded that thing by a 100 lbs and had no problems! (BTW most of the overload came from me). Man it was 36 years ago since I rode a motorized bike. And Sonia knew this, but she had a lot of trust in me, I tell you. Not one incident!!! Afterwards we had a great lobster dinner and brewskis:D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
Oh my god. Will this thing actually splat a bug on the windshield, or do they just roll off? :D

There goes Tex, wing, ding, ding, ding :eek:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I am trying to convince my wife to do something like this to ride to work each day. She is not the least bit swayed to this point, she would rather ride the bus that takes her an extra hour to get to work.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RidgeMe said:
Oh my god. Will this thing actually splat a bug on the windshield, or do they just roll off? :D

There goes Tex, wing, ding, ding, ding :eek:
The bugs should be able to gently land on my windshield when I'm going top speed!! :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
The bugs should be able to gently land on my windshield when I'm going top speed!! :D
I guess that is better than gently landing on your teeth.

I am surprised that CT doesn't require a bike helmet for the scooter, but then I am guessing they don't require motorcycle helmets either, at least I think it was in CT when I was surrounded by motorcyclist without helmets, it could have been elsewhere, it was a long drive down the FL.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Connecticut strictly enforces its seat belt law and then lets people drive motorcycles without a helmet. Makes no sense to me!

·
Registered
141 Posts
steveberger said:
Connecticut strictly enforces its seat belt law and then lets people drive motorcycles without a helmet. Makes no sense to me!
I agree, it should be optional to wear a seatbelt, too :D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bliss53 said:
Tex,

Where does Sonia ride on that thing or does she get the Ridgeline while you eat bugs?
As close to my back as possible....and no she doesn't get to drive my Ridgeline. She loves riding with me! My Spanish Senorita is the greatest thing that has happened to me. The 13th of this month is our 13th anniversary of being together!! :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
As close to my back as possible....and no she doesn't get to drive my Ridgeline. She loves riding with me! My Spanish Senorita is the greatest thing that has happened to me. The 13th of this month is our 13th anniversary of being together!! :)
Ok everybody say "awwwwww". More power to you and yours, enjoy life! and each other. :D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
arteegee said:
I'm thinking about a Ruckus. :rolleyes:
I rode my Metro in to work today for the first time. I made headlines!! All of a sudden, folks were saying that this made a lot of sense! They were even surprised that the scooter with a 49 cc engine does not require special licensing, does not require registration, nor do you pay property tax every year....a lot of folks did not know this. I was thinking of getting the Ruckus myself, but opted for the Metro because it was more mature looking :) Nowhere was the MPG advertised by Honda and finally, I called my sales guy and he told me to expect up to 65 MPG!! I was a little disappointed, but after thinking what I have, a 4 stroke, liquid cooled engine with top speed of 40 mph, I was really getting a bargain. Besides, its a lot of fun to drive!!! I am debating about selling the Ridgeline soon :mad:

P.S. the metropolitan msrp was 1849.00. he gave me a 200.00 discount. the ruckus was a hundred more.

·
Registered
169 Posts
RidgeMe said:
I agree, it should be optional to wear a seatbelt, too :D
I agree, natural selection will take its course for those that don't wear seatbelts or helmets. We need to leave more up to mother nature to weed out the weak minded so that we can slowly improve.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wish to revise and modify the info I posted on here: :eek:
First, while I was picking up the Metro from the dealer, I found out it can only carry one person, the operator. No passenger. I think Sonia was slightly relieved.
Second, the next day after I first rode it to work, I realized the possible value of wearing a helmet. I bought one that day.
Thirdly, after riding a few days, I had to buy goggles, because my eyes watered too much.
Fourth, I started using a jacket and gloves to protect my arms and hands in case of a spill. :rolleyes:
Lastly, and the best part, I have 70 miles on her now, and I still have a tank of gas!!! :D Not bad for a tank capacity of 1.3 gallons!! ;)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
As the weather gets cooler, you'll need leather chaps and riding boots.

Come on Tex, we've seen Sonia on the Metro. Lets see you fully dressed riding that machine. :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts