Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm into my second week of ownership and was finishing up mounting my new rear mud flaps and doing my weekly detailing and opened the top of my center console mounted armrest to find the little black coin holder. I thought I had seen this thingy somewhere else and had been driving my dad's F-150 before I bought my Ridge. Anyway I opened his center console this morning for a look see and found it's the same exact one that's used on the Ridge!! It even pulls up and out and fit perfectly into the two honda pegs. At first I thought that was pretty weird. I found out later that they are sub-contracted to the very same supplier. :eek:

·
Registered
109 Posts
You guys get a bit too much sometimes me think :p

It's not a Ford part - it's a part supplied to Ford. If you start looking around you'll find a lot of parts on various brands of cars as well as everything else that has been outsourced to a company. That company most likely makes parts for many end users or assemblers. Generally they couldn't stay in business relying on just one company. How do you think some of GM's suppliers feel about now if GM is their only buyer :D (giving their product away) or Ford (giving their product away) or Chrysler (giving their product away).

I don't see the big deal. I have Michelins on my truck but the same tire can be found on lots of other vehicles. The headlight bulbs etc most likely came from a supplier that supplies other manufacturers as well :p

Lighten up and enjoy the truck - it's a Honda and one hellofa truck in my opinion. :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
You think THAT's strange, have you noticed that the rear end is manufactured by Borg-Warner?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
doubledutyemt said:
You think THAT's strange, have you noticed that the rear end is manufactured by Borg-Warner?
What are you doing looking at the rear end of your truck? ;)

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ouch!! Sorry to here bout the optional hail damage Ridgeman!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Does any of this really suprise you? Im sure 50% or more of this truck is manufactured from companies other than Honda even though it may even SAY Honda on it. Welcome to the Global marketplace.

·
Registered
460 Posts
bellteck said:
Does any of this really suprise you? Im sure 50% or more of this truck is manufactured from companies other than Honda even though it may even SAY Honda on it. Welcome to the Global marketplace.
exactly. the difference comes on who honda does there business with to build there trucks. do they use quality "partners" or just run of the mill suppliers? my hope is that honda puts there name on quality, whether from the factory or from one of there suppliers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
bellteck said:
Now that I think about it, my Tundra had what looks like the same coin holder.

I should have bought stock in that company... :D

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man!!, I'm glad someone got a chuckle, That was the intent!! :D

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
BluRidge said:
So long as its not an engine component I can accept just this one item-please dont find more. :(

Ha ha ha ha ha hah ahahaaaaaaaa.............. I love this place.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Dang!!

I had to bring my Ridgeline into the dealer to get the coin holder replaced. It broke down and I couldn't buy coffee at the McDonald's drive through. It was horrible!

·
Registered
848 Posts
So is this a import or not ???

I say its a mutt, mixed breed :D

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
So is this a import or not ???
It's not an import. With over 75% domestic content, it's considered a domestic vehicle. The Chevrolet Avalanche, on the other hand, has 61% domestic content and therefore is an import. :D

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
mugen1 said:
Yep, we Canadians have a dollar and two dollar coin. The Loonie is called that because the tail side has a Loonie on it. The Twoonie, well......... it's two bucks, and rhymes with Loonie, I guess.
I possess a complement of Canadian currency - leftovers that I forgot to convert when returning from our last fishin' trip. That gives me yet another reason to visit again! :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
My Tacoma had the same coin holder. It pops them out into the compartment when you hit a really hard bump! ;) I really don't think they are brand specific.

·
Registered
386 Posts
MontanaFred said:
Dang!!

I had to bring my Ridgeline into the dealer to get the coin holder replaced. It broke down and I couldn't buy coffee at the McDonald's drive through. It was horrible!

Thats funny, I hear there is a recall for the coin holder because they are catching fire while in people's garages.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts