Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline Sport
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Interesting... Curious as to the details of this Garman camera, and how you've integrated it into the system. Details?? Thanks!
It's the BC40 wireless camera and it connects to the streetsmart gps. Once you do the initial setup, an icon on the upper right of the screen is there and all you have to do is tap it. You can select what level of resolution you want, though the higher resolutions will drain the battery more.

Speaking of batteries, they recommend lithium AA cells. When I got it in April, I didn't have any so I just used some standard alkaline batteries and its still going fine. That's about 3 months which is supposed to be the lifespan of the higher end batteries. Guess I dont drive it that much to wear them out with use.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire

Car Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
201 Posts
Like may things in my life, I became happier with the AA situation in my RL after lowering my expectations. I have started hooking up the phone prior to starting the RL, that helps a bunch. Also, giving the units lots of time to sort things out without pushing any buttons helps prevent lock ups. I use BT for daily driving and only attempt to use AA on long trips or when traveling into unknown territory. I will try the USB debug setting to see if that helps.
With my iphone 11, sometimes I just use the maps straight up on the phone without plugging it into the truck's interface. It works ok with carplay, but it's slow, clunky. It does beat printing out mapquest directions.

The Garmin was nice for a time, because it was so dedicated to just one thing. One day the tech will be just perfect, but the cost of fuel - electricity or gasoline, or another source - will keep most people from driving. We all work from home now, so why drive anywhere anymore?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts