Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hey steveberger,

It took some doing but I was able to get my Mini Cooper to fit in the back of the Ridge and I didn't even need to use the bed extender!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
tedridge said:

It took some doing but I was able to get my Mini Cooper to fit in the back of the Ridge and I didn't even need to use the bed extender!!
This is just so wrong. Funny but wrong.

How did you get in and out of the Mini? You must be small yourself to get in and out through a window.

Okay I have to admit I was fooled, you couldn't have put a mini in the bed with the door up, a mini is 140" long and weighs in at 2600lbs it would have definitely made your tail sag. It is also 66" wide.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got out through the sunroof! Hey Capt'n you really have got to test drive a Mini pal!

By the way, how to you do they quote thing with a previous reply?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
tedridge said:

You must work in Lucas' Studio for special effects...great computer skills!! :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
swampler said:
Click the button that says "quote" in the bottom right hand side of the message you want to quote.
Got it, thanks. My good computer skills are suspect if I can't even find that button!

·
Registered
176 Posts
too funny. Next I want to see the Mini on the roof rack of the RL. You were taking requests right? :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
H20MAN said:
too funny. Next I want to see the Mini on the roof rack of the RL. You were taking requests right? :D

OK here you go but now I've got to get back to work!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Maybe my original Mini would have fit! ;) Too cute. :p

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool Hez, you had an original Mini?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
A few weeks ago I went to a Classic Sportscar Auto Racing event at Limerock Park in Connecticut. They race by years and when they got to the early `70s I was suprised to see several minis running against Mustang Cobras. Even more suprising was they kept right up and in the pack. I don't know much about minis, but this gave me some respect for them. Is the mini a BMW product?

·
Registered
269 Posts
The Mini began in 1959 with it's heyday occuring in the 60's. 1961 brought the first Mini Cooper (inspired by racer John Cooper) winning the Monte Carlo 4 years straight from 1964-1967 which rocketed it's popularity. Even Enzo Ferrari owned one. It began to fall apart in the '70s. Rover owned it beginning in the 80's until BMW bought it sometime between 2000 and 2001. BMW has been the owner since.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I had a 1976, 1979 and a 1980. My husband had a 1978 Mini at the same time (we were dating then). My 1976 was a 16th birthday present from my sister. My Dad made me take out the engine, strip it down and put it all back together (all the seals needed replacing), before I could get my license and drive it. I learned very quickly that Mini brakes need constant TLC and spent much time replacing seals and bleeding them. Ah, the good old days! :D

My three older sisters each had a Mini (one of which became mine), and Dad had a one point a Mini woody wagon. Now that was cute! I then moved on to an Austin-Healey Sprite (the midget lookalike not the bugeye).

When the Civic wears out, it will be a new Mini for us.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow Hez, it sounds like you had great family times. I have three daughters and maybe I'll get them to do my car maintenance from here on out! :D

That Mini Woody sounds like a cool set of wheels.

·
Registered
534 Posts
You'd be doing them a huge favour to teach them to handle a socket wrench! ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My girls all know how to handle a socket wrench already. Now I have to be brave enough to let them near my vehicles with them!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts