Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nighthawk Black RTL with moonroof, chrome bumper trim, fender flares, running boards, mud flaps and dealership option 20 inch epic rims. I love it!!!

Attachments

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Very nice color. I can't wait to get mine in black.

I like those 20' rims. The dealership that I am dealing with is willing to put 20s on the truck. They put some BMW spoke wheels on a Ridgeline that they already sold.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice rims, goes well with your truck's color schem.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Looks great! BTW those are running boards, not side steps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Before I bought this RTL I test drove one on stock wheels. Naturally the stock wheels will have a bit more pneumatic suspension attributes, but the custom 20 inchers do roll really smooth. I do go over the undulations in the parking lots a little slower with the lower profile tires. Take into consideration that it might turn a little wider with the bigger contact patch. But for me I have no complaints. I love this truck and I cannot say this enough. One of my favorite features is the "all window" drop feature when you press the unlock once and then again holding it down. That is so sweet!!! Ugh and the two tone leather...my friends drool over this truck! Thanks for all the great posts! Enjoy your trucks!!! Only Honda could pull this off so nice!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did your dealership make and adjustment to the speedometer. To make corrections to the speed for a different wheel mass? Are was is not necessary?

by the way nice truck

·
Registered
30 Posts
CaliforniaRidgeline - Can you explain the "all window" drop feature again? I haven't heard about that one before now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You don't recalibrate the speedo just because the wheel weights are different. You recalibrate the speedo when you change the overall tire diameter.

What size tires are on those 20" rims? Truck looks great. Best Ridgeline I've seen yet.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
J.Bauer said:
CaliforniaRidgeline - Can you explain the "all window" drop feature again? I haven't heard about that one before now.

Just as the man said...hit the unock button on your remote once, then again and DO NOT let go of the button...release the button when the windows have lowered to your desired position.

Also...if you want all of the windows up you can do it with the door key. Give it a try.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello All!
Can't wait till the Saturday...my first truck wash!!!

Rob I belierve the tire size is - 275/45R20 S

·
Registered
32 Posts
RidgelineRob said:
You don't recalibrate the speedo just because the wheel weights are different. You recalibrate the speedo when you change the overall tire diameter.

What size tires are on those 20" rims? Truck looks great. Best Ridgeline I've seen yet.

:thumbup:

THATS WHAT I MEANT. POOR CHOICE OF WORDS ON MY PART. THANKS FOR CORRECTING ME. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1984911Targa said:
Those wheels look really small, can you post some clearer pictures of your car rolling on 20's

Michael
Sure thing. I have a friend that's a professional photographer and he's gonna hook me up with a photo shoot as soon as the weather is clear and when he has time. They may look small to you because the truck is not lowered and there is some major wheel gap from the top of the tire to the optional fender flares (which may also be a reason why they look small.) I'll be sure to include a close up of the tires so you can see the tire markings. Sounds like you have doubts about my claims...PM roc member bongus. We got our trucks at the same dealership and he almost bought the one I picked out. The photos currently posted were taken with a phone camera and I do notice that there is a little fish eye effect due to it's limits which may not be helping. I'll keep you posted.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts