Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been recieveing attacks from an anti-ridgeline troll at my videos and through private you tube messages and I thought i would share it with you all. it started with his comment for this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn3NCY_KrRw

and he said: "there are no hot babes, only faggots drive ridgelines and think they're real trucks"

so i delete it from the comments and tell him his chevy's look like crap.

bis following responces: "looks like someone is a little butthurt he wasted money on a wanna-be truck, guarantee both my trucks will outlast yours, like to see you beat yours like mine after 200k miles, mine runs perfect i could take it on a 2000 miles roadtrip and it wouldn't complain a bit, i can still haul 1 ton in the bed just fine, tow 7000lbs and get 18mpg in the city and 22hwy

btw my Suburban holds more people and can tow more, it has torque like a truck should have a Vortec 350 not some pansy ass high rpm V6 made for a car, and i guarantee with a real 4x4 transfer case mine can easily go whever yours can, it has a real frame and beefy tires so you can take your jap scrap and shove it up your queer ass, you like that **** then get the **** out of America and take it to Japan, assclown"

and then i try and explain (why oh why bother) about why i have a ridge, wha i use it for and why doesnt he make a video rather than trash mine....
h
his responce "you couldn't be further from the truth, you're a brainwashed puppet of society who believes what the media saves and they save jap scrap is all good for the environment and is reliable while American made trucks are junk and gas hogs

i don't believe you've owned a single GM truck otherwise you would never say that, even Ford guys know Chevy trucks run with the best because they are one of the best, i'd take a Silverado or F150 over any other half ton truck, guarantee mine gets better mileage since mine can haul and tow and cruise at lower speeds and with less strain

you'll find out one day when your motor or tranny gives out from the stress since it's a midsize powertrain in a fullsize package, i just pity you for being so ignorant"

I go on and try and explain its not a full size pick up but very capable. That his chevys are not known for reliability...ect and he fires back

"snakesonaplane2
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: your trucks all look like ****
1. you're an idiot because you don't know what you're talking about
2. again, same thing you think anyone with knowledge about trucks is just a redneck, and i am a redneck, that's not an insult i'd rather be a redneck then a stuck up douchebag like you
3. combine the Silverado and Sierra sales and they beat the F150 every year
4. Honda isn't anymore reliable and who gives a ****? i live in America i don't bitch about gas prices i work for a living so i can afford what i want so **** off
5. what's a video gonna prove that pics can't? all i can do is show off how badass i can make a truck sound and i haven't even put on headers yet
6. i'm no troll i just enjoy making pricks like you mad, i wouldn't wish a ridgeline on anyone
7. who cares? it's a truck dumb****, i didn't buy it for comfort, i'm not a ***** i can take a real truck's tough suspension
8. again, no one gives a **** mine will still outrun yours in the mud or anywhere else

give it up bitch, you have a girl truck and now you need to change your tampon"

Can we say TROLLING 16 year old? Or 30 something white trash on government benefits?

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Welcome to the internet. There are idiots like that lurking around every corner. People like that have nothing better to do than talk crap so its best not to feed them and their obssession with being internet trolls. He is probably a 500 pound 40 year old man with no wife or kids and can't even get off the couch. So he has nothing better to do than pick a fight and your feeding into it. If he is that ignorant over american vs japanese cars then there won't be anything you can say to prove that his pos chevy will crap out at 100k when the ridgeline blows by it several 100ks over.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Sounds like this person is victim of in-breeding. I think his mom and dad are very closely related...maybe brother and sister...

It never ceases to amaze me how many people are of the opinion that masculinity is directly linked to the vehicle purchased. Obviously this person has confidence issues (and obviously mental issues too) and thinks the only way he can be a man is to drive a full-sized pickup truck, with big wheels, and real loud exhaust. He probably has never been with a woman and took time between reading Penthouse forums and choking the chicken and kicking his dog to trash your posts. Just ignore him....he'll go away.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
You made several big mistakes. First, you put "hot babes" just to get hits on your own video. You thought that was going to get only intellectual responses???

Then, you engaged with the troll. Like you were going to change their mind.

Just ignore them. If it bothers you, do what others have said...turn off comments.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am sure you are all right. I used "hot babes" in the title as a joke, and to see if in fact it recieved more hits, it does. I really find it funny that there are people out there that find fun in this type of communication. And who uses 'snakes on a plane 2" as a user name? they will never make a sequal the first movie was so bad.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
If he wasn't praising a Chevy I'd swear you were being heckled by cdepuydt :act027:

In all seriousness as I think someone else pointed out you're wasting your time trying to reason with that guy. Your best bet is to just ignore him eventually he'll grow tired and move on to harassing someone else. As I've said before the problem with arguing with an idiot is they just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
i love how these idiots think they are supporting America by buying an "American" car, at least 50% of the thing is made in China, buying bigger trucks then they need (probably making up for something they dont have) and wasting so much gas which is coming in from freakin Abu Dabi!!

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
If he wasn't praising a Chevy I'd swear you were being heckled by cdepuydt :act027:
If he would have insulted your intelligence more, I'd swear you were having a conversation with mevers! :act024:

I agree rakapur. My FIL is like that. He's owned either Fords or Chevys his whole life (never mind he spends most of his free time working on/fixing them) and thinks if you don't buy something from the Big 3, you're a traitor, or something like that. He started giving me crap about buying "a rice wagon" the second he saw my new RL and, he said, "...if you liked that general shape, why did you buy yourself an Avalanche...?!?" I told him, first of all, I didn't need a full-sized pickup, that is hard to drive around the parking garages I had to park in at the time, with a V-8 engine, that got 10 MPG in the city. Besides, I told him, the RL has more domestic parts than a Chevy Avalanche.

Of course he didn't believe me...so the next time we were in the area of a few dealerships, we went and checked out RL and Avalanche window stickers...and I proved it to him. Shut him up for a little while.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Don't forget: "Choosing to do battle with an idiot means you have to lower yourself to his level."

IMHO, not worth the effort, as you can never win. :act051:

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
As I've said before the problem with arguing with an idiot is they just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
I like that! Having experience as an 'idiot' does have some value, for other idiots of course. :act024:

Good advice, best to hit the 'ignore' button, often as necessary.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Best scenario is you win and risk adding an idiot to the ranks and nobody wants that.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I have a couple of things you should of done right off the bat.

Use these to your advantage, I have many more if needed.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,588 Posts
So I have been recieveing attacks from an anti-ridgeline troll at my videos and through private you tube messages and I thought i would share it with you all. it started with his comment for this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn3NCY_KrRw

snip
Just another confirmation of the statement that "There are none so blind as those who will not see."

Don't let it bother you bro'. You know the intelligence level of your agitator.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Just another confirmation of the statement that "There are none so blind as those who will not see."

Don't let it bother you bro'. You know the intelligence level of your agitator.
Problem is, it hurts one's back to bend down that low to see it. ;act028:

·
Premium Member
16,728 Posts
Change the settings on your acct. for no text comments...simple...
yeppers. Also, you can block users from commenting on any of your videos. I highly recommend

You delete their comment and block them.... easy enough.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am in tears he continues to tell me how great chevys are and that Honda has and does make crap. Well at least i get a daily laugh

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
This guy is proof why you should never feed the trolls.

Just ignore him.

Chip H.

·
Premium Member
16,728 Posts
This guy is proof why you should never feed the trolls.

Just ignore him.

Chip H.
by conversing, both are equally trolls

1 - 20 of 52 Posts