Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I anxiously awaiting someone to evaluate this cover. I'm leaning toward buying one.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I agree. It looks very good. One question:Is it a locking cover or not?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Question...on the Honda tonneau cover there are drain holes for snow melt run off on the back panel under the rear sliding glass...has anyone thought of this possible problem? :confused:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
From the pictures, it looks like the trunk lid should clear the side rails. I will wait until I hear the results before ordering one.

·
Registered
361 Posts
http://www.rolltopcover.com/products.htm

thanks for the info. I am also interested in a testimonial of the retrax cover. this is the kind of info and thread that brings me back to the site.

I just got bruised pretty badly in another thread by saying I enjoy the ridgeline truck but I do not love it.

With a good cover, I will enjoy it even more. According to Retrax website, it has a power lock connected to the door power lock. It also says that a covered truck creates a vacuum and sucks in debris. This is news to me, it that true?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thing I do not want to do is start drilling into the bed or body for that matter. Is this a bolt on system?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Has anyone installed the Retrax roll-up tonneau cover on their own Ridgeline yet? I have seen the pictures but so far have not seen any comments or photos posted from a ROC member. I want to order one but I am waiting to hear from a member.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Me too....... I waiting for some ROC member(s) to give feedback.

Ultra-HOG said:
Has anyone installed the Retrax roll-up tonneau cover on their own Ridgeline yet? I have seen the pictures but so far have not seen any comments or photos posted from a ROC member. I want to order one but I am waiting to hear from a member.

·
Registered
169 Posts
No news lately on the retrax hard rolling cover or that soft cover....Can you guys in previous contact with the suppliers bug them for an update?

Also be sure to post your pictures and opinions if you install something.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm busy at an art show all this week, so I can't take the time to take pics. But I installed my Retrax a couple of days ago and couldn't be more pleased! The install was simple. Took about an hour. No problems. All the parts shown on the instruction sheet were actually included. (that's a new twist!):D Unit looks great and works properly. Does it rattle/flutter? Yes! I'm fairly hard of hearing, but if I turn off my radio and open the back window I can hear it flutter while driving down the highway. But heck, it's a rolling cover...............why wouldn't it flutter? It has to move freely or it won't work. But since I hardly ever have my radio off.........or seldom use the back window, I'll never notice it! I ran the Ridge through a car-wash the day after I did the install and there were droplets of water down the side, in the center, where the water seal crosses the caps used to cover the bolts on the center of the bed-side. I'm certain there is a way to correct that.........just don't have the time to address it right now.

So, if anyone is considering the Retrax, I can attest (at this point) it is everything claimed to be by the manufacturer. The price was a little steep, but now I have the security I need for traveling and camping. I have no doubt, with a little privacy, any burglar could thwart that security. But it wouldn't be easy, and he'd have to make a lot of racket...........which is exactly what he wouldn't be willing to make.

So I highly recommend the Retrax. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
It's fun seeing all these posts from 2005 in the days before the Retrax was released. During that time period we were anxious to get our tonneau cover for our upcoming trip to the Canadian Rockies. It was our first major trip in our Ridgeline. That was a great trip and a wonderful summer.

Yes, I took photos to show precisely what restriction the Retrax places on the trunk lid opening. I will reiterate that the 'loss' of opening has impacting us exactly ZERO. It's a non issue that people continue to raise. Anything you need to get in or out of your trunk still fits.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/accessories/2004-trunk-lid-opening-after-retrax-tonneau-cover-installed.html

Here's another illustration of the room the lid leaves:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/exterior/8218-trunk-bathtub-sorry-no-nudity.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. I am new to the ROC (just signed up actually) and I just spent two hours trying to figure out which cover is better: the Retrax or the BakFlip. Initially I thought the Retrax would be a better option, but my main concerns about that one would be the noise the cover creates when driving at even moderate speeds and the noise it would make when hard rain is falling. Clearly, the earlier version of the BakFlip was not that good, but the G2 seems to be a better product. I would REALLY appreciate your opinions regarding these two products so I can make an intelligent purchase. Thank you all.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Hello and a big welcome to the ROC. I can only comment on the Retrax, but with three years of having it on our truck I can tell you we still love it.

Noise? I have never heard the 'flutter' a few people complain about. Could it be that I love my XM radio and always have music playing? Could it be that we rarely have the back window open when driving? Whatever it is, I would say our Retrax makes no descernible noise as far as I'm concerned.

It's never crossed my mind that rain would cause a racket hitting it and we've been in some downpours. I would suggest you put this at the bottom of your list of considerations about which tonneau will suit you the best. Don't forget to post more about your decision process.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts