Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, today I put down a deposit on a Ridgeline. The dealer says that he may have the vehicle in March. I am getting it with a sunroof, satellite radio, and the Navi package.

I also got to see the list of dealer installed accessories and the prices. Loads of things to add to the vehicle. There are also several packages of items that bundle several items together. There is one package that includes a trailer hitch and a bed extender. There is also a package for metallic dash trim pieces.

The dealer is also going to order several sets of 20" wheels that he intends to put on the Ridgelines that he will be getting in the coming months.

I'll post pics as soon as I get the truck!

Edit: Let's make this the official thread for those that have put money down and who are anxiously waiting for their trucks. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too, have a deposit on one, RT-L with Navigation - Black. It is due in by first of March, maybe even late this month.

In a couple of weeks, I'll check one out at the Chicago Auto show. I'm sure that'll get my mouth watering even more than it already is.

This will be my 5th Honda, and 7th if you count my wifes. First one was a 84 CRX, right when they came out. Then another CRX in 88, Accord, and Pilot. Haven't had one problem with any of them.

I'll get pix as well!!

·
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Build date = March 26th

Well I just got off the phone with the salesguy at the local dealership. My vehicle has a build date of March 26th with delivery about 2-3 weeks after. The dealer had a silver RT-L/NAVI but they switched it out for the black one that I had requested.

He is going to call me when they get their first vehicles in so I can go and test drive one. That should probably occur on or around March 1st.

Anyone else out there with build/delivery dates for vehicles that they have reserved?

·
Registered
131 Posts
:D
I put a deposit down on the Amazon Green RTL r/s back on Feb. 13 and I am the first in Virginia to buy. Deliver is suppose to be between March 15-18. The word from the dealership is the Blue steel and the Amazon green are limited edition colors, with the remaining 4 colors can be obtained in mass quantity.

I CAN'T WAIT!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Supposed to have one any day?!

I was called by my dealer today (I was first on the list for a loaded RTL) and he expects the delivery any day now. Looks like I will be driving one in February for sure. I do not have the total price because I am adding on a few features like the camera, rack and chrome wheels and pricing is due on that any day.

I spent over a year testing cars, SUVs and trucks. Nothing compares to this vehicle and I see it as the pound for pound unit-body champion.

Only question I have is: is it ok to use super like 91 octane or is regular better for the 3.5L V6 VTEC engine?

·
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be paying MSRP. If the dealer tries to add a premium I will walk away. I don't mind paying for a car/truck but I will not pay above MSRP just to have it. I could wait a few months if that (paying above MSRP) becomes the case.

I will also be adding some options to the vehicle so I don't know what the exact price will end up to be.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm thinking the ridgeline will be in the same boat with the Element. Brief strong sales at first, then soften up a little pretty quickly. I don't think it will be the home run that the CRV or Odysee is. Pickups are just a narrower niche than the former 2, and it will be competing with the Taco and Frontier.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Oops, just realized my date stated was a Sunday (dealership isn't open on Sunday). I put the deposit on Thurs., Feb. 10. Anyway, I'm getting the same price as the dealer up in Illinios is overing on this website with special $500 below MSRP. I'm just not sure whether the prices he states are before or after the $500. So, I know at least I'm not paying more than anyone else. My dealer said there first shipment doesn't have the $1000 premium added, but all vehicles after will have it. So, I at least saved the $1000. Plus the dealership doesn't expect any options being available in time for the shipment, so no tow hitch package or nothing is being offered. I asked if they will offer the driving lights for the front and why didn't it have it in the first place. No answer. Anyone know anything? By the way, what state are you in RIDGE to get them in Feb.?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Re: Supposed to have one any day?!

roosterfish2000 said:
Only question I have is: is it ok to use super like 91 octane or is regular better for the 3.5L V6 VTEC engine?

Doesn't matter, the computers will adjust the timing to accomodate whatever octane you are running. If you're towing I'd suggest using premium as it should provide just a little more power. This is from the Honda tech article on hondanews.com:

"Direct Ignition System and Knock Control
Maintaining the correct ignition timing throughout all operating conditions is essential to producing maximum power, using fuel efficiently and minimizing emissions. A powertrain control module (PCM) examines various engine functions as well as a block-mounted acoustic knock sensor to determine optimum ignition timing. In relation to octane rating of fuel, the PCM retards ignition timing as needed to forestall detonation. As a result, the engine constantly operates at the point of peak efficiency. Spark is supplied to iridium-tipped, long-life spark plugs by six coil units positioned directly over the plugs in the cylinder-head access bores."

http://www.hondanews.com/catID2138?mid=2005020137372&mime=asc

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm planning on waiting--I refuse to pay MSRP or premium. If that means waiting a year then I might do that or buy something else. The comparisons I've done (Frontier, Tacoma, Dakota, Canyon) with the Ridgeline definitely put it at the top but those other manufacturers tend to have better incentives than Honda. As for reliability, I think Honda makes good quality but they have their share of "issues" as I've experienced with my '98 Civic. To me, the Ridgeline offers innovation and I find that exciting especially considering the fact that I plan on driving it for many years to come.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Dktahg said:
Oops, just realized my date stated was a Sunday (dealership isn't open on Sunday). I put the deposit on Thurs., Feb. 10. Anyway, I'm getting the same price as the dealer up in Illinios is overing on this website with special $500 below MSRP. I'm just not sure whether the prices he states are before or after the $500. So, I know at least I'm not paying more than anyone else. My dealer said there first shipment doesn't have the $1000 premium added, but all vehicles after will have it. So, I at least saved the $1000. Plus the dealership doesn't expect any options being available in time for the shipment, so no tow hitch package or nothing is being offered. I asked if they will offer the driving lights for the front and why didn't it have it in the first place. No answer. Anyone know anything? By the way, what state are you in RIDGE to get them in Feb.?
Your dealer is baiting you to buy from his first shipment. He's trying to create a sense of urgency in you to buy immediatly. I think it's a pretty transparent cheap ploy to tell some one you better buy now because the next shipment will be a thousand more. The reality is the next shipment will cost whatever people are willing to pay. He's scum with a smile, but aren't they all?

I'm in the southwest. The dealer says Feb 22, but who knows. I barely listen to what a dealer says. 99% of the time the customer knows more than the dealer. It's never happened that I didn't have to educate the salesman on a vehicle they were selling, which is the case with many of you as well I'm sure.

·
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
$5000 above MSRP? You have got to be joking. I realize that you probably are not joking but I just find that to be incredible.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ridge said:
Your dealer is baiting you to buy from his first shipment. He's trying to create a sense of urgency in you to buy immediatly. I think it's a pretty transparent cheap ploy to tell some one you better buy now because the next shipment will be a thousand more. The reality is the next shipment will cost whatever people are willing to pay. He's scum with a smile, but aren't they all?

I'm in the southwest. The dealer says Feb 22, but who knows. I barely listen to what a dealer says. 99% of the time the customer knows more than the dealer. It's never happened that I didn't have to educate the salesman on a vehicle they were selling, which is the case with many of you as well I'm sure.
Actually, the salesman is an old great friend of mine and he's getting me some add ones for nothing and gives me the scope on all the dealership policies that may try to pull a fast one on me. The sales manager was the one with the $1000 premium info, but I had already put the deposit down and did the paperwork to reserve one. So I just felt at least I didn't get hit with the premium, like they are going to try to do to others, especially if the demand takes off and there is a waiting list like the Odyssey had. I'm pretty confident that Honda has worked out most of issues with this vehicle and hopefully there won't be a problem with the transmission and the new gearing and torque they put on the MDX engine so that it could pull the 5,000 trailer. I don't plan on testing that capability, but who knows when the urge may hit. This will be my fourth Honda, and no problems yet. I'm just stuck on whether to trade in my CRV or keep it for a spare vehicle.

Yes, it was the same for me that I knew everything primarly about the Ridgeline and none of the Salesman did. I educated them. That's pathetic that knowing these things is their job, but they don't have the initiative to know first. Easy sale for them, they just had to do the paperwork.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yeah, I think you got a fair deal at 500 below at this point in the sales cycle. The dealer I'm talking to wants MSRP, but at least they're not tacking on any markup. They tell me they're asking markup in Vegas, so I guess I'm supposed to be happy at MSRP. They may be asking Markup in Vegas, but those boys won't let you off the lot without selling you something. I assume the markup is just a buffer so you'll feel like you get a deal when you pay MSRP.

Just a side note: I heard an ad selling fully loaded Chevy Silverados. They're discounting from 37,000 MSRP down to 30,000. Do you think they're feeling it? You could probably even get them lower.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ridge said:
Yeah, I think you got a fair deal at 500 below at this point in the sales cycle. The dealer I'm talking to wants MSRP, but at least they're not tacking on any markup. They tell me they're asking markup in Vegas, so I guess I'm supposed to be happy at MSRP. They may be asking Markup in Vegas, but those boys won't let you off the lot without selling you something. I assume the markup is just a buffer so you'll feel like you get a deal when you pay MSRP.

Just a side note: I heard an ad selling fully loaded Chevy Silverados. They're discounting from 37,000 MSRP down to 30,000. Do you think they're feeling it? You could probably even get them lower.
Really?!! Wow, that's tempting...wait..got to resist...think:
There's no "car" like Honda, there's no "car" like Honda, there's no "car" like Honda... :(

1 - 20 of 54 Posts