Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cabin reminded me of the Pilot. I liked the 'in bed truck' but the spare tire is under the bed, in front of the trunk, would require you to unload the rear to get at it.

I'm surprised by the gas mileage numbers, wonder if they will hold up in the real world.

Might be ready for one when I'm done with my element, my son wants to buy it from me, but he uses words like loan & give :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
What did you think of the cabin, besides being reminded of the Pilot. I hear a lot of people complaing that it looks "dated" or like something from the 80's. From the pic's I've seen, the cabin looks fine. Simple and clean. The only thing I really dislike is the column shifter but I could get use to it. My wife's CRV had one and it was ok.

I have an "E" too. Love the car, but I think I need something a little bigger. The Ridgeline might be it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps conversative is a better word than dated, certainly couldn't be called flashy but it's likely what buyers like us are looking for, traditional honda layout. There was a navagation screen in the center, otherwise nothing remarkable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am curious about the room in the backseat as compared to a Dodge Dakota Quad cab - I've seen all of the autoshow photo's but they seem stretched out and don't seem to give a good perspective.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My wife and I got to crawl around in one Friday at the Houston Auto Show. She's 8 months pregnant and has a bit of a different perspective on vehicles now than I do.

We're looking for something for our expanding family (this will be our second) and I'll probably be looking at a minivan for our main family hauler. But, eventually, we'll be replacing my wife's 96 Accord. Right now, this would be her first pick to replace it. One of the big things she focused on was ease of ingress/egress and seat comfort and was impressed by the Ridgeline on both accounts.

I thought the interior, especially in front, was a still a little too concept carish, espeically with the doors, but still functional.

We both really liked the bed and trunk combo.

Quite frankly, I hope they eventually offer a 2WD version to make it more price competitive. I think it's a great idea, but starting at $28,000 is going to put it unneccesarily high on the price scale, IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts