Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm posting this info to help others determine what is dollars are possible, at least in my case and location.

2011 RidgeLine RT, 50,600 miles, all maintenance up to date, no body dings, original tires. I added (Honda OEM) a roof rack, mud flaps, running boards. Also a Westin bull bar with dual beam PIAA lights. Added some plasti-dip and marine grade graphics along the very bottom 6"? So a fairly well equipped one for an RT trim.

I purchased it used 2.5 years ago/ 16K miles, CPO, for $22400 (includes dealer add on fees, less tax). Todays trade allowance $18000, $500 more than I hoped for (and I would have accepted $17K for a quick deal).

I will miss it as a daily driver but I couldn't afford it (and a new 2015 Ody for the wife) and the new F250 6.7L needed for pulling my 5th wheel. Next I'll privately sell my old F250, no longer needed.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,595 Posts
Hope you enjoy your new ride and get good service!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
It is hard to "calculate" the ... dollars are possible equation when a trade is done since we can not see what the dealer did on the numbers, vehicle sold, vehicle bought. Several of ROC regulars worked finance, even as dealers/salespersons and know there are dozens of ways to stuff the deal while making the customer believe/happy with "allowance". Enjoy the Ody and Ford.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Did your wife drive the RL much? .... and if so, did she enjoy it? .... if she did, maybe we'll see you back sometime down the line when you no longer need the interior space of the Odyssey.
Best of luck with all your vehicles. :act030:

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
See ya Wras enjoy your new ride, a guy has to do what he has to do. Dont take any low ball offers. Hope you stick around.:act030: and post them pics of havin fun campin, thats what its all about.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
A similar equipped new 2015 F250 XLT has a window sticker of about 58,000 - but are now being discounted to 48,000. This used 2014 F250 XLT went for $38,000, less my trade in (18,000) but add back my payoff balance of 12,000. Plus I'm financing this $32,000 at an even better rate than the RL was on.

I know liars figure and figures lie, but I feel I clipped the dealer on both ends (meaning I would have gone up to 40,000 and accepted 17,000). I know the dealer didn't lose money out of his pocket but he did lose a huge boat payment.

I'll be hanging around, especially to read up the NSFW posts <grin>.

EDIT: I don't believe my bride drove the RL but once, when her vehicle battery died (she left the ignition on and locked the doors). The Ody is her new grandkids buggy so will be necessary for another 10 years/ 200,000 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
What are you towing with the F250 that the Ridge couldn't tow? Just curous...

·
Super Moderator
22,595 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
$18000 is very good as a trade in deal. Of course, when we say a trade-in is a good deal that is without looking at the total deal involving the pricing of the new vehicle.

I have always been a strong advocate of private sales but if you get what you want, that's all that counts.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
Wrascal, I think you did really well with your deal. Sorry to see your RL ownership come to an end, but it's a classic case of the tool not fitting your needs.

Speed, where in the world did you find that photo? I can't believe someone in their right mind would try to tow a fifth wheel with a RL unless it was extremely light and unloaded. Is there a fifth wheel camper out there that weighs less than 5000lbs?

·
Super Moderator
22,595 Posts
Wrascal, I think you did really well with your deal. Sorry to see your RL ownership come to an end, but it's a classic case of the tool not fitting your needs.

Speed, where in the world did you find that photo? I can't believe someone in their right mind would try to tow a fifth wheel with a RL unless it was extremely light and unloaded. Is there a fifth wheel camper out there that weighs less than 5000lbs?

Follow the link below the pic above and go to post #6. I was surprised as well that you can find a light 5th wheel trailer.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
I now remember seeing that thread. That's pretty impressive. 3800lbs. wouldn't be bad at all - especially with the weight distributed like that.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Three following-up notes: first I just visited the website where I traded it in at: http://kencoxford.com/Montgomery/For-Sale/Used/?MakeId=14 Their current asking price ($22900) is more than I purchased it for (CPO) way back when. Meaning don't believe what dealers say.

The other note that'll tickle y'all, after driving the new monster (F250) in the rain I can say its not nearly as confidence inspiring. I entered a rain-slicked turn that I often travel and decided I needn't go so fast anymore. I also was able to easily brake the rear tires loose from a traffic light. In fairness that could be shear difference in HP (400) and torque (800) but I wasn't hot-rodding when it happened.

And about the complaints over MPG, my RL averaged nearly 20 over its 35K miles with me. This diesel has touched 20.4 but so far is sitting at 18.4. Granted this is over only several hundred miles. My driving style is still grandpa.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts