Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 Ridgelines coming with the 9 spd tranny, and ADAS standard, well I've been agonizing for months over this. Honda fixed my only issue with the truck in 2019 with giving the RTL AWD the moonroof and rear sliding glass. That was my gripe in 2017 when the truck came out. Well I think I'm about to trade my performance car for the Ridgeline tonight or tomorrow. Just think it's time. I don't want the computer assisted driving stuff on the truck as I like to swap headunits out over time. I've already checked and I can put a Pioneer wireless carplay unit in the Ridgeline as soon as I get it. Very hard to get rid of a manual transmission awd turbocharged car for the truck but I love the truck and want to buy a waverunner over the winter so think it's time. Only issue with the truck I'm buying is it has been on the lot for a year unsold. 250 Miles on the ODO, but they are selling the RTL AWD for 1k under invoice and waiving destination fees so I think it's time. Been a tough few months of internal debate once the 2020 leaks came out. I'm thinking of adding the rear tail gate lock, heated steering wheel for the only options.

·
Super Moderator
12,365 Posts
Keep in mind that every function of Honda Sensing can either not be used or turned off. You will, however, have an amber CMBS light on if you turn that function off. For 2019, it stays off when you turn it off. For 2020, it will probably default back to "on" each time the engine in started like it does in some other Honda models.

You may be aware that there's a $1,500 "hidden" rebate right now, so dealer cost will be invoice less holdback (2% of MSRP before destination) less $1,500. It sounds like your deal is reasonable.

Look it over good for signs of damage when they performed the fuel pump recall - rear seats, armrests, headrests, and seat belts operate properly; no cuts/rips/tears; no paint scratches or body dents around the rear door openings.

The tailgate lock is a straightforward install - I added one even though I have no use for it. The heated steering wheel is a must-have!

·
Registered
107 Posts
2020 Ridgelines coming with the 9 spd tranny, and ADAS standard, well I've been agonizing for months over this. Honda fixed my only issue with the truck in 2019 with giving the RTL AWD the moonroof and rear sliding glass. That was my gripe in 2017 when the truck came out. Well I think I'm about to trade my performance car for the Ridgeline tonight or tomorrow. Just think it's time. I don't want the computer assisted driving stuff on the truck as I like to swap headunits out over time. I've already checked and I can put a Pioneer wireless carplay unit in the Ridgeline as soon as I get it. Very hard to get rid of a manual transmission awd turbocharged car for the truck but I love the truck and want to buy a waverunner over the winter so think it's time. Only issue with the truck I'm buying is it has been on the lot for a year unsold. 250 Miles on the ODO, but they are selling the RTL AWD for 1k under invoice and waiving destination fees so I think it's time. Been a tough few months of internal debate once the 2020 leaks came out. I'm thinking of adding the rear tail gate lock, heated steering wheel for the only options.
I'm considering pulling the trigger on an RTL AWD when they get a blue one in (my wife loves it), depending in part on trade value of my G1. I checked through TrueCar and a couple dealers offered 34 something, but the closest dealer actually quoted me a 31.9 "internet price". May I ask how much "1k under invoice" would be?

Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re-read your post and realized you're aiming for a 2020. Still interested in the price, if that's not too nosy of me.

Thanks

·
Banned
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep in mind that every function of Honda Sensing can either not be used or turned off. You will, however, have an amber CMBS light on if you turn that function off. For 2019, it stays off when you turn it off. For 2020, it will probably default back to "on" each time the engine in started like it does in some other Honda models.
Don't want it rog. I want the ability to rip out the OEM headunit, speakers, etc. Can't do that on a T, E, or BE. You're stuck with the OEM headunit if the truck has the nannies. I have no interest in them. I will be mounting a PIoneer wireless carplay unit, amp, new speakers and sub, soon after purchase. I can't do that with the safety nanny equipped trims. It's not a daily driver for me so I will own the truck for many years. I want the ability to upgrade the headunit as time goes on. That nixes out the T, E, and BE. I can do much better in the aftermarket given the cost delta. I'll spend less and have a way better audio system, and wireless carplay.

You may be aware that there's a $1,500 "hidden" rebate right now, so dealer cost will be invoice less holdback (2% of MSRP before destination) less $1,500. It sounds like your deal is reasonable.
I know holdback, it's always there, but didn't know about the additional $1,500 hidden rebate. Thank you for that. I have leveraged them hard with my trade. I'm getting private party value for it and I'm losing very little. It's a good deal. They are selling the accessories I want for cost + labor.

Look it over good for signs of damage when they performed the fuel pump recall - rear seats, armrests, headrests, and seat belts operate properly; no cuts/rips/tears; no paint scratches or body dents around the rear door openings.

The tailgate lock is a straightforward install - I added one even though I have no use for it. The heated steering wheel is a must-have!
I will look it over. I already told the SM I don't play so any issues I will walk and not bat an eye. I negotiate 7 figures at work and handle 8 annually so car money is child's play. So simple, just walk. It's taken them 2 months to give me what I want for my car and sell the RL below invoice. Patience always wins.

I'm considering pulling the trigger on an RTL AWD when they get a blue one in (my wife loves it), depending in part on trade value of my G1. I checked through TrueCar and a couple dealers offered 34 something, but the closest dealer actually quoted me a 31.9 "internet price". May I ask how much "1k under invoice" would be?

Thanks
You read it wrong, I'm getting the 2019. The 6spd transmission is proven. Honda got the shift points perfect for this V6/transmission combo. The 9spd is newer and not proven to me with this truck and I have no interest in the redesign. The looks of the truck have never bothered me so the time is now.

Invoice is 34.5k + destination. If they are offering you 31.9k you should jump on it. But don't be surprised if they hit you with destination charge on top of that so $32,750. That would still be a good deal in my opinion. I'd love that deal but I'm getting an excellent deal on my trade so for me it's solid. If I didn't have a trade, I'd be getting a lower price most definitely.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Sounds to me like you've got a well-informed and well-considered plan to fit your particular wants-and-needs @TommyDeVito.

Also seems you, like many of us, gained lots of really useful info from this forum to help with your buying decision.

Congrats!

Looking forward to pics of the new ride and (eventually) posts about your infotainment mods

(y) :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
About $32,000 (plus only tax/title/license) is zero profit on an rtl AWD. I suspect the $31,900 will have some sort of dealer fee tacked onto it to recover some profit, or maybe they are just gambling they can make money on a trade in, on financing for you, and can sell you a warranty, and accessories.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I decided to wait for G3, as g2 is kinda disappointed me last weekend while I was checking it. g1 is still the ROCK!!!

·
Banned
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I decided to wait for G3, as g2 is kinda disappointed me last weekend while I was checking it. g1 is still the ROCK!!!
Buy what’s best for your needs. Saw your post in the other thread, sorry, doesn’t look like an El Camino to me. Looks great. The 6 spd is excellent and I have no use or interest in an image truck that looks “off-road”, nor want computer nannies on my truck (standard on 2020’s), and 9 speed transmissions like to gear hunt. The 6spd in the current Ridgeline paired to the V6 is one of the best I have ever driven. Fantastic combination. Best of luck.

·
Banned
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spoke with my installer on Monday. So wireless carplay headunit will be going in (Pioneer 4500 NEX) with new Alpine speakers all around, kicker sub (mounted in stock location) with 2 amps, one for speakers, one for sub. I've already ordered the wireless charging pad the phone will sit on right below the HVAC controls. Ordered the OEM auto dimming mirror, V1 mount, front door checkers to go into the rear doors, OEM Heated steering wheel, OEM tailgate lock. And the OEM trunk cargo net. Also ordered LED headlights as the halogens are terrible.

Then the alarm. Going Compustar with drone mobile. This will allow me to control the lock/unlock/remote start, alarm activation/deactivation with my phone. No Compustar remote necessary. Just have to have phone with me and the OEM fob. If the alarm is triggered for any reason, I get notified on my phone so as long as the truck is parked in 4G LTE covered area I have remote access to it via the phone. Will also allow to remote start the truck or unlock it from anywhere in the world. As well as full GPS monitoring in case it gets towed.

OEM doesn't support wireless carplay or app/phone based control for the alarm and remote start so lots more possibilities in the aftermarket. Will add additional camera(s) for parking later, and I'm also getting a Peragon tonneau.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Spoke with my installer on Monday. So wireless carplay headunit will be going in (Pioneer 4500 NEX) with new Alpine speakers all around, kicker sub (mounted in stock location) with 2 amps, one for speakers, one for sub. I've already ordered the wireless charging pad the phone will sit on right below the HVAC controls. Ordered the OEM auto dimming mirror, V1 mount, front door checkers to go into the rear doors, OEM Heated steering wheel, OEM tailgate lock. And the OEM trunk cargo net. Also ordered LED headlights as the halogens are terrible.

Then the alarm. Going Compustar with drone mobile. This will allow me to control the lock/unlock/remote start, alarm activation/deactivation with my phone. No Compustar remote necessary. Just have to have phone with me and the OEM fob. If the alarm is triggered for any reason, I get notified on my phone so as long as the truck is parked in 4G LTE covered area I have remote access to it via the phone. Will also allow to remote start the truck or unlock it from anywhere in the world. As well as full GPS monitoring in case it gets towed.

OEM doesn't support wireless carplay or app/phone based control for the alarm and remote start so lots more possibilities in the aftermarket. Will add additional camera(s) for parking later, and I'm also getting a Peragon tonneau.
What about the headlight harness? Are you going with the ones from Hard Top Guy or is there an alternative now?. My understanding is it's not plug and play with the switch to led's.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sweet upgrades you're doing. Please post pictures, if you don't mind.

What wireless charging pad are you going with?

·
Banned
1,277 Posts
What about the headlight harness? Are you going with the ones from Hard Top Guy or is there an alternative now?. My understanding is it's not plug and play with the switch to led's.
xenon depot kit.

Sweet upgrades you're doing. Please post pictures, if you don't mind.

What wireless charging pad are you going with?
Same one in that recent thread. Bought it on Amazon.
Another ROC member has it

I had Carplay in my last vehicle so I'm ready to move on to wireless carplay. I can chime back in later as the charging pad delivers today. I use an iPhone XR.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts