Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Sounds like you're off and running, congrats again!

Just curious as I follow vicariously ….

With the Peragon will you shuttle bikes to the track in the bed or do you use a trailer for that duty?

Will your installer be using the OEM backup cam with the NEX or something else? Just wondering how that relates to the OEM cam 3-view choices and guidelines (I like 'em, maybe you don't, no worries!).

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Mod list is growing.

In 2 weeks I have an appointment for Pioneer wireless carplay installation with Alpine component speakers, kicker sub and amp, Compustar Drone Mobile alarm. Also putting in the OEM auto dimming mirror at the same time and hard mounting my V1 radar detector to it. Really excited to get wireless carplay, and this alarm. The Pioneer head unit has a detachable face, and the alarm is really something. Works from the phone, and will notify me immediately if the alarm is every triggered. It even has navigational tracking if the truck is ever towed away. @CentexG2, historically I've rented a U-haul van for track days. Putting a chock in it. With the Ridgeline and Peragon cover I'll just remove the cover completely for motorcycle toting as it fits foled up, under the rear seat. The NEX I told the installer to put in the switch for the backup cam multiple views. Switch was included when I paid for everything up front last Saturday. I plan on printing RZRpilot's instructions so he knows how to do it.

Waiting for my dealer to get in my heated steering wheel and tailgate lock as the parts and labor were on my loan/financing. Ordered LED lights for the low beams as the stock halogens are terrible. Ordered my Weathertech front/rear/underseat mats today. Homelink mirror and trunk cargo net arrive today. Only thing left to order is my peragon tonneau, and get my detail guy to paint correct the truck and put on the ceramic coating or whatever it's called. I've got to sell something first to cover those costs. I usually do clearbra on the front of my new vehicles but it's getting so expensive to do now. Used to be 2k for full front end, door cups and partial roof. Now that is 3k.
Then in January I'll do the roof rails and get whatever hitch I need for my soon to be waverunner trailer.

Did the door checkers this past weekend. First side took me forever. It was 90 here and high humidity. I did one door and said the hell with this. The other door took 15 minutes but I was drenched in sweat again.

I had test driven the truck a half dozen times prior but after some extending driving it has the hood flutter. After slamming it through some turns extremely impressed with the handling but I do wish we had some sway bars and aftermarket suspension available. The G2 with some sways and some Bilsteins would be quite the competent handling machine. Just need to get rid of the bodyroll some what, and stiffen the suspension up a bit so it's not so bouncy. Brake pedal travel is excessive but that's well documented already. I did manage do some bedding of the brakes/rotors this weekend. Local rode to me rarely traveled. 55 mph, and foot to the floor braking and it does slow down quickly. Just the "feel" is bad.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts