Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've driven (in my Rideline) past 3 other Ridgelines now and after waving and giving the thumbs up at their drivers, all I got in return was a dumb look. I guess I'm uglier than I thought :confused: . Next time you pass a fellow RL, be friendly.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Well, Ruffles, goes to show that to some people, the Ridgeline is 'just' a means of transportation. I've seen lots of RL's and not been acknowledged by the other driver either. But to us, it's more than just a truck! So if you are in Arizona I'll be sure to wave! :D

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I passed a white Ridgeline with Iowa plates on US 71 going toward Joplin Missouri and waved at them - the waved back and pulled along side and looked back at my RL and gave me the thumbs up. Then the passed me and were out of sight in about 10 minutes. They had slowed down to look at a 2006 Acura. I followed the Acura until it got off US 71. I think the new back end looks too much like the Pontiac Bonneville now. But I did like the light emitting diodes rather than light bulbs in the tail lights.

L

·
0 Posts
rogerstruck said:
Don't feel bad, that has happened to me also.
Have had thumbs up and thumbs down. It happens, but not with us. We just need to introduce them to the ROC family. We're here for ya ruffles!!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I've waved at a number of RL's - and ALWAYS been waved back at! But still haven't seen any others PROUDLY displaying the ROC sticker. This will soon change when ROC at the ROCK (and Roll Hall of Fame) takes place in November.

-ridgeln

L

·
0 Posts
ridgeln said:
I've waved at a number of RL's - and ALWAYS been waved back at! But still haven't seen any others PROUDLY displaying the ROC sticker. This will soon change when ROC at the ROCK (and Roll Hall of Fame) takes place in November.

-ridgeln
You got that right my dear fellow Ohioan! :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
It happened to me the other day. A black one like mine slowly coming at me and I'm set to yell or wave or something and the guy looked at me and quickly looked away. I don't get it. A few weeks ago a silver one looked and we both gave thumbs up but most others I have seen do nothing. :confused:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Doesn't matter what you own, harley, landrover, ridgeline, whatever, don't you think it is just a little queer to wave or acknowledge anyone other than who you know just because you own the same vehicle? Even if you want too?

Even still, I would wave back to anyone who waved to me first. it is just polite!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I'll never forget one "Shoe" comic strip - Shoe drives a Packard - the basic gist was: people of like models always wave at each other - Packard Owners wave their tool boxes.

I did learn that Dodge Cummins guys belch black smoke at each other.

Queer? Na. Silly? Probably.

As a departed friend/mentor/teacher of mine always said: It's nice to be nice, all the time. (Thanks, Joe!)

-ridgeln

L

·
0 Posts
ridgeln said:
As a departed friend/mentor/teacher of mine always said: It's nice to be nice, all the time. (Thanks, Joe!)

-ridgeln
Amen!! I'm with you!!!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I almost did a little something different to a lady driving a silver Ridgeline today. This was after I got to stand on my break pedal as she cut my off in a parking lot. The only thing that makes her sins not so bad is the lady driving the SUV that did the same thing right after her. I mean how can you miss a red Ridgeline? I hate when people drive across parking lots instead of along the lanes.

L

·
0 Posts
captmiddy said:
I almost did a little something different to a lady driving a silver Ridgeline today. This was after I got to stand on my break pedal as she cut my off in a parking lot. The only thing that makes her sins not so bad is the lady driving the SUV that did the same thing right after her. I mean how can you miss a red Ridgeline? I hate when people drive across parking lots instead of along the lanes.
ONE of my biggest pet peeves (sp )???
Ask Todd..he'll tell you. AND driving over a cross walk while people are in it or attempting to get in it. AND bad servers at a restaurant.
Ok..I'm done. :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
ladyridge said:
ONE of my biggest pet peeves (sp )???
Ask Todd..he'll tell you. AND driving over a cross walk while people are in it or attempting to get in it. AND bad servers at a restaurant.
Ok..I'm done. :D
ha ha, those all fit on my list too. In fact we went out to eat on Friday at Friendly's which was a big mistake and reminded me why we haven't been there in about 4 years. The service was horrible. I actually considered no tip at all, but at least the food was served as requested so I couldn't do that, but certainly the worse tip I have left for a long time. Normally I might be forgiving if she looked busy but she definitely helped some other customers better than us which just makes me more grumpy.

Anyway, you don't want to come to Massachusetts and drive for long, because I know that you will be frustrated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What happened to the suggestion to use Buckwheat's "Oh-Tay" sign? :confused:

I've had one opportunity to use it so far, but got no response. I've also only placed a "Hey! Nice Truck" flyer just once. Under the wiper of a blue Ridge in the airport parking lot.

L

·
0 Posts
HenryHonda said:
What happened to the suggestion to use Buckwheat's "Oh-Tay" sign? :confused:
Hi Mr. Honda. :p
That's the sign I use but I guess every Ridgeline owner isn't a ROC member. Their loss!! :p

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
There is a town about 45 miles from home where my wife likes to shop. All of the parking lots there are absolutely frightening to drive in. It is pure chaos! A real free-for-all! These drivers are a major pet peeve of mine. When we enter the lots we call out 'Kamikaze at 2 O’clock - closing fast!’ I feel like such a geek traveling in the lanes and, did I mention, using my turn signals. Everyone ignores the lanes, the stop signs and the crosswalks. I am very surprised that there have not been some fatal accidents in their parking lots. I would not be surprised to find out that they had rollovers though. I thought that it was something unique to the area. If you visit Altoona, PA, pay attention and continually scan 360 degrees when you are in any parking lot. In some ways I am relieved that it happens elsewhere. I do not notice the Kamikazes nearly as much at home, however, the parking lots that have gone in recently have been designed by a committee of drunken morons. They look pretty on paper but are very frustrating to navigate. Many defy any sense of logic and are dangerous. When rain or snow makes the lines and lanes invisible it is nearly as bad as our neighboring town of kamikazes. If you visit State College, PA and are in any shopping center parking lot, don't expect it to be laid out logically. Be patient and be careful. These parking lots are another major pet peeve of mine. The drivers in them are not the problem. The borough and township committees that made the developers install them with the insane traffic lanes and islands are the problem. That is one of the down sides of living in a college town. Common sense and logic are sometimes very difficult to find – but that is the subject of another rant for another day!
I do wave to other Ridgelines. Locally there are very few. I also wave to ALL other riders when I am on my bike, not just other Harleys. Again, that is another rant for another day.

·
Registered
114 Posts
lowrider90 said:
Doesn't matter what you own, harley, landrover, ridgeline, whatever, don't you think it is just a little queer to wave or acknowledge anyone other than who you know just because you own the same vehicle? Even if you want too?

Even still, I would wave back to anyone who waved to me first. it is just polite!
I understand what you're saying. I just think that being part of a group that have bought a new and unique vehicle would be excited to see another. Its not like seeing someone else with a Camry or more common vehicle. I have owned mine since March and still have only seen a few let alone come face to face with another driver. Maybe I'll wait for the next one to acknowledge me first.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts