Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I brought my old 1991 Cannondale SM100 Suntour XC Pro ridged frame down to the bike shop to get new handlebars installed. My wrist and elbow are taking a beating and I thought new wider Jones handlebars would be the solution. Normally I would do something like this myself but it required some additional parts since it was going from a 1" threaded fork to a new style 1 1/8" which took several parts that I didn't want to experiment with to get the right combination. Twenty-minute job at the bike shop vs. several days waiting on parts by me.

Anyway, the new Jones H Bars are going to be installed on my new electric bike. It doesn't take much to get me excited anymore.
Trek Super Commuter Plus 8.jpeg

·
Registered
249 Posts
Electric huh? I just recently bought a mongoose bmx bike to ride around with my kid on. If I had an electric bike I'm not sure I'd be getting much exercise at all. Went out for an hour yesterday with the kiddo and got pretty much all the exercise I could handle.

If I had a short commute to work though, I think an electric bike like that would be great. Can you bunny hop it? :)

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Electric huh? If I had an electric bike I'm not sure I'd be getting much exercise at all. Can you bunny hop it? :)
The bike is peddle-assist which means there is no power applied unless you are peddling. Also, there are four levels of assist (zero, eco, sport & turbo) so the rider has control over how much effort is needed. I couldn't bunny hop my 18 pound Cannondale so I'm confident there will be no bunny hopping with this 48-pound electric. I'll be 70 on my next birthday and bunny hopping was not a thing when I learned to ride.

N.A.R.B.
😷
I'm tech speak challenged. Google had way too many options (562,000) so please interpret for me.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,165 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The bike is peddle-assist which means there is no power applied unless you are peddling. Also, there are four levels of assist (zero, eco, sport & turbo) so the rider has control over how much effort is needed. I couldn't bunny hop my 18 pound Cannondale so I'm confident there will be no bunny hopping with this 48-pound electric. I'll be 70 on my next birthday and bunny hopping was not a thing when I learned to ride.

I'm tech speak challenged. Google had way too many options (562,000) so please interpret for me.
You had me at "assist"!

·
Premium Member
3,984 Posts
I wouldn't mind trying something like this:

My commute to work is 5 miles, with a max speed of 50mph, perfect for electric...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts