Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Nav unit in my FX35 and it has a function that will tell me what street is just ahead, what street I just passed and what street I am on. This is a great feature when you are looking for a particular street a night. I have a Garmin Nav unit I use on my motorcycle, and it also has this feature. It sure would be nice if the nav systems in our Ridgelines had this feature.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Humm, my OEM Nav does one of those three. It does show the name of the street you are on...at the bottom, center of the display. I like this feature as it tries to display the "locally known as" name. For example, in my area it will display "Alpharetta Hwy" instead of "Ga Hwy 9"

L

·
0 Posts
The map will show you what is current for 4 years ago :rolleyes:
depending on how far you zoom in or out.
It's a great feature especially for roads that are unmarked for some reason. Ivan doesn't "speak" the roads but they are visible on the map. :p

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
ladyridge said:
. Ivan doesn't "speak" the roads but they are visible on the map. :p
I'm not sure what Mode your are in when you mention Ivan dosen't "speak" the road names.

But if you are in a Destination Mode, Ivan will "speak" the name of the next road/street you should be turning on.

In first "Setup" screen set "Guidance Prompts' to "Max"

Not sure if this is what you are refering to.

Joe.

L

·
0 Posts
joedotcom said:
I'm not sure what Mode your are in when you mention Ivan dosen't "speak" the road names.

But if you are in a Destination Mode, Ivan will "speak" the name of the next road/street you should be turning on.

In first "Setup" screen set "Guidance Prompts' to "Max"

Not sure if this is what you are refering to.

Joe.
I meant he doesn't speak the roads even if you are not turning on them. Sorry for not making myself clear there. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts