Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the bike is on its way to the race shop for some motor work, computer work, Air/fuel ratio work. i stopped for a coffee while taking the trip to the shop and 2 blondes in the store came up to me. LOL i love this truck but its even sexier with the bike :) HMMMMMM who should i call first???

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
sweet, this is the first picture i've seen of a sportbike in the back of the RL.. looks nice. just wondering, how hard is it to wheel that bad boy up the ramp?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
danimal said:
sweet, this is the first picture i've seen of a sportbike in the back of the RL.. looks nice. just wondering, how hard is it to wheel that bad boy up the ramp?

It wasnt to bad. i used 4 ratchet straps, 2 8x12 ramps that fold to 4 feet and have a arche in the center to avoid bottoming out (ramps did fit it the rear pass. doors with the seats folded up) I set the first ramp in the center on the tailgate and used 2 straps to strap the ramp so there was no chance the ramp would slide off the gate (use the rear tie downs). then took the second ramp and lined it up along the left side of the tailgate. started the bike, then lined it up and let the bike drive itself up the ramp while i walked along the ramp to the left as long as u know how the feather the brake, clutch, and throttle ALL at the same time it should be easy. once i got the bike in the bed i put a small piece of rug under the kick stand to avoid damage to the bed (put the rug in the bed before running the bike up the ramp). then used the 4 lowest of the 6 tie downs to lock the bike in. once u get the bike balanced put the kick stand up and take the rug out from under the kick stand and put in front of the front tire so the front bed wall doesnt get damage from rubbing while driving ( the bike will want to move to the front of the bed when u torque the straps because of the angle of the strap tie downs even when the bike is in gear. bike shoud be in gear. simple. NOTE. the bike fit perfect it did not hang off the back of the gate, the kick stand wasnt on the trunk lid and the middle ridge in the truck bed was perfect for wheels to sit in, and it had a full tank of fuel so the weight was just over 400 lbs+ me 195lbs and the rear wheel sat toward the front half of the gate were it is the strongest. the tailgate held up fine with the bike on it, me on it and the bike and me on it at the same time. drove the rl 60miles to the race shop doing about 70 to80 mph. it handle fine and got a lot of eyes going down the highway. hope this helps all u bike people out. the only bad part about the whole thing is that i got to many vehicles and vistors in my drive way so every car and truck had to move. by the way anyone need a 1990 ford Bronco???? need to get rid of it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hmmm,

i thought only Harlys and golden retrievers rode in the back of a pick up truck.

I also own a BMW K100

·
Registered
50 Posts
honda says u can fit 3 dirtbikes in the RL (2 facing forward, one backwards)

anyone know if u can fit 2 sportbikes in there? (1 facing forward, one backwards or better yet, 2 facing forward)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ridgerider06 said:
the bike is on its way to the race shop for some motor work, computer work, Air/fuel ratio work. i stopped for a coffee while taking the trip to the shop and 2 blondes in the store came up to me. LOL i love this truck but its even sexier with the bike :) HMMMMMM who should i call first???
I think your pictures are off-topic. Shouldn't they be of the two blondes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
WoW what a dream....exactly what I want a black Ridgeline with a black bike sitting on the back......you really can't ask for anything else i mean the females come with the setup so you really don't need anything else. Much Props on the pic and glad to see a bike will fit on the back easily. Nice truck and nice bike.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dtpcaraudio said:
WoW what a dream....exactly what I want a black Ridgeline with a black bike sitting on the back......you really can't ask for anything else i mean the females come with the setup so you really don't need anything else. Much Props on the pic and glad to see a bike will fit on the back easily. Nice truck and nice bike.

thanks... ur right u cant ask for anything more

1 - 11 of 11 Posts