Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
You can't do it yourself, because it's scam control. Just think if you wanted to come here and do damage. Register, post your junk, then change your screen name. Repeat. There would be no practical way to stop you.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who's TMAC, LadyRidge? I'm new here.
Shovelhd, seems to me, assuming I was a Junk and Run Poster, I would be tracked down because of the need to submit a valid E-Mail address. No big deal, I was just wondering if it was possible. Nice to meet you folks.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Do you know how easy it is to get a free email account?

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shovelhd, I think you're taking me someplace I don't want to go. As you know, there is more than one way to skin a cat. If someone wants to do something stupid, he'll find a way. Let's put this one to bed.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Welcome aboard jsant01. You can send a private message to T Mac with your request. It is something that is not commonly done for many reasons but that is between you and T Mac. When I first joined the ROC I just entered the first thing that popped into my head. I never thought far ahead enough to consider that Ultra-HOG may not have been the wisest choice. I also thought about changing it at one time but later determined that a screen name really doesn't matter much to anyone. The content of your posts is what matters most.
Once again,even though I missed your first 8 posts (I am so far behind, I may never get caught up), welcome.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Ultra-Hog, don't change your screen name. I like it. :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
jsant01 said:
Shovelhd, I think you're taking me someplace I don't want to go. As you know, there is more than one way to skin a cat. If someone wants to do something stupid, he'll find a way. Let's put this one to bed.
Welcome jsant01 to ROC... How true it is some will try and see what you're made of, I think you'll fit in fine...:) :eek:
Shovelhd you do drive a Blue RL! Buddy, Pal...:D Thanks for backing off.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I was in no way accusing the OP of wanting to trash the site. No way. If it was taken that way by anyone, I apologize. I was just trying to show anyone that's interested why users are not allowed to change their screen names on a public forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts