Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a new HU. Everything works fine, only problem is the radio. The stations or signal has a lot of interference. I can here the music, but there's too much static.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my wiring or connections. On the stock radio, the signal was perfect, so I'm going to eliminate the antennas as the problem.

Also, there are no other electronic devices hooked up to the car such as chargers, gps, etc. So that can't be the problem.

The only thing left I can think of is my connections and wiring. I double checked to see if all the connections were secure and tight, which they were. I did notice my ground wire connection was exposed just a little bit. Could that be it?

Help me trouble shoot this please. I would hate to redo all the wiring.

Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After some research, it looks like it could be a grounding issue. I have 2 other connections spliced on the same black grounding wire. I will try rewire this, hopefully it will help. If not I may have to buy a noise filter.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
After some research, it looks like it could be a grounding issue. I have 2 other connections spliced on the same black grounding wire. I will try rewire this, hopefully it will help. If not I may have to buy a noise filter.
Probably will be a good fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts