Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one annoying thing about my 2021 RTLE is the Idle stop function. I thought I'd remember to push the button but, nope.
Today I received the "Idlestopper" and installed it in 15 minutes. Worked the first time just like it's supposed to.
If the idle stop bugs you, get an idlestopper.

Idlestopper.com. I think

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
172 Posts
So what exactly does it do? I understand it activates the idle stop feature, but does the dash light still come on? If the dash light doesn't come on, how much are these things?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The module turns off the idle stop function every time you start the truck. You can push the button if you want the idle stop to be on. The dash light is still on when idle stop is off. $80

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
81 Posts
Someone needs to make a similar device that turns on the RTL-E/BE's AC outlet instead of "pushing" the AUTO IDLE STOP OFF button. I much prefer a green "150W" light down low on the dash over a bright amber warning light in the instrument cluster. :)
I agree. I’m so used to pushing the 150W button now on start up, I reached for it in my wife’s car the other day.

·
Administrator
18,254 Posts
I don't have any complaints about the idle stop feature in the first 24 hours and 200 miles. It's one of the smoothest implementations I've encountered short of a hybrid which uses a motor/generator to start the engine as opposite to a conventional starter with a Bendix drive. I trust that the system was designed to last a long time, but longevity isn't a concern with me due to my trade frequency.

·
Registered
2020 RTL
41 Posts
$80 is pretty steep for the device. If you are handy with wiring you can make your own for ~$20 and a pair of time delay relays off Amazon. Now to figure out how to dim/remove the dash indicator...

·
Registered
602 Posts
A piece of black tape strategically placed might work to obscure the indicator. I don't have that feature so I'm not sure how well it would work, but I've tried on another vehicle and it was fine. I did end up getting used to the tpms light on my old truck to the point where I was able to ignore it, so maybe if you live with it long enough it won't bother you any more.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL
3 Posts
Two days driving the truck 135 miles and I'm used to the idle stop feature. It's actually lessening my mashing the brakes while slowing down and stopping. I start slowing down a lot sooner for a stop and only hold the brake pedal half way down at stop; the engine will not shut off. You will get a dash message that says something like: fully depress the brake pedal to engage idle stop.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Someone needs to make a similar device that turns on the RTL-E/BE's AC outlet instead of "pushing" the AUTO IDLE STOP OFF button. I much prefer a green "150W" light down low on the dash over a bright amber warning light in the instrument cluster. :)
Great idea! If I get a 2021, I will go with your idea. It should be easier to work behind the outlet switch than in the console.

·
Registered
492 Posts
A piece of black tape strategically placed might work to obscure the indicator. I don't have that feature so I'm not sure how well it would work, but I've tried on another vehicle and it was fine. I did end up getting used to the tpms light on my old truck to the point where I was able to ignore it, so maybe if you live with it long enough it won't bother you any more.
I was actually thinking of a little circle cutout of window tint to at least dim it way down...
They actually make tinted stickers for this purpose, or for bright clocks or DVR lights, etc. Don't remember exactly what they called it by I bought a little sheet, maybe 4 x 6", for a few bucks and I can pull off tinted stickers in various shapes and sizes and put one or two layers over lights that I want to dim.

·
Registered
2020 RTL
41 Posts
They actually make tinted stickers for this purpose, or for bright clocks or DVR lights, etc.
Yep...I bought a sheet of precut shapes off Amazon and it worked perfectly to dim the light while being hardly noticeable.

·
Administrator
18,254 Posts
They actually make tinted stickers for this purpose, or for bright clocks or DVR lights, etc. Don't remember exactly what they called it by I bought a little sheet, maybe 4 x 6", for a few bucks and I can pull off tinted stickers in various shapes and sizes and put one or two layers over lights that I want to dim.
Scroll up and look at post #13.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts