Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if the wife doesn't completely lose her mind, I'm going to be looking into finally getting a Ridgeline. My current ride's engine is just not good and it only has 10,000 miles, and the dealer thinks it's fine, I'm tired, and just not going to play their game. I like the RTL-T but is it really worth the extra $2000+ dollars over the RTL? I really would like to have the LED running lights, and the better head unit, but... I know I could upgrade the headunit/stereo, but what about the lights? Thanks !

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I upgraded all my headlights to LED. The daytime running lights are your high beams also, so those were upgraded. $119. Same for the low beams. $119. I also did the fog lights, $170. You can get all of them from xenon depot.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well if the wife doesn't completely lose her mind, I'm going to be looking into finally getting a Ridgeline. My current ride's engine is just not good and it only has 10,000 miles, and the dealer thinks it's fine, I'm tired, and just not going to play their game. I like the RTL-T but is it really worth the extra $2000+ dollars over the RTL? I really would like to have the LED running lights, and the better head unit, but... I know I could upgrade the headunit/stereo, but what about the lights? Thanks !
Just purchased the RTL AWD (2 weeks ago), taking advantage of the excellent model year end pricing - under 32k + sales tax, no fees. The RTL is the right value point for me...especially considering that a fair # of upper-trim owners aren't thrilled with the infotainment. Up to you though, obviously.

May I ask what vehicle has you that irritated at only 10k miles?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same here. I couldn't justify spending the extra money on the T trim. Basically, if I'm not listening to a radio station, then I'm using my phone as an audio source, and I'd rather do that via Bluetooth or USB than Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. Was a little miffed that there are no LED's on the RTL trim, but as pointed out, it's cheaper to upgrade than pay the difference in trim level. Haven't looked back yet, but it's only been a week!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Same here. I couldn't justify spending the extra money on the T trim. Basically, if I'm not listening to a radio station, then I'm using my phone as an audio source, and I'd rather do that via Bluetooth or USB than Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. Was a little miffed that there are no LED's on the RTL trim, but as pointed out, it's cheaper to upgrade than pay the difference in trim level. Haven't looked back yet, but it's only been a week!
Do you use the phone/Bluetooth for Sirius/XM? Thought about it, but am concerned about running up the data use on my cell phone.

Just got an RTL AWD 2 weeks ago - love it so far. What color did you get?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you use the phone/Bluetooth for Sirius/XM? Thought about it, but am concerned about running up the data use on my cell phone.

Just got an RTL AWD 2 weeks ago - love it so far. What color did you get?
Nah, never been a big satellite radio fan. We have a Spotify family account that I use all the time and am on wifi enough that data usage has never been a problem.

Got the same color as my G1, silver with black interior, only I upgraded to the RTL from an RTS, but had a different vehicle in between for a three year lease. Being back on this site, I feel like Costanza on Seinfeld, "I'm back, baby, I'm back!!"

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just purchased the RTL AWD (2 weeks ago), taking advantage of the excellent model year end pricing - under 32k + sales tax, no fees. The RTL is the right value point for me...especially considering that a fair # of upper-trim owners aren't thrilled with the infotainment. Up to you though, obviously.

May I ask what vehicle has you that irritated at only 10k miles?
2018 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4.0 V6

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wife is not happy about any of this, so I'm not sure what is going to happen. I can't help what my truck is doing, but I don't want to keep a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Wife is not happy about any of this, so I'm not sure what is going to happen. I can't help what my truck is doing, but I don't want to keep a problem.
Hmm, I had the same problem with my wife of 43 years when she gave me an ultimatum: "New pickup truck or me, you choose". It seemed like an unfair and difficult choice at the time but now I realize she was doing me a favor.

·
Registered
634 Posts
:LOL: On the way by I just pulled in to the dealer one morning just to check out what a Ridgeline was, it was Justina who ultimately said that we would bring Saffie home an hour or so later, while I sat there with my mouth agape! :ROFLMAO:

Bill

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
My only complaint is the headlights. They’re ok most of the time but on newer tarmac they make you wonder if they’re even turned on

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hmm, I had the same problem with my wife of 43 years when she gave me an ultimatum: "New pickup truck or me, you choose". It seemed like an unfair and difficult choice at the time but now I realize she was doing me a favor.
So how do you like the new pickup? 😊😊

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought an RTL last Jan.. I wanted the RTL-T but decided not to spend the extra $$.. For me, a bad decision.. I regretted it the next week, but too late then.. It is more then just the radio and LED DRL's.. There are many settings that are only available with the 8" radio.. Since Honda has .09 financing this month I would trade it for an RTL-T, if only any of the local dealers had one in a color I liked..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds like your wife might be a polar opposite of mine. I had been searching for a truck for some time. We had just gotten back from a trip using the 4Runner that I had not fell in love with from the day we bought....neither was she after we brought it home and drove it. I was in the garage doing the cleaning and maintenance that I usually do when we return from any trip, thinking I might as well have this thing ready for the winter and the snow, when out of the blue she asks about trading it for a Ridgeline. I had watched the local dealers lot for what had for months. Hoping I could trade. I informed her that the dealer had one similar to what I would spec out (RTL-T). She said let’s see what they would give us for trade on the 4Runner. I was shocked to say the least.😳 Within one day the deal was done and I brought home a 2018 Ridgeline....with her approval(I don’t do anything without approval from the CFO at my house). I am also making the payments on said vehicle. I had lurked here for months soaking as much knowledge from anyone and everyone that had posted here(a lot of knowledgeable people on here, far more knowledgeable than myself). That was after doing a test drive months and months before.
I wonder, has she ridden or even driven a Ridgeline? Would she enjoy the benefits (nice comfortable ride, seating for 5, not to mention having a trunk, etc. )of having the Ridgeline versus the Nissan? She might actually enjoy the ride and the vehicle more. Just a thought.
Hope she comes around and you you get your Christmas wish and have a Ridgeline in your future.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone I appreciate the replies. Sadly the RTL-T's are drying up around me. Two I had my eyes are gone. If anything will be able to happen it looks like it's going to have to be a RTL, which I don't mind that much. Getting time off work is the biggest problem.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Hillbilly Ridge, I was perfectly happy with my 2012 Ridgeline RTL when my wife and I went to Honda dealer to have airbag recall done on my truck. Service tech grabs a salesman and shows him how clean and low milage my Ridgeline is. The Salesman introduces himself to me and returns to hand me a packet with new Ridgeline brochure and a strong trade in offer toward the Ridgeline RTL-E I was looking at in the show room. We thank the salesman for the offer and discuss the offer on the way home and stuff the packet in a drawer and forget about it.

Over a year later we have wife's Accord at the dealership and salesman makes another offer on my Ridgeline (which he hasn't seen in over a year), but this time the dealership's offer is $4k less in trade, but are discounting new Ridgeline over $4k from sticker. He puts together a proposed deal and we take it home to think about. After a few weeks we decide to test drive a new Ridgeline and 10-minutes down the road my wife and I are very impressed with the ride quality and how much quieter it rides than the old Ridgeline and we haggle a bit and buy a new Ridgeline. They only had a couple of RTL-Es on the lot and not the color combo I wanted, so we had to wait a week or so, but I have exactly the truck I wanted with no regrets.

Couple of tips:

Take a vacation day when the weather is nice and take the wife out for lunch and a test drive, it just might win her over.

Decide what color/trim you want and don't compromise, you'll be driving this Ridgeline for many years to come.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts