Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I can't promise it will work on your wife, but a buddy of mine barters with his wife whenever he wants a new car.

So far he's used a trip to Hawaii, a bathroom remod, and a new deck. 🤣

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hillbilly Ridge, I was perfectly happy with my 2012 Ridgeline RTL when my wife and I went to Honda dealer to have airbag recall done on my truck. Service tech grabs a salesman and shows him how clean and low milage my Ridgeline is. The Salesman introduces himself to me and returns to hand me a packet with new Ridgeline brochure and a strong trade in offer toward the Ridgeline RTL-E I was looking at in the show room. We thank the salesman for the offer and discuss the offer on the way home and stuff the packet in a drawer and forget about it.

Over a year later we have wife's Accord at the dealership and salesman makes another offer on my Ridgeline (which he hasn't seen in over a year), but this time the dealership's offer is $4k less in trade, but are discounting new Ridgeline over $4k from sticker. He puts together a proposed deal and we take it home to think about. After a few weeks we decide to test drive a new Ridgeline and 10-minutes down the road my wife and I are very impressed with the ride quality and how much quieter it rides than the old Ridgeline and we haggle a bit and buy a new Ridgeline. They only had a couple of RTL-Es on the lot and not the color combo I wanted, so we had to wait a week or so, but I have exactly the truck I wanted with no regrets.

Couple of tips:

Take a vacation day when the weather is nice and take the wife out for lunch and a test drive, it just might win her over.

Decide what color/trim you want and don't compromise, you'll be driving this Ridgeline for many years to come.
My wife didn’t like driving my 2007 - said it felt too big; I think due to the boxy front end - but on the test drive said “I’d drive this one.”. Also she saw another Honda model on the lot in obsidian blue and really liked that, and so did I - you’re right, that’s important when you keep vehicles a long time like we tend to.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Ok guys what say you on this $32,000 plus Tax, Title and license for a fresh on the lot 2019 RTL AWD, and I'm pretty sure they will payoff my trade. I guess what I really wanted to know is $32,000 plus Tax $1,920, Title and license, shouldn't be too much, for a 2019 Stock RTL AWD a decent price? Trade not withstanding, one must get the lowest price on the vehicle first, then talk about the trade. Hoping to go Friday or Saturday.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I suggest you get as the -T or -E models. You will probably have the truck for 5 to 10 years. You should enjoy it, like it, want to drive it....
I bought my RTL-E Jan-2019, paid $38,600. My loves it, I love the quiet, smooth ride, the interior, and I like it in black.
My Civic is boring but good on gas and good for shopping.
My Corvette is for fun.
My Ridgeline is for relaxing and enjoyment.
GO for the -T or -E, you will be happy you did. Also it will be worth more down the road for trade-in.
Take your wife for a test drive, let her drive it.
Good luck and best wishes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I suggest you get as the -T or -E models. You will probably have the truck for 5 to 10 years. You should enjoy it, like it, want to drive it....
I bought my RTL-E Jan-2019, paid $38,600. My loves it, I love the quiet, smooth ride, the interior, and I like it in black.
My Civic is boring but good on gas and good for shopping.
My Corvette is for fun.
My Ridgeline is for relaxing and enjoyment.
GO for the -T or -E, you will be happy you did. Also it will be worth more down the road for trade-in.
Take your wife for a test drive, let her drive it.
Good luck and best wishes.
Thanks I appreciate it. If I could get a T for $33ish I'd try to do it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts