Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

If the Ridgeline didn't exist, what would be your second choice for a pick-up truck?

• Ford F-150

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Ford Sport track

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • GM Full size (Silverado etc.)

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • GM Mid size (Colorado etc.)

• Dodge Ram

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Dodge Dakota

• Toyota Tundra

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Toyota Tacoma

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • Nissan Titan

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Nissan Frontier

Votes: 8 9.3%

If the Ridgeline didn't exist, what brand of truck (or car/suv) would you own?

4K views 33 replies 32 participants last post by  Cajun Country Ridgeline 
#1 · (Edited)
If the Ridgeline didn't exist, what would be your second choice for a Pick-up truck?

Just curious who Honda is taking the most sales from with this amazing beast!:D

#2 ·
I'd still be driving my beloved ex-2002 Acura MDX. I still miss it, regardless of how happy I am with my Ridgeline.

#4 ·
I suspect that as Honda predicted, many Ridgeline buyers will be leaving other Honda products. I left Toyota, because the new Tacoma didn't offer half the bells and whistles of the Ridgeline. The Titan has all the bells and whistles, but it's too damm big.

I think Toyota will be the bigger loser here.

If it weren't for wanting / needing a truck bed, I would JUMP on a Civic EX coupe w/navi! They are saaaweeeet!

fins

I considered the MDX....but wanted an open bed.

#5 ·
Re: If the Ridgeline didn't exist, what would be your second choice for a Pick-up truck?

fins2theright said:
Just curious who Honda is taking the most sales from with this amazing beast!:D
I was saving $$ to purchase a range rover sport. Honda took 30K away from my goal of 60K. I figured in a couple of years I would get another ridgeline with the rest. 2 4 1

#8 ·
I had a Hummer H3 on order & cancelled for the RL. Saw an H3 review where the guy had to unload his trailer before he could drive up his driveway! No regrets with the RL... Its the 1st vehicle I ever had more 6 months straight, without wanting something else. At this point I've no desire to even consider buying another vehicle short of theft or bad accident & then I would buy another RL.
You could ask the guys at work, but for me to keep a vehicle more than 6 months is a feat...

#9 ·
I know you can't list them all but I would have gone with a Honda Pilot. I'm getting one for the wife and my company was going to get me one but I asked for the Ridgeline. I probably will get them both next week.

RidgeInTheVille

#12 ·
I would still be driving my '99 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab and waiting for something like the Ridgeline to come on the scene.

#14 ·
Well, none of the above...
Hubby would have probably gone with the brand new Rallye Red Honda Element (with 4WD) or the Nissan Murano also 4WD-his 93' Prelude broke an oil seal at 200,002 miles.
He does kitchen remodeling (so doesn't need a ton o' tools), but the sawdust from the saws was a REAL issue in my Nissan Maxima he drove. He'd put the saws in the back seat, roll down the windows, and sawdust would pour all over the carpet, upholstery, his clothing, hair, etc. I have two Nissan Maximas (my original 1989 SE has 180,000 and still going), and got a 2002 SE 2 years ago off Craigslist. He loves driving that thing because it is so fast--and the old one NEVER broke down. He was ready to switch nameplates due to my success, but really liked his Honda.

#16 ·
Sorry, cant vote either. Honda Pilot is not one of the choices. After several weeks of research on the Pilot, I was on my way in the door of my Honda dealer to sign the paperwork to buy a Pilot when cuirosity got the best of me and I stopped for a quick peek at the new Honda truck parked outside. Honda had done such an outstanding:rolleyes: job of introducing the Ridgeline that I didn't even know that it existed until then, much less anything about it. Waited six weeks for it to be built... You know the rest of the story.

#18 ·
If leather, a slightly more comfortable ride, and a sunroof were Tacoma options, one of those would be in my garage. Especially since the nearest Honda dealer is 30 miles away. Almost bought a 4Runner, but I really wanted my first truck.

Glad Honda built this truck. So far, it seems to get more attention than my Corvette! Go figure...

#22 ·
We'd still be driving our Trooper. We weren't even talking about buying a vehicle, let alone a brand new one.

There's no truck currently on the market that could win us over. Had our Trooper died we would have gotten another SUV. We want our dogs with us, not in some truck bed under a shell. That's no fun and too cold for my babies.

The trucks with large cabs are either hideously large and take up two parking spots or the backseat is way too small for our two dogs, let alone people.

#23 ·
I was all set to put money down on an '06 Nissan Frontier when the Nissan dealers (fortunately for me) started playing games. Luckily I had been talking to a Honda dealer who offered me a great price on my RTL. So I jumped on it and never looked back. Their loss.

At the beginning of my search the RL was just too expensive. It wound up being more truck for less money in the end though.

#24 ·
Funny that you asked! My choices are not listed! I was going to get a hybrid vehicle until I saw the Ridgeline! I wanted a SUV hybrid if they made one and was going to wait until they did! Once I almost crushed looking at the Rideline, I had to have it!

#26 ·
Toobuku said:
Funny that you asked! My choices are not listed! I was going to get a hybrid vehicle until I saw the Ridgeline! I wanted a SUV hybrid if they made one and was going to wait until they did! Once I almost crushed looking at the Rideline, I had to have it!
This sounds like my pattern a little. I started by looking at the Escape Hybrid and then the Toyota Highlander Hybrid. I even looked at the Lexus which while I probably could have afforded it, would have meant eating rice and water for the next 6 years, and probably turning off the electricity at least one week a month ;). When I determined that the utility in an SUV wasn't going to do it for me, I started looking at trucks. I am still very high on the Ridgeline Hybrid they have mentioned, and the day it comes out I will be picking mine up, even if I have to eat rice and live without electricity ;).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.