Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1948 Posts
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So many of us here at the ROC like to welcome newbies and sometimes our newbies jump right in to threads with questions, concerns or opinions and miss out on a proper welcome. Although what you have to contribute is very important to all of us and the success of this site, let us say hi and welcome you first. If you are new to the club, whether you have a Ridgeline, thinking of buying and are here to see what we have to say or in the almost there stage, please post here so we can say welcome in grand ROC style.


One of the many things I love about this club is the fact that you can't help but feel welcomed and cared about whether it has to do with your Honda Ridgeline or a personal matter.

Please follow this link to the next ROC meet where you have the chance to meet up with some of the people you share a common interest in. The Ridgeline!!
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2663

Welcome and thanks for coming.

LadyRidge :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,391 Posts
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

LadyRidge, I like this idea. It will make it easier to see when new members come on board.

Things I'd like to hear from the new posters:

How did you find the ROC?

Are you researching the Ridgeline or have you already decided to buy/bought one?

Any other info you'd like to share in an effort to introduce yourself.

Enjoy, you will find answers to your Ridgeline questions and amazingly interesting and talented people here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,611 Posts
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

Bingo! Great idea! This may be another place for a welcome note from T Mac and Zero as a sticky at the top of the thread. A note to encourage people, including existing members, to use the search function, browse the main page, and read through the FAQ will help everyone. A mention and a reference to how to post pictures, the maximum size and suggestions about how to re-size pictures will also help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

Just became a member a few days ago. I was researching for a bed cover on google and came across the Retrax cover. I gave them a call said I was interested in purchasing one. They had asked me if I was a member of ROC and I had no idea what it was. Ever since he told me about the site haven't been able to get off. I love my ridgeline, I can't get enough of it. I have posted one thread already and with in a day received an answer. It's great to have people that are dealing with the same problems that I have.

'06 Nighthawk Black RTL with Moonroof, rear mud guards, XM
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

Rocky512 said:
Just became a member a few days ago. I was researching for a bed cover on google and came across the Retrax cover. I gave them a call said I was interested in purchasing one. They had asked me if I was a member of ROC and I had no idea what it was. Ever since he told me about the site haven't been able to get off. I love my ridgeline, I can't get enough of it. I have posted one thread already and with in a day received an answer. It's great to have people that are dealing with the same problems that I have.

'06 Nighthawk Black RTL with Moonroof, rear mud guards, XM
Hey Rocky..welcome to the ROC family. We're glad you're here.
Smart company giving you this website.
"All you ever needed to know about the Ridgeline and didn't know who to ask" is right here.
Congrats!! Enjoy the ride.
:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

HELLO... As of 10/7/25 I am a new Ridgeline owner... I traded my 04 Element for a Steel Blue Metallic RTL S/R...

Loved the Element but REALLY love the Ridge...

I do a lot of dirt biking and tow a two bike trailer...I am looking forward to have more power in the mountains here in Colorado...

I am also looking forward to being a part of this forum...

Oh yeah, first tank of gas and I got 21 MPG!
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

bvondane said:
HELLO... As of 10/7/25 I am a new Ridgeline owner... I traded my 04 Element for a Steel Blue Metallic RTL S/R...

Loved the Element but REALLY love the Ridge...

I do a lot of dirt biking and tow a two bike trailer...I am looking forward to have more power in the mountains here in Colorado...

I am also looking forward to being a part of this forum...

Oh yeah, first tank of gas and I got 21 MPG!
Welcome to the ROC family bvondane. ( Can I call you dane for short?)
Congratulations on your new ride. We're glad you're here.

You'll find bikers of all sorts here. Search the forums and maybe you'll hook up with a few.

Nice job on the gas mileage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

>How did you find the ROC?

It probably came up in a Google search as I was researching the Ridgeline. I found this site to be quite helpful in that regard, kudos to T Mac and my thanks to all contributors. :)

>Are you researching the Ridgeline or have you already decided to buy/bought one?

I bought one last week, and should have it soon if all goes well. RTL, blue metallic, fog lights, rear mud guards (strange that the front ones are standard but the rear ones are an add-on). I already have an after-market GPS navi (TomTom GO) and I'll probably add a Retrax bed cover. I'm trading in a 96 Explorer which, of the 10 cars I've owned so far (7 of which were Toyotas), has been the best by far and is still in great shape even after 160K tough New York miles. If the Ridgeline does as well, I will be very pleased with it.

It will be interesting to go from the ubiquitous Explorer to a Ridgeline, a vehicle I've yet to see on the road excluding the 2 I test drove. (Speaking of obscure vehicles, I still remember my parents' 1950's-era Hillman Minx and Citroen ID19. The only badging the ID19 had was the chevron logo and was so rare at the time that cops issuing parking tickets used to write "?" for "vehicle make/model"! :D ) In fact, up until about a month ago I never even heard of the Ridgeline! (I understand it was advertised on the Superbowl and I'm possibly the only American male who has completely lost interest in watching it.) I was planning to get another Explorer when I just happened to see a TV ad for it, and was intrigued.

>Any other info you'd like to share in an effort to introduce yourself.

I live about 10 miles north of where W's predecessor has a house (although I doubt he spends much time there :rolleyes: ), and for the past 27 years have been an IT guy (programmer, webmaster, instructor, software product analyst, etc.) working for a substantial IT company headquartered nearby.
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

Welcome to the ROC family dbb. We're glad you're here.
Congratulations and enjoy the ride.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

Hello, I guess I should of done this awhile ago. But I didn't know how and I started posting as a newbie just like ladyridge said and all of a sudden I was a Senior member and didn't have a clue how that happened until I saw that post today. This Greetings & Introductions is a great idea.

I purchased my Ridgeline on 6/9/05 without much shopping or comparing. I went to three dealers just looking and liked what I saw. I have a thing about having to have the latest gadgets and newest in technology from computers to cars and everything electronic. The Ridgeline wasn't the same old run of the mill and boring truck and I was hooked on all it's great features, fresh ideas, innovations and best safety features of all trucks. Wow what a trunk and it's lockable and water proof!

I found and joined the ROC on 7/25/05 while searching in a Honda forum on Edmunds.com. I never went back, this forum is so much supperior. Although I have very little experience in forums this one seems more friendly and the information and peoples experiences and knowledge seems so much better. The other forum seemed to have to much arguing, complaining, ranting and name calling.

Anyway, this is getting kind of lengthy and I'm glad to be here and hope to me around a long time. One thing is for sure, I seem to learn something new every day here about the Ridgeline and it's alot more fun than just reading the Owners Manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

JOZ RIDG said:
Hello, I guess I should of done this awhile ago. But I didn't know how and I started posting as a newbie just like ladyridge said and all of a sudden I was a Senior member and didn't have a clue how that happened until I saw that post today. This Greetings & Introductions is a great idea.

I purchased my Ridgeline on 6/9/05 without much shopping or comparing. I went to three dealers just looking and liked what I saw. I have a thing about having to have the latest gadgets and newest in technology from computers to cars and everything electronic. The Ridgeline wasn't the same old run of the mill and boring truck and I was hooked on all it's great features, fresh ideas, innovations and best safety features of all trucks. Wow what a trunk and it's lockable and water proof!

I found and joined the ROC on 7/25/05 while searching in a Honda forum on Edmunds.com. I never went back, this forum is so much supperior. Although I have very little experience in forums this one seems more friendly and the information and peoples experiences and knowledge seems so much better. The other forum seemed to have to much arguing, complaining, ranting and name calling.

Anyway, this is getting kind of lengthy and I'm glad to be here and hope to me around a long time. One thing is for sure, I seem to learn something new every day here about the Ridgeline and it's alot more fun than just reading the Owners Manual.
Yeh, I understand....the love of this truck can bring the poet out of everyone!!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

Welcome to all you new folks on the forum. I don't even remember how I found the forum or what compelled me to join, but now I am stuck here and can't get away ;). A few other hobbies get in the way of me posting more frequently but I still have a long list.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,391 Posts
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

Welcome Rocky512. The black is an eyecatcher. bvondane and dbb, I want to welcome the two of you - especially. I'm excited to see that you both picked BLUE, the color with the most moods and character.

To the rest of you who we have heard from on the forum for a while and are coming back to retro-duce yourself: It's nice to get this additional parcel of information for some family members we've been getting to know for a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

Hi, Thought I would let the group know that I am getting 18 mpgs on my Silver RTL S/R Ridge. I have 5700 miles and it is do for first oil change. Just recently put Willmore stainless steel nerf bars, sunroof visor and clear bar on hood, part of front fenders and back of mirrors. Enjoy reading all the discussions. I am still waiting to see oif leer is going to design a tonneau cover for the Ridge.
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

retiredmar said:
Hi, Thought I would let the group know that I am getting 18 mpgs on my Silver RTL S/R Ridge. I have 5700 miles and it is do for first oil change. Just recently put Willmore stainless steel nerf bars, sunroof visor and clear bar on hood, part of front fenders and back of mirrors. Enjoy reading all the discussions. I am still waiting to see oif leer is going to design a tonneau cover for the Ridge.
Hi and welcome to the ROC family..properly!! :p
Be sure to post some pictures. We LOVE pictures.
LadyRidge
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

retiredmar said:
Hi, Thought I would let the group know that I am getting 18 mpgs on my Silver RTL S/R Ridge. I have 5700 miles and it is do for first oil change. Just recently put Willmore stainless steel nerf bars, sunroof visor and clear bar on hood, part of front fenders and back of mirrors. Enjoy reading all the discussions. I am still waiting to see oif leer is going to design a tonneau cover for the Ridge.
retired marine, welcome to this forum. This truck is the greatest thing ever place on the asphalt (USAF Ret) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
ssupp...everyone...here's newguy..

How did you find the ROC?

yahoo search..

Are you researching the Ridgeline or have you already decided to buy/bought one?

i'm going to be owner after 2 hours..

Any other info you'd like to share in an effort to introduce yourself.

right now i drive 97" mercedes e420 with 2.5" droped, 19" ,exhaust,bodykit
this baby for highspeed cruiser, make me "im a alive".... :D

this new toy..? think drop...or lift..but just v6..maybe supercharger..?
SO...need help... ;)

i'm 31 still student ..but hate study and i been here in united just couple of years SO MY ENGLISH SUCK..!! :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,391 Posts
Re: ssupp...everyone...here's newguy..

qsracing said:
i'm going to be owner after 2 hours..
i'm 31 still student ..but hate study and i been here in united just couple of years SO MY ENGLISH SUCK..!! :p
We'll be OK with your English level. Just do your best to describe to us how much you like your truck. We're glad to have you as a new owner. Welcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

hello my name is jeff. im kinda new to this posting stuff so forgive me if i screw up. as of 10/10/2005 i became a ridgeline owner. i must say im soooo impressed with the truck i dont know where to begin. i was in daytona beach during bike week when the ridgeline came out. I couldnt believe the features of the truck and the versatility. so i guess you would say it was love at first site. i knew hondas were great vehicles because of my current experience with the cr-v which we currently own. we purchased it in 2001 and honda sent me a questionaire to fill out. in the comments section i put i just wished honda would make a truck and now they have. :) oh by the way i own the RTL white with olive interior. anyways thanks for reading.
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: If you are new to the forum...post here first.

Welcome gsracing and outlaw. We're glad to have you as members of our ROC family. We're here for you, you're here for us, that's how this works. We have a common bond that will keep you coming back for more.
Congratulations and enjoy the ride!!
:p
 
1 - 20 of 1948 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top