Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Old joke.

Go punch your friend in the nuts and tell him to come up with something more original!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Those are not trucks - these are trucks:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
YEAH!!! (in the deepest manly voice I can muster up)

Can't deny, those ARE trucks!!

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I don't know if your friend is intelligent, it does not really matter. I learned a long time ago folks can be smart and still be ignorant.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Great 1st post.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I don't know if your friend is intelligent, it does not really matter. I learned a long time ago folks can be smart and still be ignorant.
Yep. Haters gonna hate!

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Top row, third one over. He's going to have a tough time backing up to the dock at a lot of places with that huge ICT sleeper. 120", maybe 133" ??

Nice looking truck though.

Chip H.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great 1st post.
Thanks '25'! thought it a lighthearted way to 'open the door' here. Looking/learning the age of this forum and seeing the volume of some the threads, I figure there can't be much that ain't been seen or discussed at length on the Ridge. Guess I'll soon do a post with intro remarks on our first time ownership of a Ridgeline.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Thanks '25'! thought it a lighthearted way to 'open the door' here. Looking/learning the age of this forum and seeing the volume of some the threads, I figure there can't be much that ain't been seen or discussed at length on the Ridge. Guess I'll soon do a post with intro remarks on our first time ownership of a Ridgeline.
Actually my response was intended to be on the sarcastic side. Having been a RL owner for 9 years and 10 months and 2 of my 3 RL's being DCP I was somewhat offended. Welcome to the ROC.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hell, it dont offend me. I've had just about all those big domestic, rusty, clunky, recall infested, grocery list of repairs needs after driving off the lot after first month of owning, oh look-this knob doesnt work anymore, whats that noise coming from, why is this thing rusting after only two years, huh-that engine part doesnt look like something that should be loose from the factory, why does the motor whine on cold days, why does this part cost more than the part for my Porsche, whaddya mean its not covered under warranty, should the paint be flaking off after only one year,,,,,,oh yeah,,,,now I remember why I buy Hondas. BECAUSE THEY ARE BUILT BETTER. I have had some 40 cars. I've had em all, 5 vettes, Mustangs, Monte Carlos, big Chevy 4x4s, all kings of domestics. Any ya know what?? One day, I bought a Honda Accord. Made in Ohio too. Light years better product. The Honda RL was never meant to be a big plow, utility, cargo hauling, pull the 10000lb boat truck. Its geared to the mid size truck market. Grab a Consumer Report mag, its worth the money in education. After 3 years, the difference in quality is simply staggering, just staggering. I have several neighbors that work for some big 3 companies. They ask "why wont you support your local brothers and buy their product." I answer "Why wont you support me with a quality product? Why do you want to put the screw to me with a poorer quality product just so you can make $75k a year?" I've never had an answer to this day. Now, that all said, I will always love the Corvette and Mustang. I've owned many and will own more. They will all be used and I do not expect the quality of the Honda in them, but they are a thrill to drive. American heavy metal horsepower is unique. When Detroit starts making products that stay reliable after 3 years like Honda, I will buy from the big 3, but not until then. I earn my money too hard.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
"Real" trucks at work:

RLs at work:

:D :act027:

·
Registered
170 Posts
That's funny. I know a mechanic that owns a shop just around the corner where I live. We were just chatting and he said that if it wasnt for Chrysler products, his tools would rust! He chucked, sighed and lifted his head and said "now that I think about it, the other two aint much better." He said that he doesnt get too many calls about Honda or Toyota. He thinks its a real shame that we dont make a product that stays reliable as long as some imports...even tho some are not really imports. Exception does have to be given for the trucks that work. The ones that plow, pull and carry. You cannot expect those drivelines to last as long.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
The ones that plow, pull and carry. You cannot expect those drivelines to last as long.

I expect that of mine and so far it works just fine. 2002 F250 w/184K miles; no snow here but used for pulling a fifth wheel.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm glad yours worked out well. The half dozen I had never towed, plowed or pulled and by 100k miles, the breakdowns and repairs were that of a new truck payment. U joints, half shafts breaking or stripping, rear ends going out, tranny slipping. These are big dollar repairs and all I did was drive them to work and back. The best one I had was a Chevy 1500 4x4 with plow package with no plow. It was the new stepside style. All white and looked so cool. It made it to round 90k. Then when turning one day, the half shafts started grinding. $500 later and some two thousand miles later, the u joints went. Then the tranny went. Then the transfer needed rebuilt. God, all I did was drive it. And I drove it like a baby. Waxed every other week, never off road. I loved it but couldnt trust it. Dont even ask about the three Dodges I had. Done forever. My Toyotas and Hondas have been so much more reliable. I've just had so many cars in my life, I know which ones have the better odds. Honda and Toyota better look out for Hyundai and Kia. Anybody seen the newest Consumer Reports lately? If either start making trucks for suburban use, Toyota better start making some plans....and we will see about the new RL. I think five years from now lots of things will be different in the import market and who is going to be kings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts