Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! (long-time lurker, first-time poster)
The good news is that I'm very close to pickin up a new BLACK RTL (w/Nav) from a local dealer here in Raleigh, NC. They've quoted me $500 over invoice, which puts me right around $31,650 (plus 3% tax and $46 tags). From what I've read here (and I've read a lot), it's not the best deal, but it's definitely not the worst. I fall into the category of 'weekend warrior' so the majority of my driving will be to work and back, with the occasional trip to Lowes or Home Depot (it sounds like this truck was built for me, eh?)

Here's the rub: I'm having trouble letting go of my '01 BMW 325. She's been my pride and joy for the last 4+ years, and I'm close to payin'er off. She's black with black leather interior; a real eye catcher. Recently, however, she's been costing me $700 here and $400 there, etc... It adds up quick. I very much enjoy having a car that's under a warranty umbrella. I would also enjoy not having a car payment. It's a give and take.

Anyway - I'll keep everyone posted on the buying process. We'll see what I can get on the trade-in. That might be the clincher or the deal breaker!

·
Registered
460 Posts
T Mac said:
Good luck man! Keep us posted...we'll be here when you buy it and start missing work so you can drive it around all day. ;)
hahahahahahah.............missing work to drive the ridge. uh, who would do such a thing? :eek:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Big Trouble said:
Recently, however, she's been costing me $700 here and $400 there, etc... It adds up quick.
I have a good bud that used to be a BMW owner. He informed me that as the Bimmers get older, their upkeep cost adds up fast.

That might be incentive enough to let her go?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
This tends to be my signal to get a new car, when the old one starts to cost me more money than I would like I get rid of it. I don't like to maintain a car that costs me too much, I just expect them to run. This usually happens between 4 to 7 years on cars for me which makes a lot of my cars real popular with family members who think they are really too young to get rid of.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 19 year old VW that just keeps going and going and going.... If it cost me a lot of money, I'd want to get rid of fast.

If you enjoy driving the BMW, will you be happy driving the RL?

L

·
0 Posts
JungleJim said:
I have a 19 year old VW that just keeps going and going and going.... If it cost me a lot of money, I'd want to get rid of fast.

If you enjoy driving the BMW, will you be happy driving the RL?
***** :eek: *****

L

·
0 Posts
Big Trouble said:
Hey everyone! (long-time lurker, first-time poster)
The good news is that I'm very close to pickin up a new BLACK RTL (w/Nav) from a local dealer here in Raleigh, NC. They've quoted me $500 over invoice, which puts me right around $31,650 (plus 3% tax and $46 tags). From what I've read here (and I've read a lot), it's not the best deal, but it's definitely not the worst. I fall into the category of 'weekend warrior' so the majority of my driving will be to work and back, with the occasional trip to Lowes or Home Depot (it sounds like this truck was built for me, eh?)

Here's the rub: I'm having trouble letting go of my '01 BMW 325. She's been my pride and joy for the last 4+ years, and I'm close to payin'er off. She's black with black leather interior; a real eye catcher. Recently, however, she's been costing me $700 here and $400 there, etc... It adds up quick. I very much enjoy having a car that's under a warranty umbrella. I would also enjoy not having a car payment. It's a give and take.

Anyway - I'll keep everyone posted on the buying process. We'll see what I can get on the trade-in. That might be the clincher or the deal breaker!
All I can say is:
Dive...Dive...Dive... you won't be sorry. I promise. :)

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
The black will be nice but GO FOR GREEN!!! :D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
T Mac said:
Good luck man! Keep us posted...we'll be here when you buy it and start missing work so you can drive it around all day. ;)
No laughing matter! I called in sick the next day and put 300 miles on my RL! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the feedback! I should make up my mind within the next week or two. I'm going for another test drive (dangerous, I know!) this weekend and hopefully I'll get a decent figure on the trade in.
Until then...

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Big Trouble said:
Thanks for all the feedback! I should make up my mind within the next week or two. I'm going for another test drive (dangerous, I know!) this weekend and hopefully I'll get a decent figure on the trade in.
Until then...
Maybe you could go ahead and attempt to sell your present vehicle during the decision making period. I've never traded a vehicle in and felt good about the trade-in value offered by the dealer and now, with depressed trade-in values brought on by the various employee pricing incentives, it probably makes more sense to sell your own vehicle. Just my 2 cents. :)

On a somewhat related note, I saw a Honda commercial last night. I didn't catch many details but it appeared to offer discounts on several models including the Ridgeline. It is probably aimed at clearing out this years models. Good luck on securing a good deal!

·
Registered
64 Posts
That commercial did not offer a discount on the Ridge! I hate those sneaky commercials, you have to listen more closely then you watch. They only talk about certain vehicles being on sale, but they show pictures of other vehicles as well. Toyota does it too, they talk about cash back on the Tundra and 4Runner, but they show a couple shots of the Tacoma as well. And when you check Toyota's web page, there is nothing for the Tacoma being on sale/etc. Since I figured this one out, I've noticed it a lot while watching commercials. Next time just listen to what the announcement is saying about what vehicles are on sale and compare that to which ones they are showing. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Bob could be correct - I was distracted during the commercial and I heard/saw only bits and pieces. The end of the commercial displayed a Ridgeline with mention of a lease.

·
Registered
346 Posts
There is a financing/lease offer on the Honda.com site. I would also recommend selling privately at this time..........family pricing deals have weakened the used car market in general.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts