Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, Im heading up to frisco for a few days next weekend and wanted to know whats to do... I have been to frisco a few times. I took the trollie tour, went to the ROCK, Walked the whole city almost. Im more interested in like a wine tour somewhere. or something like that. Im gonna visit my buddy working in Benicia and will be staying in that area i guess.
Also is there anything im missing on my way back down to southern cali?? I usually just drive straight without stopping.
Any ideas would be great!! :D

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
First rule...don't call it "Frisco". The locals prefer "The City". Let's start there. If you would like to go wine tasting, you need to head over to the Napa Valley. It's about an hour away. You could take Hwy 101 heading north towards Santa Rosa then east to the Napa Valley. Currently, it is raining up here in Northern California. If you are into college football, the No. 2 ranked Cal Bears will be playing in Berkeley on Saturday afternoon. From The City, Berkeley is about 20 minutes away. I don't know the availability of the tickets but it's not often that a top 5 ranked team plays in the Bay Area. On your way back south I suggest you head down Hwy 1. Enjoy the rugged coastline. If you like golf head over to the Pebble Beach area to see how the rich and famous live and play. I'm sure the homeowners there are not worried about foreclosures. I'm sure other Bay Area natives will chime in so have a great time in the Bay Area. I will be in San Ramon and Danville on Saturday so look for a Silver RL with a ROC sticker on the back window. :cool:

·
Registered
49 Posts
My wife and I spent part of our honeymoon buzzing down the Cal Coast.

I can heartily recommend eating at 'The Stinking Rose' restaurant in 'The city'... everything is loaded with Garlic (hence the name), but as long as everyone stinks the same then there's no problem!!

We had lunch at Pebble Beach Golf Club... was surprizingly cheap with an unbelievable view.... also fun to check out all the Bentleys and Ferraris in the car park!!

Carmel and Monterey areas are a must. We stayed at a really cool B&B called the Olde Monterey Inn... pricey but a great experience. I think they have a website.

Check out Herst Castle in San Simeon too.

Happy Trails!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice.. i was thinking of Napa Valley.. that i think is going to be on the list and lunch at Pebble Beach Golf Club just made my second must thing to do:)

If i run into any fellow ROC members i will give you a sticker. I have a couple extra ROC stickers so keep a look out for me
I have white and silver in 12 inch. hahaha i even have a 18 inch one that was just a little to big for the back window.:D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Being born and raised in SSF, I could always tell the people that arn't from around. " Frisco" is not what you wanna say brutha!!

" The City" " The bay" Will work

Sooooooooooo much to do in the city. I couldn't even begin to list it. You'll have a blast.

Here is your power tip for the day.

If you're walking down the street and you see a bum or homeless ( There everywhere) NEVER look them in the eye. Asso soon as youmake eye contact, your F'd

If you wanna watch something VERY funny and very entertaining. Grab a couple of beers at The Wharf, a crab sandwhichand walk towards guiradelie square and look for " The bushman"

Guy sits on the street hiding behind some hand held tree shrubs and then jumps out and scares people. HOURS-O-FUN

Have fun

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
There are so many good wineries to visit in Napa, but here's some I like...

Artesa - good just to see as it's disguised as a hill top!
Niebaum-Coppola - check out the film memorabilia while tasting wine
V. Sattui - good stop lunch at the north end of the valley. I love their Gamay Rouge

Here's a good list of them all - http://www.napavintners.com/wineries/

In the city - the Ferry Building is worth a visit if you're downtown.
Drive round via the Fishermans Wharf and the Marina District to Fort Point for a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge.
If you have the time, book a trip to Alcatraz. The audio tour is well worth it.
For food, try the famous Brandy Ho's Hunan Food near the TransAmerica Pyramid.

Check out the Bay Guardian to see what's going on in the City.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If your going to the city, always bring a jacket. The wind off the water makes it cool all the time. Weather in the Bay Area next week is expected to be in the mid to upper 60's. Napa valley may be a little warmer, but not much.

SFO always has good Chinese food and the Italian is good also. There is a wine train that runs in the Napa valley for the tourists to hit the wineries, but it is expensive. Oh yah, almost all the wineries charge for wine tasting now.

Have your friend give you the nickel tour of Benica to the old town section. Not large, but intresting. Benica was the state capital for a while and the old capital building is there. Not much else in that area except refineries.

If you see a Steel Blue RL in Santa Rosa with a Retired U.S. Navy sticker on the rear window, that's me!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Being born and raised in SSF, I could always tell the people that arn't from around. " Frisco" is not what you wanna say brutha!!

" The City" " The bay" Will work

Sooooooooooo much to do in the city. I couldn't even begin to list it. You'll have a blast.

Here is your power tip for the day.

If you're walking down the street and you see a bum or homeless ( There everywhere) NEVER look them in the eye. Asso soon as youmake eye contact, your F'd

If you wanna watch something VERY funny and very entertaining. Grab a couple of beers at The Wharf, a crab sandwhichand walk towards guiradelie square and look for " The bushman"

Guy sits on the street hiding behind some hand held tree shrubs and then jumps out and scares people. HOURS-O-FUN

Have fun

WOW so that guy is like famous.. ?? haha i saw him the last time i was there a few months ago.. Your right me and my girl watched him for almost 20 minutes. Best free comedy you can get. :D

thanks for all the good tips everyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also is there anything im missing on my way back down to southern cali?? I usually just drive straight without stopping.
Any ideas would be great!! :D
When I head down South for whatever reason, my trips not complete unless I have Mountain Oysters at Harris Ranch. If your not into Mountain Oyters, they have great steaks too.

Harris Ranch Inn & Restaurant
24505 W. Dorris Ave.
Coalinga, CA. 93210
Ph: (559) 935-0717 Ext. 648

1 - 9 of 9 Posts