Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my black RT last Friday. My sales guy who only mildly ripped me off :p , Was nice enough to drive 280 miles to pick it up for me. Even then I think He had an angle. He said He has a brother Who lives up north :rolleyes:

The RT really seems to be a rare breed. I don't seem to see many members with them. I'm a poor blue collar guy Who has always driven Honda. Well I had an affair with a Pontiac once. I have had a:

'82 Prelude
That Pontiac
'93 del Sol
'02 Civic Si

Now the RL ofcourse. I had really wanted to get something different this time that would also be great during a Michigan winter. I really didnt think I would be able to afford a RL. So I didnt consider it till I saw a Sign and drive $0 down lease deal. I only lease if its zero down. My last lease was the same and worked out ok. Sooo Here I am HI :D

Speaking of Leasing I just broke a rule of mine I have on these type of boards. Never discuss Religion,Politics and Lease vs. Buying...Its never good. ;)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Welcome. Lets see some pics of those steel wheels.

Stay away from "The Ridge" thread if you want to avoid the "politics". Jump right in if you were just kidding.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome To ROC. Many postings on this forum will be of great value to you. Read, read, and read some more.

You probably share my concerns with how the Ridgeline will perform this winter, but I cetainly expect no issues. You will love this truck. Enjoy and have fun!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome to the club, don't forget to vote for your color.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Pics please!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Congtats, welcome aboard and pretty gutsy in Detroit! ( It may be American car country, but not 'redneck'!).

I was at the gas pump, went inside to pay. when I came back, I was one of four pick-ups. Two Ford F-250's and one Dodge (Hemi)....all with big wheels, etc. The DWARFED my RL. Kinda funny, wish I had a camera. And of the three, one was a girl (Dodge).....but nobody made any comments about my 'dwarf' truck....lol. Just wanted to share that from redneck country....

Enjoy the ride jlannoo!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome guys :)

I'll get some pics when I can borrow my brothers cam. All mine are lousy.

Its just a vanilla Black RT though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Vanilla Silver here.

I don't think there is as much difference between the RT and the RTS as there is in the other Honda vehicle lines.

I had a Pilot and I have a Ody and I wouldn't have gotten an LX no way. We had an EX with the Pilot (RTS equiv.) and the EX-L (RTL) with the Ody but you got a lot more goodies for that extra money.

The RT has everything mechanically and the only outward appearance items are the door handles and mirrors. At least there isn't the black body side moulding. The steel wheels AREN'T that much worse than the crappy cast aluminum ones you get on the upgrade.

Another nice thing is that Honda isn't into that class distinction thing that so many car companies do. No trim level badges anywhere on the vehicle.

I still try to adjust the volume where there is no button and I'm always looking for the outside temperature, but I'll get over that. The fact that I only spent 25K helps.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Crispy said:
Vanilla Silver here.

I don't think there is as much difference between the RT and the RTS as there is in the other Honda vehicle lines.

I had a Pilot and I have a Ody and I wouldn't have gotten an LX no way. We had an EX with the Pilot (RTS equiv.) and the EX-L (RTL) with the Ody but you got a lot more goodies for that extra money.

The RT has everything mechanically and the only outward appearance items are the door handles and mirrors. At least there isn't the black body side moulding. The steel wheels AREN'T that much worse than the crappy cast aluminum ones you get on the upgrade.

Another nice thing is that Honda isn't into that class distinction thing that so many car companies do. No trim level badges anywhere on the vehicle.

I still try to adjust the volume where there is no button and I'm always looking for the outside temperature, but I'll get over that. The fact that I only spent 25K helps.
I agree with ya :) The only thing that really bothered me was the black mirrors and door handles. I fixed that by getting a black RL LOL :) Thats just a opinion thing though some folks like the contrast.

Something I havent decided on yet is what to do about the audio system. Part of me wants to install my kenwood nav system from my Civic Si and my infinity basslink.

The other part of me wants to buy a RTS/RTL changer headunit and factory sub second hand and keep it stock looking. I never thought I would consider that but.. I really don't think the system sounds bad in my RT. It just needs a little more bass. Its worlds above the stock system in my Si and I really like the clean look of the factory setup. I would have to get XM then...I have always had sirius.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I really like my RT trim level Ridge. I am one of the people who likes the contrast that the black offers, thats part of the reason I added the running boards, and bug deflector. It makes the truck look a little more "rough" and "truck-like" in my opinion. Although my friend has a silver RTL and it looks more "classy" if that makes sense :confused: but it looks good too.

When I first read the trim level descriptions on Honda.com I read "steel wheels" and thought they would look bad like the ones the put on the CR-V. But I think the steel wheels look good, and even a little more "tough" which goes well with the RT's black handles,mirrors,etc. I think the finish on the steel rims is good, and you really have to look close to tell they're not alloys.

·
Registered
774 Posts
jlannoo said:

There's nothing "vanilla" about a Ridgeline. Even the base model is a head turner. Show me another truck that can make that statement :)

L

·
0 Posts
captmiddy said:
Welcome to the club, don't forget to vote for your color.
HEY...that's my line!! :D

Yes, welcome to the family jlannoo. We're glad you're here.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
ladyridge said:
HEY...that's my line!! :D

Yes, welcome to the family jlannoo. We're glad you're here.
But he didn't buy Silver so I wasn't sure if you would suggest this ;).

·
Registered
141 Posts
jlannoo said:

We will fix that vanilla thing. Let us lead you into the dark side of user modifications. This forum will addict you. Best to stop reading now or be assimulated. Nuff said :confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts