Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am new and would like advice on a good bug deflector can anyone recommend a good one also are their any GB going on?

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have the OEM Bug Deflector and like it. It works fine. The aftermarket models are a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Hi All,
I am new and would like advice on a good bug deflector can anyone recommend a good one also are their any GB going on?
I have the OEM bug deflector but you'll get as many different fans for each model. It's a personal choice.

BTW, we have a group buy for Pop&Lock tailgate locks. Click on the link below!

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts
I think I got a Lund...it's been a while and I didn't bother keeping the box:eek:..

The best thing is you won't need to glue a support brace onto your hood like you do with the OEM deflector.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Glue a support brace onto the hood? :eek: I wouldn't want that.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,879 Posts
I have an AVS II deflector (made by Lund). It works fine to prevent stone chips on the leading edge of the hood. I found mine to lightly rub the fender... either at highway speed or else when I take it through the drive-thru car wash.

So I dug out the buttons that came with it and installed one on either side to prevent the rub:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have an AVS II deflector and I have had a whistling sound at highway speed after installing it. Yesterday I went out of town so I removed it before I left no more whistling. The whistling seems to be coming from the passenger side windshield. I’m going to put it back on and tape around the windshield and see if it stops on my next trip out of town. I was going to buy a Honda one but I’m wondering if the OEM might do the something.

·
Super Moderator
22,879 Posts
Thats odd, mine sits perfectly on the little rubber stick on piece. It stops the shield from ever contacting my fender. I wonder why yours is hitting?
I don't know. There's plenty of clearance (3/4 inch or so). Could be going through the drive-thru car wash that causes the contact. Do you take yours through the drive-thru (with rotating brushes and cloth strips)?

·
Registered
25 Posts
The best thing is you won't need to glue a support brace onto your hood like you do with the OEM deflector.
Glue a support brace onto the hood? I wouldn't want that.
You don't HAVE to put that thing on the hood. I have an OEM Honda deflector and I didn't install the bracket. All that thing does is help support the deflector if somebody closes the hood by pushing on it rather than just letting it drop. In fact when I installed mine I held that support bracket behind the deflector and I felt like the plastic would snap long before the deflector would touch it.

FWIW I have had both A/M and OEM and other then the screws turning silver, which i fixed with a little paint, the OEM deflector is MUCH more robust then A/M versions. I also think they look and fit much better as well.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have a Lund. Price was about 1/2 OEM. Appearance is clean with no screws, or whatever they are on the OEM, on the front. Install is EASY. Protects the front at 1/2 the price and looks good...what more can you ask for?

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
You don't HAVE to put that thing on the hood. I have an OEM Honda deflector and I didn't install the bracket.
Ditta, I installed the plastic brace but removed it because it's not necessary. Look "purdy" the way it is!

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I don't know. There's plenty of clearance (3/4 inch or so). Could be going through the drive-thru car wash that causes the contact. Do you take yours through the drive-thru (with rotating brushes and cloth strips)?
I never ever use the car washes with foam brushes and cloths! They will scratch a dark colored vehicle awfully. I go with the full touchless, (pressure wash, soap, wax, etc..) It works good for me

·
Super Moderator
22,879 Posts
I never ever use the car washes with foam brushes and cloths! They will scratch a dark colored vehicle awfully. I go with the full touchless, (pressure wash, soap, wax, etc..) It works good for me
I guess that's an advantage with lighter colored vehicles... not too worried about scratches, etc.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I have the Lund version and my only complaint, which I know some fellow ROC'ers think is a good thing is that there is nothing that holds the bug shield away from the hood. I've noticed that mine has begun to warp in the middle from what I suspect is a lot of highway driving. Considering it was about 1/3rd the cost of the OEM version I guess I can live with that as it is still functional.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts