Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, after some months doing research I decided the best vehicle for me is a Honda Ridgeline and bought one a little while back ('06 silver RTL) and have been quite happy with the decision. The Ridgeline is one very well thought out SUT. I was impressed to find a site that supports owners of these fine trucks and was happy for the opportunity to join.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
AHHH, you have been assimilated!

Welcome to ROC Mr. VeeTum.

Of special interest to new owners, recommendations:
- Search "A14" service. This is ~105K mile service interval which includes replacing timing belt, tensioner, water pump - checking valve lash and changing out plugs.

- Search "SMOD" (strawberry milk shake of death) which is a (potential) radiator failure that allows trans fluid/engine coolant to mix. Worst case scenario is serious damage to the trans. It's not horribly expensive to avoid this catastrophe - especially if you are a DIY'er.

- Spark plug torque checks are highly recommended. Another DIY/cheap insuranvce project that is basically free - except for your time and effort.

- Also, regular fluid maintenance (trans/engine oil/VTM/ETC) is cheap and easy insurance protecting your beloved RL from harm. Especially if you are a DIY'er.

If your ride has an unknown service history, these things go a long way in establishing a base line for reliability.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Congrats on your RL and welcome to the ROC!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,409 Posts
Congratulations on your Purchase.

Welcome to the ROC!

Enjoy the Ride!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Welcome to the ROC.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Yes, after some months doing research I decided the best vehicle for me is a Honda Ridgeline and bought one a little while back ('06 silver RTL) and have been quite happy with the decision. The Ridgeline is one very well thought out SUT. I was impressed to find a site that supports owners of these fine trucks and was happy for the opportunity to join.
Congrats on your new to you RL. Here's a warm west coast welcome to the ROC!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome! Welcome! Enjoy your ridgeline!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts