Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all three models (RT, RTS, RTL) come with Immobilizer? The brochure says that the RT doesn't come with a security system--does that mean a noisy alarm and/or the Immobilizer system? My Jeep Liberty came with Immobilizer and keyless entry (I don't think the two are related) but no alarm so I assume that combination is possible on the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
200 Posts
nwdriver,

The immobilizer, is seperate, and all versions do have it. the RT is indeed missing the noisy alarm only.

nwdiver said:
Do all three models (RT, RTS, RTL) come with Immobilizer? The brochure says that the RT doesn't come with a security system--does that mean a noisy alarm and/or the Immobilizer system? My Jeep Liberty came with Immobilizer and keyless entry (I don't think the two are related) but no alarm so I assume that combination is possible on the Ridgeline.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Do RTLs have a stock, factory installed audible alarm that should go off if someone attempts to open a door? I have the security system indicator lights on the dash and driver's door (and a sticker on the window) which blink after locking the doors, but I've been unable to determine that there's an alarm. I've read the manual and checked Honda's web site but the info seems too ambiguous to provide a definitive answer. Maybe I'm just dense. <shrug>

·
Registered
953 Posts
ridged said:
Do RTLs have a stock, factory installed audible alarm that should go off if someone attempts to open a door? I have the security system indicator lights on the dash and driver's door (and a sticker on the window) which blink after locking the doors, but I've been unable to determine that there's an alarm. I've read the manual and checked Honda's web site but the info seems too ambiguous to provide a definitive answer. Maybe I'm just dense. <shrug>
Yes, if the door is opened after the doors are locked the alarm will sound much like when the panic button is pressed.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
DoctorJ said:
Yes, if the door is opened after the doors are locked the alarm will sound much like when the panic button is pressed.
Just to expand slightly, it takes 30 seconds for the alarm to arm. To test, leave a window down, close the door and set the alarm. Wait a minute or so and reach in and unlock the door and see what happens! :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Immobilizer vs Audible Alarm

ridged said:
The "factory audible alarm" is the RL horn.

The dash security indicator light is for the radio only.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Thanks for the speedy responses. I performed the test suggested by swampler and it confirmed that an alarm system is indeed present and functioning. :eek: :)

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
On my previous truck I had LoJack installed as well as the factory installed audible alarm. On my Ridgeline instead of Lojack I went with MobileGuardian. I like my options with this company a lot better!
http://www.mymobileguardian.com/ :D

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Where I live, my dog is my alarm AND my immobilizer!:D I don't worry much about someone stealing my truck, unless it is a really sharp deer, raccoon or turkey!

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
hiPSI said:
Where I live, my dog is my alarm AND my immobilizer!:D I don't worry much about someone stealing my truck, unless it is a really sharp deer, raccoon or turkey!
I don't worry about theft either, and I wouldn't be disappointed if my Ridge was without the alarm system (I'm not sold on their usefulness), but it's nice, after four months of ownership, to still be finding features that I wasn't aware of. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts