Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Interesting find. Thanks for posting this info.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Being more like the Land Rover than the Mustang. It looks like Cruise Control and lead foot have the biggest effect, And use the AC because you won't notice the 1.6 percent improvement.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Three times a week I have to make a 195 mile trip with a combination of 60% highway, 10% country roads, 40% suburban driving. For the last 2 months I would get 17.4 to 18.7 MPG using cruise on the higthway and the A/C always on because of summer high temps & humidity. This week the temps were down and did the exact same trip with the air off. I got exactly 20.0 MPG. I just hope it stays cool from now on! :)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
ridgeNH said:
Being more like the Land Rover than the Mustang. It looks like Cruise Control and lead foot have the biggest effect, And use the AC because you won't notice the 1.6 percent improvement.
I find the cruise in the Ridgeline to be one of my few disapointments, too quick to downshift, even more than the 4 cyl Accords. I agree with the lead foot theory, just press it and go, you will be surprised! Filled up yesterday and averaged 21 MPG, no cruise, all A/C miles and local driving, no Interstate and no speed over 65. You have to be careful in checking the Ridge MPG. This thing will hold several $$$ after it kicks off. I always keep filling until it will not take any more.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Oh yeah, top speed is 110 and she handles great!

**Anti-lock breaks also work great when driving 65mph on vacation/ coming down a mountain and a stop sign pops up out of nowhere. For some unknown reason, my wife was not as impressed as I was by the stopping ability??? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts