Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to thjis group and I am also a new proud owner of a 2012 RTL. My question is what can I do to remove the white water marks in my bed. Ever since I first got my car from the dealer after they washed it there are white water spots in the balck truck bed.

We have very hard water here in the Las Vegas area. I tried cleaning it with soft water with sponge, cotton cloth, absorber, everythng and it clean upa little but becasue the truck bed is rough it only graps onto the rag etc and seems to make it scuffed up!

Any suggestions would be helpful. I want to wash it but don't want to make it with more spots that won't come off.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Hello,

I am new to thjis group and I am also a new proud owner of a 2012 RTL. My question is what can I do to remove the white water marks in my bed. Ever since I first got my car from the dealer after they washed it there are white water spots in the balck truck bed.

We have very hard water here in the Las Vegas area. I tried cleaning it with soft water with sponge, cotton cloth, absorber, everythng and it clean upa little but becasue the truck bed is rough it only graps onto the rag etc and seems to make it scuffed up!

Any suggestions would be helpful. I want to wash it but don't want to make it with more spots that won't come off.

Thank you
Welcome to the ROC!

Try Bondo Restore Black. Here's one thread of many.
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37555

Also, get ready it for the "it's a truck" processional. Don't let the negative comments get you down.

·
Registered
521 Posts
My water is also very hard and I don't recal seeing white spots that were water related that wouldn't easily come off with a rag or brush. Wondering if they used some other chemical to clean the truck that doesn't want to come off.

That being said, I would try a wheel brush or something (not wire brush). Something semi-stiff but that wont scratch and a good cleaner that wont hurt the finish. The green stuff, or car cleaner.

Last case if that doesn't clean it, I would go for the black/bed restore mentioned above.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
Sounds like there was still some detergent left in the water when the dealership ran it through their auto wash before they gave it to you. If that dries (which it would easily in Vegas heat), then you'll get hard water/soap stains. As was mentioned, try using a bristle brush or maybe even a kitching scrubbing sponge with some good cleaning agent like Simple Green (diluted of course). Spray it down really well to make sure all the cleaner is removed and then dry the bed with a clean towel. If that doesn't completely remove the stains, which I don't think it will, go for the Back to Black stuff. It works really well. Plus, it will probably protect against something like that happening again.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Sounds like there was still some detergent left in the water when the dealership ran it through their auto wash before they gave it to you. If that dries (which it would easily in Vegas heat), then you'll get hard water/soap stains. As was mentioned, try using a bristle brush or maybe even a kitching scrubbing sponge with some good cleaning agent like Simple Green (diluted of course). Spray it down really well to make sure all the cleaner is removed and then dry the bed with a clean towel. If that doesn't completely remove the stains, which I don't think it will, go for the Back to Black stuff. It works really well. Plus, it will probably protect against something like that happening again.
+1 on detergent left in the water. MY RL is 50 months old, bed still looks like new. I only wash the truck 4/5 times a year. Always wash the bed with detergent and rinse thoroughly, then wipe it down with Armorall. My bed mostly gets scuffs, anything will scuff the bed material. I keep some carpet tiles in the truck and put them under anything rough that might scratch. Works for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts