Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to put this question, so I am going to start here. I am a proud owner of a new black RTS as of this past weekend and could not be happier.

My question is in regards to the manufacture date. I have read that new owners should try and buy 9/05 models. I just checked mine tonight and it is a 8/05 model. With the dates being so close, am I going to run into some the problems that have been mentioned in regards to the windshield noise, water leakage and creeky stearing wheel problems. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
You should not have any of those problems. We've had ours since the end of April and we are trouble free. The 9/05 concern has to do with the all doors unlock when in park issue that have driven some owners crazy. In ours, only the driver's door will unlock. We've gotten used to it and it's not a big deal to us.

L

·
0 Posts
Same here as Truckin'. Hitting the "let me out of here I'm just a teenager" button has become habit. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have noticed that when I do put the truck in park, that only the drivers side will unlock. I just thought that was normal. The new models fixed that problem and now all doors unlock? Has there been a fix yet for that problem or is it something we are going to have to live with?

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
No fix for the pre-9/05 models.

·
Registered
319 Posts
neko4487 said:
I have noticed that when I do put the truck in park, that only the drivers side will unlock. I just thought that was normal. The new models fixed that problem and now all doors unlock? Has there been a fix yet for that problem or is it something we are going to have to live with?
Canadian dealers recieved a TSB on "ALL DOORS UNLOCK" issue already. its only to be fixed on customer's request and the customer has to pay for the parts and labour,The customer also has to pay for a new owner's manual and quick start guide because of new instructions for door unlocking issue.aprox $170 Cnd+tax.
Its one thing to pay for an extra feature if the customer wants it(all doors unlock).but Honda admits that there is a misprint in the manual so why we have to pay for that to be replaced? Its my 1st Honda and I hope thats not the genral trend by Honda:(

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think that with ENOUGH complaints, especially due to the fact it is printed in the manuals, we can get Honda to cover the new unit at no cost. Afterall, the unit isn't working as advertised, which would technically be a warranty issue. Furthermore, while we PERSONALLY cannot sue Honda, the FTC can sue Honda for false advertising. Now, this is a little excessive, but I simply want the features stated in the manual that came with my truck. Sending me a new manual isn't going to fix the problem. Furthermore, it should be a safety issue for Honda to fix this issue as if someone is hit or the truck starts on fire while in park with the doors automatically locked, the occupants could theoretically become trapped in the vehicle. Yes, it's far fetched, but it's interesting when you think about it from an objecive standpoint. Bottom line: you push Honda hard enough, they WILL replace the module at no cost.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
WhiteRTLnav said:
Afterall, the unit isn't working as advertised, which would technically be a warranty issue. Furthermore, while we PERSONALLY cannot sue Honda, the FTC can sue Honda for false advertising. Now, this is a little excessive, but I simply want the features stated in the manual that came with my truck.
Actually read your original manual but read the second part where you actually set it. There is different text there. So the reality is they can easily get away with stating it was a typo in the original manual as there is two different behaviors stated in the same manual. This doesn't change the fact that it really should be fixed at their cost since many customers believed it was there, and they 'fixed' it in later build units. If it is only $20 though I am not going to haggle that amount as long as they install it at no cost.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
safridge said:
Does any one know how i can open a new topic new here.
You have to go back to the ROC Forums page and then click on the category that your most logically fits under. If it happens to belong under Miscellaneous/ General RL Discussions, then you just have to go back one level. You can accomplish either of these tasks in one click up above where the underlined titles are separated by the > symbols. Each of those underlined titles is a link. Then right on the top left you will see a button that says "New Thread." Punch that and you're good to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts