Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see on vehix.com that invoice on a RTL-Navi is $31,258.

I'm thinking of trading my Element in for a Ridgeline in the next 6 months or so... and my question is:

1) How close to invoice is everybody paying?

2) And So. Cal members, what dealership did you go to?

3) I have excellent credit and I think I just cracked 7 years of credit history so what kind of APR will I be looking at?

I can probably get about $13k for my Element as a trade in, plus I plan to put maybe $10k down. With that said, after 8.25% tax and $515 destination, I'll be financing $11,394 at least, and I'll probably choose a 36 month term.

Any help would be appreciated!

L

·
0 Posts
If you're near San Diego, go see Mike L. ( Internet Manager ) at Pacific Honda. Tell him J.C. from Cleveland sent ya!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello, I live in Chicago so this may not apply to you but I bought my RTL w/ Navi 1 week ago and paid 32200 (Sticker was 35150). I was very happy but I did spend about 6 hours at the dealer and nearly walked out once. It was the last day of the month which I think helped. Good luck! I love it so far! :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not sure what part of Southern California you are in but I too have been shopping for a Ridgeline. Here's what I've found:

The two best prices I received for the RTL w/NAV were through the internet. Power Honda in Costa Mesa offered $32,673 (includes destination) and Hardin Honda in Anaheim offered $31,673 (includes destination).

As for the interst rate, I have good credit and I qualified for 4.9%. I'm not sure if that is all that great but I don't think Honda is offering any promotional type interest rate for the Ridgeline at the moment. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sheniferous said:
So I see on vehix.com that invoice on a RTL-Navi is $31,258.

I'm thinking of trading my Element in for a Ridgeline in the next 6 months or so... and my question is:

1) How close to invoice is everybody paying?

2) And So. Cal members, what dealership did you go to?

3) I have excellent credit and I think I just cracked 7 years of credit history so what kind of APR will I be looking at?

I can probably get about $13k for my Element as a trade in, plus I plan to put maybe $10k down. With that said, after 8.25% tax and $515 destination, I'll be financing $11,394 at least, and I'll probably choose a 36 month term.

Any help would be appreciated!
Well, I don't have much experience in haggling prices with the dealer, but when I saw the Black RTS, I told myself that this is what I want to drive off the lot. There were two other vehicles out front (Silver and White RTLs) but I couldn't talk my wife into spending a little more for the RTL.

I knew that there was a $3K separation from MSRP and invoice and that I wouldn't pay more than $29K total with payments around $450. We have outstanding credit so we qualified for 4.9% financing (36 months) and I haven't seen anything lower than that. We didn't have a trade-in and only put down $5K. After a total of 3 hours at the dealership, I paid $1500 below MSRP (or above invoice...however you want to look at it) and don't think I did too bad overall.

-SixOpRidge

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just got my RTL-S/R from Santa Monica Honda for $29,990.00 (including destination). Total out the door (tax, lic., fees) was $32,677.21, but I paid cash and didn't finance anything, even though my credit is perfect and I could have...this truck is a write-off for me and my tax guy said the laws just changed on writing off your finance charges, so it made no sense to waste the money on the Interest Rate anymore.

I realized later that I got twisted around a bit on the final negotiation and I meant to haggle for another $500 less over-all...and in the end, I think that I could have gotten it! But oh well, I did alright. From everything I gather via Edmunds and Consumer Reports (a one-time special report purchase I highly recomend from CR), the listed "Invoice Price w/Destination Fee" the Dealers all claim to pay was exactly the final price I paid for my Truck (+/-fifty dollars). But according to Consumer Reports, the Dealer REALLY pays typically about $1,000.00 even less than their claimed "Invoice" because of what they call "Dealer Holdback" (I assume this is Dealer incentives and such that they get depending on how many cars they sell?).

But It's ok...I also got them to agree to giving me the employee rate for any additional accessories that I want to add at ANY TIME! :) (averages out to 35% off over-all)...so as of right now I'm saving about another $600 right there.

But I didn't buy the same day I looked...and I did go to another Dealer's lot and let them both know I was serious about shopping the price around...so I think that helped at the final negotiation, because a few times I said I was going to leave and go check out some more places and that got them to keep working the price down.

Plus, in a city of this size, they can find exactly what you want and have it brought over from another Dealer same day or next at the most, so the truck you want doesn't have to be on their lot...it can even be on the competition's!! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts