Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my Green RTS over the wknd. Traded in my 169800 mi, '94 Nissan XE Pickup. Got the RL w/Bed Extender only, total above invoice by about $240, before trade-in.

Overall, I'm happy. Just takes some getting used to, given the size difference and all. Parking in the garage has been quite an amusing spectacle for my neighbors, I'm sure. Gimme a week, and I should have it down. Sound system is def. better than my old one, but then again, the Nissan stock speakers were 4" full ranges, so pretty much anything would be an improvement.

I DJ on weekends, so for those non-nightclub events (clubs have their own equipment - easier for me) where I have to carry in my own speakers, etc, the RL is perfect. Can lock the easier-to-steal stuff in either the trunk or cab, and for those large events that require many speakers, the bed extender will come in handy.

I must thank everyone who contributed to this forum. Believe me when I say I scoured this site non-stop for the weeks prior to entering the warzone known as the dealership, and was well-prepared as a result.

Now I gotta get me some of them custom sill plates....

·
Registered
578 Posts
Congrats on the new truck.

Parking is still a bit tricky for me in certain situations.
At work, the garage has steel wires on the outside edge of the garage... it is very hard to judge distance with those darned thing. I sometime have to park, get out, pull in, get out, pull in. Oh well. :eek:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Welcome and great choice of color!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the ROC family, we're glad you're here.
Congratulations and enjoy the ride!!
:cool:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome! and Yes. My wife can sympathize with you regarding parking it in the garage, haha.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Congratulations- you'll love this vehicle. Garage parking can be a little challenging but our lawn in Central VA is like straw anyway so I don't have a problem taking a wide turn to get into my side-entry garage. At least it fits in my garage front to back with more than a foot to spare. I always nudge right up to the wall- haven't touched it yet (almost 7 months of ownership).

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome aboard to the boards. Great color choice

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
I take it they were out of silver ones?? ;)

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your ridge!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Perkolater said:
I take it they were out of silver ones?? ;)

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your ridge!
Naw, He thought those hadn't been painted yet :D Oh, and welcome ingo b , this color thing is pretty serious stuff ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Skywalker said:
From "lurker" to happy new owner.... gotta like it!

R O C on :cool:
Ahem..."research". I was researching. :)

Thanks for the greetings folks. BTW, I got my first bug splat on my otherwise pristine windshield yesterday on the way to work. I was royally bummed out.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Huge oversight letting those primer ones leave the factory. Look for a recall notice for painting in the mail LR. :p

L

·
0 Posts
arteegee said:
Huge oversight letting those primer ones leave the factory. Look for a recall notice for painting in the mail LR. :p
NOW STOP THAT FUNNY BOY!!
:D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts