Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, please check and make sure your lug wrench is correct. I have had my Ridgeline for one week and had a flat tire. To my dismay the lug wrench cut out which accepts the segmented shaft so you can jack the vehicle was too small and not usable. I was out of town so a local dealership let me borrow one to use. The dealership did not have a replacement and could not repair the tire. I ened up at a Firestone tire shop who helped me get to a wedding on time.

I get to the wedding and it's raining. We get in the Ridge and discovery the capeting is soaked in different areas of the floorboard.

Just thought someone might like to know...build quality and control has a problem. " To say the least".

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Newsome said:
All, please check and make sure your lug wrench is correct. I have had my Ridgeline for one week and had a flat tire. To my dismay the lug wrench cut out which accepts the segmented shaft so you can jack the vehicle was too small and not usable. I was out of town so a local dealership let me borrow one to use. The dealership did not have a replacement and could not repair the tire. I ened up at a Firestone tire shop who helped me get to a wedding on time.

I get to the wedding and it's raining. We get in the Ridge and discovery the capeting is soaked in different areas of the floorboard.

Just thought someone might like to know...build quality and control has a problem. " To say the least".
I'd be so PO beyond belief...Let us know what caused the wetness in the cab would you?

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Newsome - Sorry to hear about you misfortune, hope you got to wedding on time.

These water leak stories really got me worried. I want to check mine but I can't make myself do it. Don't really want to know I guess :(

My s/n is (5) 17127

How hard was the rain, I wonder if it takes a pretty hard rain to notice a leak? Keep us posted on the fix.

Thanks for the heads-up on the lug wrench, would be nice to have the correct one when needed. :mad:

·
Registered
150 Posts
After looking at the lug wrench and deciding I didn't want to try to get lug nuts off with it, I tossed an old dial type 1/2" torque wrench that is about 18 inches long and the proper sized metric impact socket from my kit in the garage. Fairly cheap fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to make sure that all understand! The lug wrench in question fit the lug nuts...the problem was the cut out in the lug wrench was not large enough to accept the rod that turns the jack to raise the vehicle. I would check this if you ever think it may be necessary to jack your Ridge using the on board jack and accessories and not AAA ;) .

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Have just driven for last 5 days in a constant Monsoon (Long Island/New York City) and the interior is dry as a bone. 30,000 build range from 8/05. The truck drove great through some really deep road lakes and leaf slick country roads. I am very pleased with the handling. I definitely think the interval wiper should have a slower speed for mist conditions, but I noticed that in this almost constant rain, interval set to fastest speed had a functionality I liked, the wipers went same speed as the constant slow setting when on the move and when I came to a stop light, they slowed to almost a stop and didn't squeek on the windshield.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts