Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I am getting ready to buy a 2008 ridgeline RTX in the US with about 15000 miles (24000km) and would like some advice about what is needed to cross the border and if they give you a hard time at the border. I am buying within the next. I am getting this for approx 20000US so is this a decent price? Obviously I will lose my factor warranty I guess.
Any info would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Hi everyone.
I am getting ready to buy a 2008 ridgeline RTX in the US with about 15000 miles (24000km) and would like some advice about what is needed to cross the border and if they give you a hard time at the border. I am buying within the next. I am getting this for approx 20000US so is this a decent price? Obviously I will lose my factor warranty I guess.
Thanks
Sounds a little high to me!! See this link

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24272&highlight=canada

·
Registered
80 Posts
Most of the information you'll need can be found at www.riv.ca
You'll need to give the US border at least 72 hours notice before you come back to Canada. They'll check it first to ensure the registration numbers match. If you're buying from a dealer, they can most likely make all the necessary arrangements for sending the paper to the US customs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I lost out on the 2008 rts in the US but I had another 2007 Rtl with 24k lined up for 20200. Only problem is that I cannot complete the deal until early next week. I had this worked out a few days ago with the currency exchange costing about 22400. Today, as of now, the exchange is going to cost approx 24200can. Is this too much and do you think I should now shop in canada for a better deal? Cannot seem to find one out there.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Well, I lost out on the 2008 rts in the US but I had another 2007 Rtl with 24k lined up for 20200. Only problem is that I cannot complete the deal until early next week. I had this worked out a few days ago with the currency exchange costing about 22400. Today, as of now, the exchange is going to cost approx 24200can. Is this too much and do you think I should now shop in canada for a better deal? Cannot seem to find one out there.
Any help would be appreciated.
For that kind of money, I think you should be able to find something used in Canada and have the balance of warranty.

·
Registered
100 Posts
For that kind of money, I think you should be able to find something used in Canada and have the balance of warranty.
You have to remember in Canada a 2007 will go anywhere from $28 000 and up, I have seen lots of them as much as $33 000.

There are some 2006's in the 19 and 20 range but they can go as high as $26 000 for an rtl/exl with nav.

The 2009's (EXL with Nav) are actually down to around $43 000 from $45 000 in 2008.

In this country I believe the lowest priced Ridgeline starts around $35 000 new.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
You have to remember in Canada a 2007 will go anywhere from $28 000 and up, I have seen lots of them as much as $33 000.

There are some 2006's in the 19 and 20 range but they can go as high as $26 000 for an rtl/exl with nav.

The 2009's (EXL with Nav) are actually down to around $43 000 from $45 000 in 2008.

In this country I believe the lowest priced Ridgeline starts around $35 000 new.
I'm not talking about buying from a dealer. I know what the prices are and I know what I could get for mine.
For the price the OP mentioned, I think he could get something here without the hassle of crossing the border and passing a Canadian safety and get a warranty. Thats worth a few bucks right there. He/she may have to travel a little for a deal but if they were willing to go to the US for a deal, why not go to an other province?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm not talking about buying from a dealer. I know what the prices are and I know what I could get for mine.
For the price the OP mentioned, I think he could get something here without the hassle of crossing the border and passing a Canadian safety and get a warranty. Thats worth a few bucks right there. He/she may have to travel a little for a deal but if they were willing to go to the US for a deal, why not go to an other province?
Yes your right, if you look around and are willing to travel there are deals to be had. I apologize, I was not talking about buying new either, just comparing what we pay used in Canada can buy almost new in the US.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know what you are saying but it is very hard to find a canadian vehicle for a good price. It seems as though most used lots are us ridgelines. By the way, I never bought the 07 rtl due to the difference in the currency, I was getting killed. I will still keep looking for the right deal.

·
Super Moderator
22,671 Posts
Hi everyone.
Thanks
From what I've seen in the price thread, you should be able to get a NEW 2008 RTX for about 20k in the USA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts