Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTE, today I was playing with the android menu and secret menu. I then turned off my car, went inside a store, came back out and now my screen won't turn on at all. I get the "Honda Link" screen and main backup camera works, but nothing else. not even Bluetooth.

I tried holding the power button.. pulling the fuse.. and disconnected the battery,.. still nada.. and I can't find anything online. anyone got any helpful tips

·
Registered
708 Posts
The Secret menu is secret for a reason. You may need to take it to the dealer and play dumb. Maybe they can bring it back to life or end up replacing the head unit.

·
Administrator
16,008 Posts
I have mixed feelings about this.

You might tell the dealer you stopped at a store and when you restarted the vehicle the screen was black without mentioning you had been in the Android or diagnostic menus. However, I'd still consider that exclusionary detailing and don't feel it's right for Honda to have to pay for something that probably wouldn't have happened had you not been poking around in places Honda never intended you to go.

Can you get back into the diagnostic menu?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
56 Posts
Might need to find a way to reboot / reset it...unfortunately I don't have any suggestions on how to do that or even if it's advisable. You may be in uncharted waters with this one.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,891 Posts
I have mixed feelings about this.

You might tell the dealer you stopped at a store and when you restarted the vehicle the screen was black without mentioning you had been in the Android or diagnostic menus. However, I'd still consider that exclusionary detailing and don't feel it's right for Honda to have to pay for something that probably wouldn't have happened had you not been poking around in places Honda never intended you to go.
"Mixed feelings"?? :cautious:

Either a person accepts responsibility for the consequences of their own actions, or they don't.

Ya fully disclose the situation to the Dealer so they can jump to the quickest solution with all facts in hand. If they choose to do the fix gratis, ya thank them profusely; if they choose to charge for their time, ya pay-up then thank them profusely.

It's called integrity, clear and simple, though all too often lacking in our society these days. :(

(Shame for even raising the contrary notion; it has nothing to do with what's right for Honda, it has everything to do with what's right, period.)

Reactions: zroger73

·
Premium Member
2020 RTL-E Modern Steel Metallic
34 Posts
Are you sure you just simply dimmed the display?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Being the infotainment system is Android, there has to be a way to get into the Recovery menu, which ALL Android devices have. On phones, it is usually a combination of holding the power button and volume down or up simultaniously from an off state (usually power+volume down gets you to the Recovery menu, power+volume up gets you into the Bootloader menu, but it could be the opposite). This could quite possibly require you to disconnect the battery, then try this procedure as the battery is being reconnected. Once in the Recovery menu you should be able to reset to factory defaults.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts